It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True&Better: Timeframe.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And the idea of Jesus returning came about in the first century. There is just as much evidence to support King Arthur's return as their is for Jesus' return.

Are you just ignorant of history? Jesus lived in the first century. King Arthur, if he lived at all, lived around the 6th century. A good 600 years before the idea of his return . Glad all the new agers got upset and came to derail this thread because it points to the true and living God.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

The point is that Jesus's story is not IN ANY WAY unique.
Arthur - like Jesus - was believed to be a messianic figure, who never died, and will come back.

Sorry, forgot your inability to extrapolate meanings.

Arthur was a real person who lived in the 7th century. Legend has it that he will return - just like Jesus.

Let me ask you - have you EVER studied the legends of King Arthur? They're far more entertaining than the Bible, by the way.

edit on 3/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

There's no "literary" difference between the stories in the Bible and the stories in Homer's Odyssey and Iliad.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Glad all the new agers got upset and came to derail this thread because it points to the true and living God.

The thread is lame proselytizing, and I even tried to watch your video - but after 14 seconds (literally), I couldn't stand it anymore.

Too much "Jesus". Too much misinterpreted fiction. Sorry. I'm done now - you can re-rail your thread with your believer-friends. You won't ever convince me. I'm way past that point of no return.

(hehe - get it?)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

And the idea of Jesus returning came about in the first century. There is just as much evidence to support King Arthur's return as their is for Jesus' return.

Are you just ignorant of history? Jesus lived in the first century. King Arthur, if he lived at all, lived around the 6th century. A good 600 years before the idea of his return . Glad all the new agers got upset and came to derail this thread because it points to the true and living God.

By saying there is just as much evidence to support the return of King Arthur as there is to support the return of Jesus, he's saying there is exactly zero evidence suggesting the return of Jesus.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You, like enlightened, don't seem to see that your widespread belief only has evidence of being widespread in the 12th century. Why didn't you finish making that part bold? Oh because it shows that the idea came about 600 years after Arthur. Jesus lived in the same century as the people who believed he came back from the dead you moron.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The stories of Jesus are told by people who NEVER MET HIM, who were elaborating on the legend, and they don't even agree with each other. NONE of the Bible is written by people who ACTUALLY knew Jesus.

EDIT:
Wait -
did you just call me a "moron"?

LOL!!!!!!

edit on 3/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

There's no "literary" difference between the stories in the Bible and the stories in Homer's Odyssey and Iliad.

Homer's Iliad is epic poetry....Luke Matthew, Mark, and John are all written in historical narrative. Oh and since your so educated on the subject I am sure you already know that historical fiction as a literary style didn't exist in the 1st century....

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Too much "Jesus". Too much misinterpreted fiction.

OH please explain how its misinterpreted. Again overly broad statement. logically fallacious.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

historical fiction as a literary style didn't exist in the 1st century....

WHAT?!!!

wow, you're on a roll - ever read the Iliad? The Odyssey? The Greek tragedies?

wow.
sos. From you.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The stories of Jesus are told by people who NEVER MET HIM, who were elaborating on the legend, and they don't even agree with each other. NONE of the Bible is written by people who ACTUALLY knew Jesus.

You already think you know everything so why should I bother trying to show you your wrong. Your minds made up. You are close minded. I am open to hearing rebuttals against the Bible, why don't we examine your world view and see if its more rational than mine?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yes and its quite clear the Iliad is epic poetry, not historical fiction. Same goes for the Odyssey. You obviously don't know how to determine the genre of a literary work.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The human footprints beside dinosaur footprints have been determined to be hoaxes. Dinosaurs did not walk with man, the idea is absurd. If dinosaur fossils have survived millions of years, why is the oldest human fossil found to only be a little over a million years old? Where are the human skeletons dating back 60+ million years. Modern humans are just that, modern. We evolved from "less modern" ancestors such as homo erectus, so "modern" human footprints being beside "ancient" dinosaur footprints is ridiculous and contradictory in its nature.

