It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HArrison Ford in Plane Crash...In Critical Condition.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

The Super Cub is a dream compared to the PT-22.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

is all ole news mate,Harrison is going to pull through...of course if everyone hasn't caught the news article i guess it would seem like new news... Dr. Indiana Jone's..has survived yet another plane crash......

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
originally posted by: buddah6

I don't know if I agree with the flying character of the PT-22. It is a primary trainer, an airplane you first start learning to fly. This characterization seems strange for training new pilots and may be over-stated. All airplanes and helicopters will react when power is lost due to torque changes. As long as he kept his airspeed above stall speed, he could fly the plane to the ground safely.

What is a swirl? A "swirl" is not an aviation term!

A swirl is a "Me" term. I'm not an aviator. LOL Sorry. When the plane does a spin as it's crashing. Whatever you aviators call that.

I'm a civvie.
Spins don't equate to crashing. I have done spins throughout my flight training both in the military and civilian world. They are very uncomfortable to do especially inverted ones. Most pilots get some introduction to them at some point in their flight training. Some planes can do them with no problem and some not so well.

I think that HF did as well as anyone else. He was lucky to have had a golf course to land on with the houses all around his flight path. If he landed elsewhere I'm sure there would have been a loss of life.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Spins in a sailplane are FUN.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Nochzwei

The Super Cub is a dream compared to the PT-22.

I love Cubs! They are fun...two of my three kids have soloed in a cub 30 years ago. They are like hens teeth today. No one wants to deal with fabric and wood airplanes anymore.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I'd sell a family member for an old wood and fabric bird.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I've never flown a sailplane. They do look cool though. I miss flying a great deal!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

If you lived in the west it's not such a big problem but here in Ohio you have to keep'em hangared. That can get pretty expensive. Fabric replacement is getting to be a lost art with mechanics as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That makes me sad honestly. I love fabric aircraft.

I miss flying to. And sailplanes are a blast. They're quite the challenge.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I can only imagine. The only plane that I wanted to fly is a Rutan VariViggen. I wouldn't mind owning one. Looks like a fighter and flies like a cub.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I wouldn't mind a ViperJet. They supply space, tools, and assistance, and you build it (it's an Experimental). Nice little jet, supposed to be a blast to fly. You can even put external fuel tanks on it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

When you fly do you fly to music?
Like the ride of the valkyries?.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

No, I prefer wind noise when I'm in a sailplane. The noise is relaxing.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

When you fly do you fly to music?
Like the ride of the valkyries?.

"8 Miles High", "Sky Pilot", "We Got To Get Out Of This Place"...I'm showing my age...lol.
edit on 8-3-2015 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join