It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True&Better: Timeframe.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

How could you believe Jesus rose from the dead before ever believing the bible is infallible? LOL, that makes no sense. Jesus rising from the dead is the most fallible thing in the bible so that seems bass-ackwards.

Children are indoctrinated into believing Jesus rose from the dead and that the bible is infallible, to deny that is to deny reality. Why are people indoctrinated into believing the same things you do? If it's the truth, no indoctrination would be required, yet it is the norm in Christianity.

Don't deny reality servant. Christianity is an institution that thrives on child indoctrination, as is pretty much every other religion. People used to actually believe Zeus existed, like really existed. Why? Indoctrination. No different with Christianity and its myths.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

A person that most likely rose from the dead.

No.
A person, who died.
Or alternatively, ALMOST died, and was secreted away by his fans and spent the rest of his life in India/Kashmir. Known as Issa - there is a tomb there.

Rose from the dead? No, sorry. I buy the 'swoon' theory if he even existed and was 'crucified.'

But 'resurrection' a la The Bible? No. Nope!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Yes messiah means anointed, however the word when used in the English language in the context of Jesus refers to the hebrew phrase "Ha-Mashiach". The Anointed One. Jesus claims to be the Messiah and also the Son of Man which is a reference to Daniel. It is also the title Jesus uses most when referring to himself. You have fallen for the lie in the garden friend. I hope you see that before its to late.

. I hope you make it home and wish you good luck on your journey.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Servant,

do you know this title:

"The Once and Future King" ????

Who does that belong to? Do you know?
Fabled heroes, all going to return some day. *rolls eyes* The man who is known as The Once and Future King "didn't die" either - he went on the barge with the Lady of the Lake to Avalon, where he remains to this day - but alive, and will return.

A Celtic legend.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

How could you believe Jesus rose from the dead before ever believing the bible is infallible?

Well you really didn't even try to think about this did you? You can approach the 66 books of the Bible as documents from antiquity. You can come to the conclusion from examining them in that light that the best explanation for the historical evidence available is Jesus rose from the dead. If Jesus rose from the dead then the Bible is most likely the word of God and therefore infallible.

Why are people indoctrinated into believing the same things you do? If

Are people also indoctrinated into believing that gravity exist or that the earth is roung? No its just a fact of reality, but guess what. Those are all things I was taught as a child. So is that indoctrination to?? YHWH created you and loves you. Fact of reality whether you want to believe it or not.

Don't deny reality servant. Christianity is an institution that thrives on child indoctrination, as is pretty much every other religion.

Yea accept the Christian Scripture teach people to ask questions and look for evidence. It encourages criticism. This is the consequence of your cherry picking. Lack of true biblical teachings. Go read. Go learn. You know nothing.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Jesus of Nazareth was a historical person.

Possibly. A person. Just a person.

Like King Arthur - he was a real person, too. With lots of myths having developed around him. VERY similar.

So was Buddha, Nanak and Rumi.
. Still they where probably blessed ones when you look at what they are teaching.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

edit on 7-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: windword

And this comment tells me you most likely ignore literary style when it comes to examine ancient documents.

Using your logic, I could assume that Hercules was an historic figure as well.

Jesus Christ, the character from the Bible, like Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham and Sarah, Job, Jonah, etc, only ever existed as archetypes in the human psyche.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

of course they were. No argument from me.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The Once and Future King "didn't die" either - he went on the barge with the Lady of the Lake to Avalon, where he remains to this day - but alive, and will return.

This idea was came about in the 12th century guy...

wiki:

The possibility of Arthur's return is first mentioned by William of Malmesbury in the early 12th century: "But Arthur’s grave is nowhere seen, whence antiquity of fables still claims that he will return."[1] In the "Miracles of St. Mary of Laon" (De Miraculis Sanctae Mariae Laudensis), written by a French cleric named Herman in c. 1145 AD, but referring to events that occurred in 1113 AD, mention is made of the Breton and Cornish belief that Arthur still lived.[2] As Constance Bullock-Davies demonstrated, various non-Welsh sources indicate that this belief in Arthur's eventual messianic return was extremely widespread amongst the Britons from the 12th century onwards. How much earlier than this it existed is still debated – it was often linked to the expulsion of the English and Normans from Britain

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yet people deny the existence of dinosaurs based on them not being mentioned in the bible, either that or they say "the behemoth" in Job was a dinosaur and thus man walked with dinosaurs. LOL! This is the kind of insanity that religious indoctrination leads to, denial of reality for fantasy.