Some of the tracks were fake, carved by locals to sell during the Great Depression.[3] These footprints do not represent the way human footprints would look in mud; they also do not accurately reflect the changes in the way giant humans would walk as a result of their size.[6] Other footprints were genuine tracks, but showed features inconsistent with human footprints.[who?] Supporters of the human footprint theory claimed that the tracks showed authentic mud “push-ups” and that the time period for the human and dinosaur trackways had to be the same as the trails intersected. In 1986, Glen Kuban conducted research on the trackways. He found that most tracks formed a wide “V” at the end and showed grooves in places that were not consistent with those in a human footprint. Kuban determined that the tracks were made by bipedal dinosaurs with three toes. These particular tracks showed the dinosaur walking on the soles of its feet rather than on its toes, as is usually found in tracks.[7] Evidence based in human anatomy also refutes the claim that the footprints are of human origin. The foot length measurements were used to calculate approximate heights of the humans; the pace and stride lengths do not match these calculated heights, making it highly unlikely that the tracks are human in origin. The measurements do fit the known values for bipedal dinosaurs.[6]

As for the mammoth fighting a dinosaur, you mean this one?

Where is the dinosaur? Early humans walked with mammoths but not dinosaurs.

By the way, you assume I was speaking of you. I was actually speaking of the billions of children who have been indoctrinated into believing something that cannot be proven before ever reading the bible for themselves. I never said you were one of them, though if you have believed all your life then I would assume you are... if that's the case.

Like I said, gravity can be proven, a man rising from the dead and defying the laws of nature and physics cannot be proven. There is a huge difference between scientific teachings and religious ones. People used to believe Dionysus actually existed and rose from the dead. If they could be indoctrinated into believing a pagan god who rose from the dead actually existed, what makes you think they haven't done the same to those children or you?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You already think you know everything so why should I bother trying to show you your wrong.

Nope, I know some things. I don't know everything. NOBODY knows EVERYTHING.

Your minds made up.

About Jesus? Yep.

You are close minded.

Nope! I'm educated.

I am open to hearing rebuttals against the Bible,

LOLOLOL!!!! No - no, you're clearly not.
You just called me a moron, and it seems you feel you are backed into a corner.....
I'm going to leave you alone now to lick your wounds.

I already told you you'd never convince me. The Bible is bunk. Jesus is not "coming back." And if by some extraordinarily unexpected chance he does, I will apologize to him, set up a personal appointment to ask him questions - and tell him that I want to apologize to you, too.

But don't hold your breath.

Breathing - in and out - mindfully - is a much better way to live life than relying on some fictitious super-hero to make everything all better.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So long as you know that He will still forgive you during the 7 years on earth I am cool with that.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I have no doubt that my soul is doing just fine.
Thanks -

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

He sure has let a lot of wars and bloodshed happen ever since he left last time. Did he want people to suffer agonizing deaths before he came back to save the vast minority in "our time"? You know, the time that has been said is coming for 2,000 years now?

Why didn't he finish the job when he was here the first time? Why the waiting game? His incompetence has resulted in countless wars and countless agonizing and excruciating deaths, at the hands of his "servants" no less. Why the long con?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I didn't go into specifics because I didn't create this thread to discuss evolution. Not the foot prints I am talking about and not the paintings I was talking about.

, what makes you think they haven't done the same to those children or you?

I seldom went to Church growing up and when I did it was to see girls not to learn. Everything I know about the Bible I taught myself through personal research.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

That condescending BS they speak gets my goat up.
"Don't worry Jesus still loves you"
BS F off you brainwashed nut.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Those are the only "man" footprints that are located beside dinosaur footprints. Is there a case that only you know of? What are you waiting for! Tell us where these other footprints are! It could change history, that's if they aren't hoaxes and misinterpreted like the others.

Everything you know about the bible has led you to the same exact conclusion as those children who were indoctrinated. You believe in a place like hell, so did those children when they decided to believe in something they didn't understand. In fact, that belief in hell is what MADE them believe in something they had no understanding of.

Men are very crafty, they have fooled people into believing in fairy tales for thousands of years now, Jesus is just one of the newer ones.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join