It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True&Better: Timeframe.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I posted this video a while back, but I wanted to draw the parallels. Some may be more specific than others. THe dates are when the books were written.

Adam: Genesis 3 (1440-1400 B.C.) Jesus: Matthew 4 (50 AD)
Abel: Genesis 4 (1440-1400 B.C.) Jesus: Gospels (50-95 AD)
Abraham and Issac: Genesis 22 (1440-1400 B.C.) Jesus: Gospels (50-95 AD)
Jacob: Genesis 32 (1440-1400 B.C.) Jesus: Gospels (50-95 AD)
Joseph: Genesis 50 (1440-1400 B.C) Jesus: Gospels (50-95 AD)
Moses: Exodus 34(1440-1400 B.C.) Jesus: Gospels (50-95 AD)
Rock of Moses: Numbers 20(1440-1400 B.C.) Jesus: Gospels (50-95 AD)
Job: Date unknown considered one of the oldest books Jesus: Gospels (50-95 AD)

So I want to go ahead and point out the skeptics date these OT books to the 5th and 6th century BCE. Regardless that is still 600-500 years before Christ. Ancient Jews viewed prophecy as a repeating pattern that occurred. Can you see how God was screaming Jesus is the Messiah? Every page points to Christ. The bible isn't about us. Its about what God's done for us. God loves you all.

edit on 6-3-2015 by ServantOfTheLamb because: typo

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Now that's what you call "unconditional love"!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is exactly why I troll your threads. You obviously don't follow anything the Bible says. You just cherry pick verses, and try and sell your religion to people. Your doing the same thing as Marshall Applewhite when he was getting Heaven's gate off the ground....cult tactics. Wolf in sheeps clothing.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Messiah means anointed. Christos is the same in Greek. Just because the bible say there is only one do not mean god agrees.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Not trolling just pointing out the obvious.

The gospels cherry picked OT verses to support Jesus being the Messiah, some when read in context weren't talking about Jesus at all, but Christians accept it as true anyways. Why the double standard?

You said God loves all of us, if that were so he wouldn't send billions to hell for eternity. You don't torture people you love.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Yes messiah means anointed, however the word when used in the English language in the context of Jesus refers to the hebrew phrase "Ha-Mashiach". The Anointed One. Jesus claims to be the Messiah and also the Son of Man which is a reference to Daniel. It is also the title Jesus uses most when referring to himself. You have fallen for the lie in the garden friend. I hope you see that before its to late.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

The gospels cherry picked OT verses to support Jesus being the Messiah, some when read in context weren't talking about Jesus at all, but Christians accept it as true anyways. Why the double standard?

There is no double standard. Go watch the two minute clip which gives at least 10 references to Jesus. I didn't put all of them up. There is no cherry picking when it comes to good interpretation of the Bible. The Bible interprets itself if you let it. You like to try and come up with ideas that sound good to you rather than reading the text for what it says.

You said God loves all of us, if that were so he wouldn't send billions to hell for eternity. You don't torture people you love.

God doesn't send you to hell. You choose it. Especially someone like you who spends all their time distorting the Bible rather than trying to understand it. You deny him and constantly belittle his work on the cross. Second people don't understand that God isn't torturing people in hell. Hell is separation from God. God is the very essence of Good and the source of life. Hell is a separation from that. That is why it is agonizing, but you reject him. He cannot force you into his presence.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
God doesn't send you to hell. You choose it.

Imagine if you will a courtroom scene where a man is on trial for murder. He claims not guilty. His defense claims that the alleged murder victim's death was the result of a suicide. As evidence of this, they offer up surveillance footage of the scene of the crime. The footage shows our defendant aiming a gun at the victim's head and demanding his wallet and any other valuables. He makes it clear that if he chooses not to comply, he will be shot and killed. Still, the victim stands his ground, and refuses to give into the demands. So, our defendant shoots and kills him. It is a cut and dry case of suicide. The alleged victim was given a clear choice. The victim had the free will to either obey the defendant and live, or disobey and die. He chose to disobey. The defendant did not murder the alleged victim, the alleged victim chose to die.

