It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs scientific advancement.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

yep, 2 different gods. ever read sumerian texts?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

And this means Adam is also responsible for Eve..and they both paid the price for what they had done...for they are both one...of one flesh. Those two in particular.

Pity they didnt eat of the tree of Life and have everlasting life...oh wait they did...wasnt their descendant Methusaleh the longest living human...969 years

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

actually, the god that owns the planet , like a piece of galactic real estate, demanded human sacrifices/animal sacrifices or else (and i don't know exactly what the "or else" consisted of). he was not the guy who cloned/made us in the image of the elohim. so he's not the creator. he's smushed into the old testament texts along with the creator. these are 2 different gods. jesus was the creator, but he is not the god who owns the place. the creator (jesus) made a deal with the guy who owns the planet, and as part of his end of the bargain, the planet's owner basically said "well since you claim to love humans so much, i challenge you to die for them" (ya know, just like atheists tell us today - if you love people so much, act like jesus and let us torture you to death, etc" (no thanks pal. once was quite enough.) and by claiming this gift, is supposedly how we bypass the owner of the planet's "or else" plan. whatever that is. since he's not a very nice "elohim" , i'm pretty sure it's not good.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

The last time "the church" killed people was well well, over a thousand years ago.

American ignorance at its finest.
www-personal.usyd.edu.au...
The 'stolen generations' and cultural genocide: the forced removal of Australian Indigenous children from their families and its implications for the sociology of childhood(1)

Robert van Krieken
University of Sydney

From around the turn of twentieth century up to the 1970s, Australian government authorities assumed legal guardianship of all Indigenous children and removed large numbers of them from their families in order to 'assimilate' them into European society and culture. This policy has been described as 'cultural genocide', even though at the time it was presented by state and church authorities as being 'in the best interests' of Aboriginal children. This paper will outline the results of a study of the development of the policy of forced child removal, its antecedents, its surrounding philosophy and politics, and the emergence of a more critical understanding of it in recent years, as well as examining the more general implications of this history for the sociology of childhood.

They were slaughtering aboriginals even till the 20th century.

en.wikipedia.org...

In November 2006 Tasmania became the first Australian state or territory to offer financial compensation for the Stolen Generations, Aboriginal people forcibly removed from their families by Australian government agencies and church missions between about 1900 and 1972. Up to 40 Aboriginal Tasmanians' descendants are expected to be eligible for compensation from the $5 million package

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

that happens everywhere now. americans lose their children to the state, so do europeans, quite regularly, and for the same reasons: its a money making program like the jail system.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The town I live in has more PhD hard scientists

if you had the manly parts

So much sexual innuendo...are you sexually retarded?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
d/p deleted
edit on 7-3-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

No, they happened via psychic ability

Interesting, you got me thinking.
So did Jesus actually turn water into wine at the marriage ceremony at Cana or did he practise diabolical arts such as mind control to give the party goers the illusion that the water they were drinking was to their minds wine?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

paul was a man of his time

? What the usurpur of James and Jesus message? The one who had an unwitnessed hallucination on the road to Damascus. The fifth columnist who ensured Christianity is the Old Roman Empire in perpetuity

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: orangetom1999

This too is an indicator today that Islam is not the same god as the God of Christianity.

You need some serious work Boy Monkey.

The God of Abraham is the God of the Hebrews and Mohammed.

likely the same God... they just might not know God.
edit on 7-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

he's an american pharaoh. all our presidents are

Was he anointed with the Messeh according to tradition of the Pharaohs? I must have missed that ceremony. If you were to say that he takes his orders from the Queen or the City of London Financiers, I could go along with that.
edit on 7-3-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spel-ling

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

im not terribly fond of paul, but i do occassionally appreciate his mind. for example, he inadvertently revealed that eve hadn't actually done anything wrong in the fall narrative. she was tricked, whereas adam was not. (translated, adam was already a procreator, but eve was not till the creator gave her procreation (knowledge)).

this was one of the ways i learned that, in reality, the idea adam and eve had done anything wrong, was likely incorrect, and it spurred further study which revealed gems like "adam KNEW his wife and she begat" (by george, knowledge meant having procreative sex so the tree of knowledge was dna that gave them the ability to clone themselves (procreate)). and that lead to the realization that the earlier verse that told them to go forth, be fruitful and MULTIPLY, was the original teaching on procreation in the first place, and therefore, something was wrong with the way the verses were taught.

edit on 7-3-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

he's an american pharaoh. all our presidents are

Was he anointed with the Messeh according to tradition of the Pharaohs? I must have missed that ceremony. If you were to say that he takes his orders from the Queen or the City of London Financiers, I could go along with that.

woooo, messeh? flipping awesome. /runs off to study

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

yep, 2 different gods. ever read sumerian texts?

