It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs scientific advancement.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: AinElohim

I used to go to many HM places and yeah they may talk the talk of hail Satan etc but it's just for show.

yes the largest group of atheists are ultrarationals...

I recommend Wacken (yearly)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999

originally posted by: undo
orangetom

case in point: if you are trying to win the argument that atheism is the better route, you have to do better than blame me personally, for stuff other people did/do. why? because that same line of thinking is what started the problems in the first place. you might be wondering what i'm talking about. women have been blamed since the "garden" , for supposedly "tempting" men to do what god told them to do : multiply. the thing is a catch 22 with no way out. supposedly, we ladies are still suffering with pain in childbirth because of what a single female did, thousands of years ago. just stop already. i'm only guilty for what i have actually done.

I will never believe that atheism or the non god belief system is he way to go. This because of what I know happened in the Atheistic non god nations like Soviet Russia or Communist China where in the name of power and control they have justified the killing of millions upon millions of their own people to maintain power.

Ironically this line of thinking is totally avoided on boards and threads like this one on ATS..and others. But I will bring it out when I have had enough of this pseudo intellectualism...pseudo enlightenment.

The problem with that stuff about Eve..is the typical nonsense so often spread by today's enlightened types.

The fact is that the charge to keep and dress the garden was made to Adam ..not to Eve...Adam is responsible...not Eve.

And this means Adam is also responsible for Eve..and they both paid the price for what they had done...for they are both one...of one flesh. Those two in particular.

I agree...we are only guilty of what we have done. It does not do much in line with intelligence and thinking to use the time warp technique once one knows how it works and it's goals...particularly it's goals.

Thanks,
Orangetom

If you want to see what atheist society looks like visit Japan, or Denmark, or Sweden. The safest countries on earth.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

there are 2 "gods" in the creation chapters of genesis
neither adam or eve, did wrong, since earlier in the same chapter, they were told to go forth, be fruitful and multiply. the tree of knowledge was about procreative dna necessary for multiplying. now why would god create us as procreators and then punish us for procreating. once you figure that out, you'll find out, one of those gods ain't like the other. which one created us? (hint: it ain't the guy who demanded our lifespans be nerfed). which one owns the planet? (hint: who tried to give the title of ownership to jesus ? )

edit on 7-3-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dewts
If you want to see what atheist society looks like visit Japan, or Denmark, or Sweden. The safest countries on earth.

Denmark is "Officially" a Christian Nation.

Sweden is secular... I take that back

and American's trust no government on earth, not even their own.

---

lovely... a $60.000 dollar speeding ticket!

www.cnbc.com...

edit on 7-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

RRROOOAAARR!

feel my holy wrath!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Entreri06

Yea, he also was the first to cause true reform and steer Europe away from the dark ages but then the viking started invading.

The Vikings weren't the ones burning christians at the stake for figuring out scientific theories.. That would be the Christian church. The church has killed a "who's ,who" of awsome scientists... No other religion has....

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

Yea, he also was the first to cause true reform and steer Europe away from the dark ages but then the viking started invading.

The Vikings weren't the ones burning christians at the stake for figuring out scientific theories.. That would be the Christian church. The church has killed a "who's ,who" of awsome scientists... No other religion has....

yep alot of christians were scientists, but this persistent belief that christians are anti-science is blamed on every christian today. christians, if they are against science, it's usually for logical reasons, like abortion resulting in minority communities literally genociding themselves.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: orangetom1999

Good post I agree.
The thing is If Christians actually practised what they preached I wouldn't have any problem.
But you get people like sweets who just attack any sign of Islam and say stuff like I will not give blood...even when Iam sure he would take it when needed.
So many false religious people.

You know what, if boymonkies actually practiced what they preached I wouldn't have any problem with them.
But you get people who just attack any sign of faith and say terrible stuff.
So many false atheist people.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Not an atheist...just an anti theist.
Oh and don't ask what Iam it is personal to me and I don't attempt to convert or preach about God.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

yep alot of christians were scientists, but this persistent belief that christians are anti-science is blamed on every christian today. christians, if they are against science, it's usually for logical reasons, like abortion resulting in minority communities literally genociding themselves.

Huh?? So what about evolution, the Big Bang and climate change? Oh homosexuality, vaccinations, faith healers, snake handlers. Exc. exc. exc.

Hell abortion has been around for far longer then Jesus. Women have been drinking herbs to end pregnancy for all of human history...

You must be joking right?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

To be a Christian you MUST be anti-science. Science does not allow for turning water into wine (just one of hundreds of examples).
And do you really think most christians are anti-abortion because because it means minority communities are commit self genocide? Really? Every christian, without exception, that I've talked to is anti-abortion because they believe the fetus has a soul and it's murder. They also believe this goes for zygotes and are against stem cell research, yet more ant-science thought.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

damn Italians!

Boycott Italians Now!

and ban the Latin language...

en.wikipedia.org...

especially Communist ones, which espoused state atheism.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I do believe that Hitler may have killed a much larger set of awesome scientists, and he was NOT a Christian.

The last time "the church" killed people was well well, over a thousand years ago.

More recently in history: Stalin and Mao also killed far more awesome scientists than the church ever did, and they were atheists.

So atheists are really he ones to blame. (eye roll for juvenile comments like this one, only aimed at people of faith, made by previous posters)

edit on 2Sat, 07 Mar 2015 14:57:49 -0600pm30703pmk076 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Hitler was a Christian...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

I do believe that Hitler may have killed a much larger set of awesome scientists, and he was NOT a Christian.

The last time "the church" killed people was well well, over a thousand years ago.

Stalin and Mao also killed far more awesome scientists than the church ever did, and they were atheists.

Hitler was a Catholic and European fascism was an extension of the right wing of the Catholic Church. The Church celebrated Hitler's birthday until 1945.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Not an atheist...just an anti theist.
Oh and don't ask what Iam it is personal to me and I don't attempt to convert or preach about God.

No you preach about and try to convert people to anti-theism

edit on 3Sat, 07 Mar 2015 15:17:33 -0600pm30703pmk076 by grandmakdw because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yup the more people that see through the lie of religion the better.
God doesn't need a religion why do we?.
edit on 7-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

More recently in history: Stalin and Mao also killed far more awesome scientists than the church ever did, and they were atheists.

So atheists are really he ones to blame. (eye roll for juvenile comments like this one, only aimed at people of faith, made by previous posters)

Contrary to what you saw on anchient aliens hitler was a Christian....and Germany was a democracy.

The last time Christians killed people was 10000 years ago!?! The witch trials? Slavery? Catholics and prodestants in Ireland!?, apartide in South Africa. Segregation?!? The KKK.... Huh?

Oh and hitler didn't kill his scientists... The allied nations split them up aka operation paper clip..
edit on 7-3-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Actually, I would say it is hard to know for certain, but it is unlikely. I was researching this for a thread about his views on religion and evolution (he was a creationist - go figure). While he made plenty of anti-Christian statements he also said things in his private life that could be contradictory to that. It seems he disdained religion, but did believe in a creator God of some kind. Though initially in life, he was raised Catholic.

Religious Views of Adolf Hitler
edit on 3-7-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join