It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Account of Exodus.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
ohr.edu...

The papyrus describes violent upheavals in Egypt, starvation, drought, escape of slaves (with the wealth of the Egyptians), and death throughout the land. The papyrus was written by an Egyptian named Ipuwer and appears to be an eyewitness account of the effects of the Exodus plagues from the perspective of an average Egyptian.

I saw this awhile back, and it has just crossed my path again so I figured I'd share it with the ATS club. Very interesting Imo. Anyways enjoy the read.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Did Exodus really happen?

Were the Jews ever mass enslaved in Egypt? Did two million of them escape slavery in Egypt and live in the desert for 40 years before invading 'The Promised Land' ?? Did Moses really celebrate Passover with the slaves in Egypt ?? More and more the answer looks like ... NO.

An interesting thread on the topic if you haven't seen it...

Interesting article, btw. Definitely deserves looking into.

edit on 3/8/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I am reading through it now, but I spotted this "No Egyptian record contains a single reference to anything in Exodus;" In one of the quoted sections. I think what I have just posted shows us otherwise. It also mentions no record of the deaths.

"4:3 (5:6) Forsooth, the children of princes are dashed against the walls.

6:12 Forsooth, the children of princes are cast out in the streets.

6:3 The prison is ruined.

2:13 He who places his brother in the ground is everywhere.

3:14 It is groaning throughout the land, mingled with lamentations "

quoted from the ipuwer papyrus.

I am not familiar with the language so I would need to look into what children of princes most likely means before I could actually say this is a record of the death of firstborns. That thread also acts like we have an abundance of material from that time frame.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Thanks for the post. Get ready, the trolls will be here soon.
edit on 8-3-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

You mean the rational people?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dewts

You should read the article, a rational person would notice how the Egyptian account parallels the Biblical account.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

... maybe because your book has "borrowed" most its stories from other cultures.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Dewts

You should read the article, a rational person would notice how the Egyptian account parallels the Biblical account.

Lots of things are analogous, that doesn't mean there is an actual connection. I suspect if the first born sons of every family in Egypt died it would factor heavily into their histories, as opposed to not showing up at all.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Very interesting... but theres one issue...

theres no mention of the Hebrews, or more specifically Israel...

As it stands we know of only a single hieroglyphic inscription that mentions Israel...

Good stuff though...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Oh without a doubt.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

.. maybe because your book has "borrowed" most its stories from other cultures.

This is first a logical fallacy as your statement is overly broad. Any specific example you bring up I will be glad to show you how this supposed parallel is BS. Oh and please don't steam roll one example at a time.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Would God pick a very small group of people to wander aimlessly? I doubt it. That childish 'god likes me better than you ' story doesn't matter anyway, but the history does.
Sticking to the history. Proving events happened from the bible doesn't prove god. Biblical history is a wonderful source to look into a VERY SMALL tribes cultural history.

I will read the full papyrus and come back in a bit, but in the mean time for those interested in the Moses question, I know there have been arguments for the Pharaoh Akhenaton (King Tuts Father) was actually Moses, a more plausible connection. He banned all other idols, faced a plague, and moved his people to a new promised land....sound familiar....

One God-The consolidation of the many Egyptian gods into the one god, Aten, is considered to be first push to move a society to monotheism (one god).

Was he adopted like Moses? - His father originally had 2 sons by his 1st wife, and it is unsure if he was 'adopted' or conceived by Amenhotep iii. It is common that they said all heirs were immaculate conceptions by the gods, but it also opens the possibility that he was adopted as Moses was.

After instruction from the '1 true god' he moved his people to a new city. The archaeology of Amarna shows they struggled badly in this relocation period and there was malaria infestation, drought and flooding.

Anyway, not sure I agree, but worth considering if someone is desperate to find a "Moses' In Ancient Egypt.
edit on 8-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Very interesting... but theres one issue... theres no mention of the Hebrews, or more specifically Israel...

It does mention slaves that ran off with the wealth of Egypt.

Exodus

12:35-36 ...and they requested from the Egyptians, silver and gold articles and clothing. And God made the Egyptians favour them and they granted their request. [The Israelites] thus drained Egypt of its wealth.

Egyptian parallel
3:2 Gold and lapis lazuli, silver and malachite, carnelian and bronze... are fastened on the neck of female slaves.

I have no doubt more and more evidence will accumulate as the years go by though. The Hittites used to be considered myth. So did king david all of which have archaeological evidence supporting there existence now.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Wasn't Moses Anunrakans Brother?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Proving events happened for the bible doesn't prove god. Biblical history is a wonderful source to look into a VERY SMALL tribes cultural history.

Using the word proof when referring to historical claims is silly, imo. The best you can do is look at the evidence at hand and make an educated opinion on what most likely happened. It has nothing to do with proving God. I just thought it was interesting that two sources seem to record the plagues.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Clutch that straw tightly! This is the sort of thing that convinces me that believers don't, deep down, really believe. If they did, they wouldn't grasp the flimsiest straw in an attempt to convince themselves that Biblical myths are fact. Oh, look, here in this Egyptian papyrus sandals are mentioned. Jesus wore sandals. That proves that Jesus existed. LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Akhenaton made a cult to worship the Sun god...

Aton en.wikipedia.org...

www.britannica.com...

plenty of sun gods around...

edit on 8-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Clutch that straw tightly! This is the sort of thing that convinces me that believers don't, deep down, really believe. If they did, they wouldn't grasp the flimsiest straw in an attempt to convince themselves that Biblical myths are fact

Its this sort of thing that makes me think you didn't even look at the papyrus.

Oh, look, here in this Egyptian papyrus sandals are mentioned. Jesus wore sandals. That proves that Jesus existed. LOL

I don't think there is a historian alive minus richard carrier who believes Jesus of Nazareth wasn't a real person. When people say that I pretty much assume they have no idea how to good history is done.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Very interesting... but theres one issue...

theres no mention of the Hebrews, or more specifically Israel...

As it stands we know of only a single hieroglyphic inscription that mentions Israel...

Good stuff though...

The Hiburu/Niburu were not enslaved by the Egyptians. They were welcomed guests; any concoction of an "enslaved" (issue) peoples is not true. The Egyptians were a Sirian 6th dimensional people; wealthy, benevolent. There were no slaves, everyone was paid a wage. The Hiburu overstepped their welcome when they stole Egyptian mystery school sacred knowledge HAD TO RUN FOR IT; and later claimed it as their own knowledge (creation) and misused it. They took the law of Khem for themselves.
edit on 8-3-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

yes... I call this

Nuhistory

it's for the faint of heart...

edit on 8-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join