I have followed your in depth threads. No I haven't read the Sumerian texts. I remember reading an article a few years ago where a some expert studied the OT and stated that there were 2 distinct gods who had vastly different characteristics in the OT. To put it simply the Jehovah was the lofty mountain god and "The Lord" later displayed very different attributes. They are not one and the same. I didnt even bother rereading the Bible to agrre with the premise as my recollection of it was that strong after having read it many times cover to finish in my CHristian days.

I think I found it in Sir Laurence Gardiners work
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Given that the first group of these books was written while the Jews were held captive in Mesopotamian Babylon in the 6th century BC, it is apparent that Babylon was where the original records were then held. In fact, from the time of Adam, through some 19 said generations down to Abraham, the whole of Old Testament patriarchal history was Mesopotamian. More specifically, the history was from Sumer in southern Mesopotamia, where the ancient Sumerians did indeed refer to the grasslands of the Euphrates delta as the Eden.

When researching for Bloodline of the Holy Grail, I found that good sources for some background information were the various Gospels and texts that were not selected for inclusion in the canonical New Testament. Perhaps, I thought, the same might apply to the Old Testament. The books of Enoch and Jubilees, for example, were among those not included.

A further book, to which attention is specifically drawn in the Old Testament books of Joshua and Samuel, is the Book of Jasher. But despite its apparent importance to the Hebrew writers, it was not included in the final selection.

Two other works are also cited in the Bible. The Book of Numbers draws our attention to the Book of The Wars of Jehovah. And in the Book of Isaiah we are directed towards the Book of the Lord.

What are these books? Where are these books? They are all mentioned in the Bible (which means they all pre-date the Old Testament), and they are all cited as being important. So, why did the editors see fit to exclude them when the selection was made?

In pursuing an answer to this question and in studying the substance of the Old Testament prior to its corruption, one fact which becomes increasingly clear is that in English-language Bibles the definition ’Lord’ is used in a general context, but in earlier texts a positive distinction is drawn between ’Jehovah’ and ’the Lord’.

It has often been wondered why the biblical God of the Hebrews led them through trials and tribulations, floods and disasters, when (from time to time) he appears to have performed with a quite contrary and merciful personality. The answer is that, although now seemingly embraced as ’the One God’ by the Jewish and Christian churches, there was originally a distinct difference between the figures of Jehovah and the Lord. They were, in fact, quite separate deities. The god referred to as ’Jehovah’ was traditionally a storm god, a god of wrath and vengeance, whereas the god referred to as ’the Lord’ was a god of fertility and wisdom.

So, what was the name given to the Lord in the early writings? It was, quite simply, the prevailing Hebrew word for ’Lord’, and the word was ’Adon’. As for the apparent personal name of Jehovah, this was not used in the early days, and even the Bible tells that the God of Abraham was called ’El Shaddai’, which means ’Lofty Mountain’.

The apparent name ’Jehovah’ came from the original Hebrew stem YHWH, which meant ’I am that I am’ - said to be a statement made by God to Moses on Mount Sinai, hundreds of years after the time of Abraham. ’Jehovah’ was therefore not a name at all, and early texts refer simply to ’El Shaddai’ and to his opposing counterpart, ’Adon’.

To the Canaanites, these gods were respectively called ’El Elyon’ and ’Baal’ - which meant precisely the same things (’Lofty Mountain’ and ’Lord’).

In our modern Bibles, the definitions ’God’ and ’Lord’ are used and intermixed throughout, as if they were one and the same character, but originally they were not. One was a vengeful god (a people-hater), and the other was a social god (a people-supporter), and they each had wives, sons and daughters.

The old writings tell us that throughout the patriarchal era the Israelites endeavored to support Adon, the Lord, but at every turn El Shaddai (the storm god, Jehovah) retaliated with floods, tempests, famines and destruction. Even at the very last (around 600 BC), the Bible explains that Jerusalem was overthrown at Jehovah’s bidding and tens of thousands of Jews were taken into Babylonian captivity simply because their King (a descendant of King David) had erected altars in veneration of Baal, the Adon.

It was during the course of this captivity that the Israelites weakened and finally conceded. They decided to succumb to the ’God of Wrath’, and developed a new religion out of sheer fear of his retribution. It was at this time that the name of Jehovah first appeared - and this was only 500 years before the time of Jesus.

