It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs scientific advancement.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

From Mein Kampf.

"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.

www.nobeliefs.com...

From a speech.

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.
edit on 7-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dewts

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Entreri06

Yea, he also was the first to cause true reform and steer Europe away from the dark ages but then the viking started invading.

The Vikings weren't the ones burning christians at the stake for figuring out scientific theories.. That would be the Christian church. The church has killed a "who's ,who" of awsome scientists... No other religion has....

yep alot of christians were scientists, but this persistent belief that christians are anti-science is blamed on every christian today. christians, if they are against science, it's usually for logical reasons, like abortion resulting in minority communities literally genociding themselves.

To be a Christian you MUST be anti-science. Science does not allow for turning water into wine (just one of hundreds of examples).
And do you really think most christians are anti-abortion because because it means minority communities are commit self genocide? Really? Every christian, without exception, that I've talked to is anti-abortion because they believe the fetus has a soul and it's murder. They also believe this goes for zygotes and are against stem cell research, yet more ant-science thought.

Did you watch the video I posted on page 2
obviously not
this video, if you had the manly parts to watch it in it's entirety
prove you absolutely wrong
about Christians being anti-science, but I don't think
you have what it takes to watch 37 minutes of
something that proves you wrong.

I don't know who you are talking to but for sure and certain, not all Christians are opposed to abortion, read my earlier posts. Even if they are, so what? It is legal and anyone can have an abortion regardless of what other people think about it. That is a total non-issue these days, and it will never be repealed. Making this a moot argument and an unintelligent thing to argue about any more.

Your bigotry and narrow minded idea of Christians is astounding. In my church are about 2000+ rocket scientists and engineers, at least 50 Physicians, and about 50% hold scientific PhD's. I am not exaggerating or lying. The town I live in has more PhD hard scientists than any other medium size town in the USA. Also our church has over 4000 members. I am probably guesstimating the number of scientists and engineers on the low side. I dare you to come stand up in our congregations and make your prejudiced, bigoted and hate mongering statements on the intelligence and scientific awareness of Christians.

edit on 3Sat, 07 Mar 2015 15:11:39 -0600pm30703pmk076 by grandmakdw because: correction

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: grandmakdw

Hitler was a Christian...

Did he crusade around in the name of Christianity?

lets see...

In adulthood Hitler became disdainful of Christianity

en.wikipedia.org...

nope

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Christianity vs scientific advancement.

all the new martyrs were Christian Catholic, whose martyrdom established these said sciences.

en.wikipedia.org...

/thread closed

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

From Mein Kampf.

"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.

www.nobeliefs.com...

From a speech.

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.

I believe the poster before me said it all about Hitler.

How about Stalin and Mao, any good religious quotes from them before
they murdered thousands upon thousands
of their "intelligentsia" to purify the correct thinking in their countries?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Fair enough, you got me on this one.

Though it is fair to say he also made plenty of anti-Christian statements. Though I think more in terms of organized Christianity. I could be wrong. Either way the guy had multiple skewed perspectives.

Kershaw wrote that few people could really claim to "know" Hitler, who was "a very private, even secretive individual".[31] Hitler's Table Talk has him often voicing stridently negative views of Christianity. Bullock wrote that Hitler was a rationalist and materialist who saw Christianity as a religion "fit for slaves" and against the natural law of selection and survival of the fittest.[32] Toland, while noting Hitler's antagonism to the Pope and Church hierarchy, drew links between Hitler's Catholic background and his anti-Semitism.[33] Following meetings with Hitler, General Gerhard Engel and Cardinal Michael von Faulhaber wrote that Hitler was a believer. Kershaw cites Faulhaber's case as an example of Hitler's ability to deceive "even hardened critics". Steigmann-Gall saw a "Christian element" in Hitler's early writings and evidence that he continued to hold Jesus in high esteem as an "Aryan fighter" who struggled against Jewry.[34][35] Use of the term "positive Christianity" in the Nazi Party Program of the 1920s is commonly regarded as a tactical measure, but Steigmann-Gall believes it may have had an "inner logic" and been "more than a political ploy", though he notes that over time the Nazi movement became "increasingly hostile to the churches".[36] John S. Conway considered that Steigmann-Gall's analysis differed from earlier interpretations only by "degree and timing", but that if Hitler's early speeches evidenced a sincere appreciation of Christianity, "this Nazi Christianity was eviscerated of all the most essential orthodox dogmas" leaving only "the vaguest impression combined with anti-Jewish prejudice..." which few would recognize as "true Christianity".[37] Laurence Rees concludes that "Hitler's relationship in public to Christianity - indeed his relationship to religion in general - was opportunistic. There is no evidence that Hitler himself, in his personal life, ever expressed any individual belief in the basic tenets of the Christian church".[19]

I would have to say now, he was a Christian but had his own interpretation of what that meant. The usual thing Christians do so it is not unusual. Unfortunately for the world he was one that let his views lead him to do terrible things.
edit on 3-7-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Nope they were atheists but I sure wouldn't say Hitler, Stalin or Mao killed all those people because they were religious or atheist I would just say the were nasty bastards.