Gravity existing can be proven, the Earth being round can be proven, the Earth rotating around the sun can be proven, Earth being more than 6,000 years old can be proven, a guy rising from the dead after rotting in a cave for 3 days cannot be proven. There is a huge difference servant.

You believe in the same thing that billions of children have been indoctrinated into believing. They did not understand one bit of the bible and never read it yet they believe it is infallible. How can you believe something is infallible when you've never even read it to make your own conclusion? Usually when there's a threat of eternal torture attached to it. People act irrationally when their lives are threatened, believing in fairy tales is a symptom of being threatened with torture.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You can approach the 66 books of the Bible as documents from antiquity. You can come to the conclusion from examining them in that light that the best explanation for the historical evidence available is Jesus rose from the dead. If Jesus rose from the dead then the Bible is most likely the word of God and therefore infallible.

Wait....

weren't you just mentioning the "literary" qualities of ancient stories that must be understood?

Let me guess, you never studied Literature Appreciation or Creative Writing. Is that right?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Using your logic, I could assume that Hercules was an historic figure as well.

No you couldn't and if you had read the quoted section and understood what I meant you would see that you just proved my point.....you ignore the literary style of the documents your examining...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

And the idea of Jesus returning came about in the first century.

There is just as much evidence to support King Arthur's return as their is for Jesus' return.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm not a 'guy', and you are pathetically misinformed and indoctrinated (apparently - from your post history).
Really.

It's not so scary as you think to let go of fairy tales and legends - and face the world for what it is.
And by the way, "spirituality" and an "afterlife" are perfectly acceptable for non-Christians.

edit on 3/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Just cause Jesus body was dead do not mean he cannot communicate with his apostles that where connected to him.

But that would probably be by definition a bad spirit from "ServantOfTheLamb" view. Everything on the other side of the veil that comes thru, in one way or another that do not collaborate the Christian Doctrine is evil to some souls, even if you can see by the fruits that it is symbiotic and is trying to help.

I can do healing with hands as long as I say it is from Jesus. But when doing the same thing saying it is Reiki it becomes witchcraft.
. Funny how I need a certain label for it to be good. Talk about marketing. You need to wear those Jesus Jeans or it is devil Jeans. Only one product is the real thing. Except no other brands even if the are better quality.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Oh but you will only get the bad side of the afterlife HELL!!!.
You will burn burn burn unless you accept Jesus....This is god speaking and I use blackmail all the time.

Oops was possessed for a mo...carry on.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

As Constance Bullock-Davies demonstrated, various non-Welsh sources indicate that this belief in Arthur's eventual messianic return was extremely widespread amongst the Britons from the 12th century onwards. How much earlier than this it existed is still debated – it was often linked to the expulsion of the English and Normans from Britain

Did you not notice this part??? From your quiki-wiki lookup?

It's a classic formula. It's literature.

edit on 3/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yet people deny the existence of dinosaurs based on them not being mentioned in the bible, either that or they say "the behemoth" in Job was a dinosaur and thus man walked with dinosaurs. LOL! This is the kind of insanity that religious indoctrination leads to, denial of reality for fantasy.

You do realize modern human foot prints have been discovered right along side dinosaur foot prints right? Reference Micahel Cremo's Forbbiden archaeology.

Cave paintings of dinosaurs and mammoths fighting have been discovered...

There is evidence that we were around when dinosaurs were around. The African spheres are obviously man made and date back billions of years.

Gravity existing can be proven, the Earth being round can be proven, the Earth rotating around the sun can be proven, Earth being more than 6,000 years old can be proven, a guy rising from the dead after rotting in a cave for 3 days cannot be proven. There is a huge difference servant.

Your right the difference is that in order to determine scientific findings we use scientific data. In order to determine historical findings we use historical data. You completely ignored my point. If the Christian religion is true, its not indoctrination. It is simply the teaching of truth.

How can you believe something is infallible when you've never even read it to make your own conclusion?

This isn't the only wrong assumption about me your post has implied. I suggest you quit acting as though you know what I have and have not done. You want to act like I have never read the Bible, but you always run away whenever I start to cross examine your BS interpretations of the Scriptures.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Oh but you will only get the bad side of the afterlife HELL!!!.
You will burn burn burn unless you accept Jesus....This is god speaking and I use blackmail all the time.

Oops was possessed for a mo...carry on.

And I say a blessed one would protect someone who follows and behaves according to the blessed ones teaching even if that someone did not utter the "right name". As following in spirit proving that someone is a sheep.

Funny how even the pope cannot lie about it anymore:
Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You just requoted what I said and didn't make a point at all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join