Subsequently, the Christian Church took Jehovah on board as well, calling him simply ’God’ - and all the hitherto social concepts of the Adon were totally discarded. The two religions were henceforth both faiths of fear. Even today, their followers are classified as ’God-fearing’.

further from above

So who precisely were they? To find the answer we have to look no further than where these gods were actually operative, and the old Canaanite texts (discovered in Syria in the 1920s) tell us that their courts were in the Tigris-Euphrates valley in Mesopotamia, in the Sumerian Eden delta of the Persian Gulf.

The texts inform us that:

it was Enlil who brought the Flood

it was Enlil who destroyed Ur and Babylon

it was Enlil who constantly opposed the education and enlightenment of humankind

PS thanks for your Stargates are Real thread...I will from time to time reread that. Such a rabbit hole.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
p.s. i need a link please! to the messeh thing cause messeh is not showing up in connection with pharaohs lol

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

yep yep . when i started that thread, i thought enki was the bad guy but i have since realized, that it's the opposite.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I love ya...keep up the great WORK

my google search phrase was exactly: anointing with the mess fat crocodiles pharaohs

books.google.com.au... SOBLNE0peKHGnW98BhHsT7uKNI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ZNH7VOqRLIWc8QWnsoDoCg&ved=0CDUQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

heres something interesting

illuminatimatrix.wordpress.com...

Another thing to keep in mind in regards to the Queen and the British Royal family is this. The coronation oil that is used on the King or Queen is called Messeh Oil. Messeh means holy crocodile and the word messeh has come to mean crocodile in Egypt. From this word we get the term Messiah or anointed one. It was the fat of the Messeh (crocodile) that the Pharoah’s sister-brides anointed their husbands on marriage. This custom began in Exodus 28:41 of the old testament “…and thou shalt put them upon Aaron thy brother…and his sons…anoint them…that they minister unto me (lucifer) in the priest’s office.”

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

yeah i think jesus is enki redux and that he came back as a human being, specifically for the purpose of wresting ownership of the planet from enlil (as part of a deal they made), which sadly, didn't come due till the end of the age (are we in the new age yet??). according to prophecy, however, there seems to be a few glitches in the matrix before that finally resolves. the idea being that the former owner will not go peacefully into the night and will try to wreak as much havoc and bloodshed as he possibly can first, before finally having to relinquish ownership.

it dawned on me that if it's true that time is slower the faster you travel, jesus (enki) could be gone just 2 days and so many hours (1 day = 1000 years so 2 days = 2000 years) from the planet, before this event actually occurs.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The town I live in has more PhD hard scientists

if you had the manly parts

So much sexual innuendo...are you sexually retarded?

The T&C, if you read them forbid what I was implying with the innuendo, you appear to have trouble with the use of innuendo so it bothers you if someone uses higher level reasoning to say something that is crude without being crude?

Also, your replies indicate to me that someone hurt you deeply, a Christian
and you are lashing out at all Christians,
typical in ATS.
I'm sorry if a Christian hurt your feelings in some way, grow up and get over it. That is what a fully developed adult who doesn't have "issues" does. Generalizing with words that demonstrate visceral hatred and loathing for all Christians the way you are, is quite juvenile.
Also, I just read your other posts and your exploration of the worship of the ancient Sumerian God Enki is interesting but really tells me where your mindset is.
Anyway I promised boymonkey I would not return to this thread, it gets tiresome dealing with immature minds, but had to reply to your nastiness and rudeness to a fellow ATSer.

Your replies indicate to me that you are well under 25, the brain takes a growth spurt in the early teen years, completely messing up any rational higher level thinking, the brain doesn't mature until around age 25. Don't believe me, look it up for yourself. My guess by this statement, you are closer to your early teen years. Especially with your convoluted religious search ending up with an ancient sumerian God, that is indicative of young teen age cognition.

By the way, I'll violate T&C here, so you don't have to use your synapses to read between the lines, did you have the balls to watch the video all the way through, I really doubt it. It appears it would stretch your neurons a little to much to watch the video all the way through.

edit on 7Sun, 08 Mar 2015 07:36:21 -0500am30803amk080 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

that happens everywhere now. americans lose their children to the state, so do europeans, quite regularly, and for the same reasons: its a money making program like the jail system.

Interesting statement Undo. I say this because Years ago I became aware of a woman with four children. Two of them were foster children for whom she wanted to adopt. The foster agency of the state did not approve of this and it caught me in a moment of confusion. That is until I realized that the foster child program gets matching funds for each child enrolled in said program. The foster child program does not approve of adopting the children and so discourages because they would lose funds. It is a concealed jobs program. This caused me to also look deeper at public education.

I am suspecting that it too is first and foremost a jobs program but must on the outside " appear " to be about the education of our children.

Well..I think you get the point here.

Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join