Okay what about slavery? the Bible thinks that is fine also...is it?.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yup the more people that see through the lie of religion the better.
God doesn't need a religion why do we?.

So you can preach and try and convert people to anti-theism

but if someone else preaches or tries to convert, it is a proverbial "off with their heads"

in your mind?

You have just invalidated all of your stances by basically saying it is ok for you to preach and convert people to your way of thinking (because you think your way is the only right way to think)
but it is not ok for anyone else to try and convince others of the validity of their way of thinking.
Hypocrisy of the anti-theist
at it's finest.
And showing the true colors
of arrogant bigotry and prejudice
of the anti-theist

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Nope they were atheists but I sure wouldn't say Hitler, Stalin or Mao killed all those people because they were religious or atheist I would just say the were nasty bastards.

Okay what about slavery? the Bible thinks that is fine also...is it?.

You know what? I can tell you are a youngin in search of what you really believe in.

Your questions and arguments are extremely baiting and I won't play with the "boy"
anymore.

Until you come to a realization that your way of thinking is not the only right way of thinking
and everyone else in the world must be converted to your way of thinking.
Well there is no rational way to discuss this with you.
I assume you are under 25, because it is not until age 25 that the human brain is fully developed and can engage in truly rational thought.

Bye bye, won't be back or comment anymore in this thread, said all I am going to say.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Cheerio then...I did have a long response to you but no point now.
Oh and yup religion is anti god.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dewts

To be a Christian you MUST be anti-science.

Why such a dishonest comment ? Why ?

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

roar?

no no. meow.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76

Peace

who knows the reason. it reminds me a bit of when our "secular" government goes to war for "secular" reasons and it's blamed on little old ladies sitting in church pews, praying for their nephew's broken arm to be repaired soon. lol

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Peace

Dishonest? Is resurrection by magic consistent with science? Is virgin birth by magic consistent with science? Is walking on water by magic consistent with science? Please tell me when to stop.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Dishonest?

Yes dishonest. When you saying :

Is resurrection by magic consistent with science? Is virgin birth by magic consistent with science? Is walking on water by magic consistent with science?

What my personal belief on Jesus, has to do with actual Science ? Seriously, i am failing to see the connection. Help me out here...

Please tell me when to stop.

Stop

Peace
edit on 7-3-2015 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2015 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2015 by Seed76 because: minor corrections

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Dishonest?

Yes dishonest. When you saying :

Is resurrection by magic consistent with science? Is virgin birth by magic consistent with science? Is walking on water by magic consistent with science?

What my personal belief on Jesus, has to do with actual Science ? Seriously, i am failing to see the connection. Help me out here...

Please tell me when to stop.

Stop

Peace

I can't figure out why this is a problem for you. I'll boil it down as best as I can. To be a Christian you have to believe that there is such a thing as god magic, jesus performed sorcerous acts with his god magic. Magic is anti-science. Christians believe in god magic, that makes them anti-science.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

what is unscientific about healing, cloning, changing the chemical composition of a liquid, defying gravity, floating/flying in the sky, artificial insemination and so on?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

what is unscientific about healing, cloning, changing the chemical composition of a liquid, defying gravity, floating/flying in the sky, artificial insemination and so on?

Magic. That is what is unscientific. Also alchemy doesn't work. The bible tells us those things happened via magic.
If you are making the argument that these things happened and they are the product of technology that's something different altogether. Of course there is still no evidence for that either.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Magic. That is what is unscientific. Also alchemy doesn't work. The bible tells us those things happened via magic.
If you are making the argument that these things happened and they are the product of technology that's something different altogether. Of course there is still no evidence for that either.

a "miracle" is by God's grace.

"magic" is something a magician performs or is man made.

modern medical techniques can appear as magic but are actually science.

hence... the miracle of science.

edit on 7-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

it says it was miraculous not magic. but if it's explainable with science, then it isn't impossible. chemically changing a liquid isn't impossible. in fact, as long as you have enough electrons, neutrons and protons, you can make pretty much anything with science. did i say he turned ice tea into gold? well no, he made grape juice from water.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join