Here is that concept animated.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The Christian God and others which threaten any punishment for not following him is just a blackmailer.
How many commandments have he broken himself.
I call you out Christian God...you hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Now that's what you call "unconditional love"!

Any being that uses the threat of eternal pain and suffering as the "stick" deserves nothing but utter contempt.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

'Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Can you see how God was screaming Jesus is the Messiah? Every page points to Christ.

I see it differently. I see every character, every story, poem, prophecy and hope/threat as allegory for the human condition and the Bible's "plot" as a map of the soul's journey through and its exploration of "father's kingdom".

Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham and Sarah, Moses, Jonah, Jesus Christ, etc, are all archetypes and only ever existed within the human psyche.

Let them with ears, hear, those with eyes, see.
edit on 7-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The bible does not interpret itself, if that were the case there would be only one denomination of Christianity. All denominations say "the bible interprets itself", and all believe THEIR interpretation is the one that the bible interprets for them. That's a total cop out, only we interpret the bible. Pieces of paper do not interpret anything, they're not alive.

The majority of Christians were told to believe the bible was infallible before they EVER got a chance to read it, and they did! That's called indoctrination, once they actually do read it for themselves their mind is already made up, they were told to believe it was infallible or they'd be sent to hell so they believe it without question. The contradictions they may see? Pushed to the back of the mind and excuses made for them, all because if they don't make those excuses and ignore the contradiction they believe they'll be sent to hell for eternity.

I know how it works, I was one of those kids at one point. Luckily I broke free from the bondage hell had over me.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Why imagine something that has no real parallel to what we were talking about. The better scenario would be lets pretend the courtroom scene has already passed the death sentence for a man who killed 25 innocent civilians in a shooting. The people offered this man forgiveness and told him they would let him live. The man rejects their Mercy and Accepts the punishments of the Law. Death. You don't deserve heaven and neither do I. Its your sin that makes you think otherwise.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham and Sarah, Moses, Jonah, Jesus Christ, etc, are all archetypes and only ever existed within the human psyche.

Jesus of Nazareth was a historical person. No respected historian would say otherwise.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Jesus of Nazareth was a historical person.

Possibly. A person. Just a person.

Like King Arthur - he was a real person, too. With lots of myths having developed around him. VERY similar.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Jesus of Nazareth was a historical person.

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. My post referred to the archetypal character of Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The bible does not interpret itself, if that were the case there would be only one denomination of Christianity. All denominations say "the bible interprets itself", and all believe THEIR interpretation is the one that the bible interprets for them.

This is an argument that is presented most by LDS members. All denomination would agree with everything I have said with a few exceptions. However, I have attended Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, and nondenominational Churches. They all teach the same doctrine. They may differ on modes of water baptism, but they all believe that the Church isn't just their building but the body of believers. Again there are obviously going to be some exceptions as there always are ignorant people in the world. The Bible does interpret itself. You asked me a question on another thread about why Jesus said My God my God why have you forsaken me. Had you known to let the Bible interpret itself you would have known Jesus was quoting Psalm 22. Your ignorance blinds you and leads you down a dangerous path.

The majority of Christians were told to believe the bible was infallible before they EVER got a chance to read it, and they did!

I believed Jesus rose from the dead before I believed the Bible was infallible. This is also a argumentum ad populum.

That's called indoctrination, once they actually do read it for themselves their mind is already made up, they were told to believe it was infallible or they'd be sent to hell so they believe it without question.

This is called a fundamental attribution error in psychology. You've attributed peoples beliefs to something about their personality rather than their own personal situation. Everything you have said so far is logically fallacious

The contradictions they may see? Pushed to the back of the mind and excuses made for them, all because if they don't make those excuses and ignore the contradiction they believe they'll be sent to hell for eternity.

There are no contradictions. You see we have one thread with you pretending you believe whats said in the Bible when it fits your agenda. Then when it doesn't its just not inspired.

I know how it works, I was one of those kids at one point. Luckily I broke free from the bondage hell had over me.

Oh so all of us are indoctrinated and your the exception to the majority. Your just silly man.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Possibly. A person. Just a person.

A person that most likely rose from the dead.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

And this comment tells me you most likely ignore literary style when it comes to examine ancient documents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join