It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher hangs herself in classroom before students arrive; had lectured students in past on suicide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides
Now now, lets not be selfish and think singularly as only what you are prepared for. There is an ENTIRE school worth of children that will be having feelings ranging from enjoying the afternoon off to completely devistated.

Lets be honest. There have got to be parents out there that are very angry at this woman right now.

edit on 2-3-2015 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Exactly, if we broaden the horizons of our minds we can more easily come up with tangible solutions.

There is no doubt that we do not have enough institutions to help those who are on the edge.

That being said though, it's also a matter of the person wanting to get help.

Personally I chose not to get help, and escaped the cycle through my own determination..but that doesn't work for everyone, and I understand that.

It's easy for me to say the things I do because I've been there and done that..and also coached other people out of suicide so I feel it's something that we can all overcome.

As someone who's been there....

You genuinely believe you know whether a person has the ability to continue to fight?

Would you say the same things to a terminally ill cancer patient? Are you honestly certain that you know there is no difference between the terminally ill and those who are dealing with what must be terminal mental anguish?

I'm not saying you should, could, or would do anything different. I'm not saying you shouldn't try to help people.

But what if that terminally ill cancer patient was a day away from a cure...and nobody knew...until the day after?

Would you still insist?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I'm truly glad you've seemingly found some measure of peace in your life.

I hope that peace continues. For all of us.

I hope that one way or the other, we all find peace.

I am just not of the belief that there is one prescribed way that is the true path for all to follow.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I do not blame anyone for their feelings. They are there for a reason.

What I do blame people for is how they react to them.

This will undoubtedly be used against me. I can see this. However, there is a difference between being angry because someone's suicide impacted the life of your child, and hitting the end of your emotional rope and deciding enough was enough.

Also, if you look back, you'll see that I *DID* say the decision to commit suicide where the teacher did was a poor choice.

But, given the circumstances, it was an inherently human error to make.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

I'm truly glad you've seemingly found some measure of peace in your life.

I hope that peace continues. For all of us.

I hope that one way or the other, we all find peace.

I am just not of the belief that there is one prescribed way that is the true path for all to follow.

I can understand that. For me, I don't care how people come by their measure of peace. Whether it be by religion, cooking, meditation, jogging, what-have-you. As long as they achieve it. Yes, I finally found mine in religion, but I'm not so arrogant to assume everyone else better achieve theirs in it as well. For my, joy is now spreading a smile. If I make one person smile, then my day is complete. I have done something I deem worthy.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Now now, lets not be selfish and think singularly as only what you are prepared for. There is an ENTIRE school worth of children that will be having feelings ranging from enjoying the afternoon off to completely devistated.

Am I wrong in thinking that you are becoming outraged? You're statement above directed things at me personally.

And, AGAIN, I never once defended this woman's choice of place to commit suicide.

I merely pointed out the shame that she was unable to get a better degree of help, and that this was the only way she could bring things to a close.

And no, nobody could go back and do it any better than she could. Given what she was dealing with. None of us know, pure and simple, WHAT she was dealing with.

It is the height of hubris to claim that you or anyone else could.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

This is so strange - that she'd get up that morning, shower, dress, etc, kiss her family good-bye, drive to school, knowing all the while she was going to go to school and and then kill herself in the classroom?

I just have to hold out the possibility of foul play of some kind.

Either in someone directly killing her, or by some kind of unexpected trauma waiting for her there (I hate to even give an example of what I'm thinking - but you know what a lot of female teachers get up to, and there could have been a summons or a letter waiting for her...) - I dunno, suicide is bad enough, but to choose to do it in a horrific way, in a place guaranteed to scar your family and students, who were probably very important to her - it just sort of defies explanation.

Sad, in any event.

link   

Being that largely I can only insist upon myself, the choice of life/death would be a personal one..as it is for everyone when they, as you stated earlier, know that they've had enough.

I'm of the opinion that everyone has within them the will to fight against what they feel is oppression. Wether that oppression is caused by mental anguish, physical anguish etc..

Again it's all largely personal so we can debate this all night but you will still be of your opinion, and I will still be of mine..I can be quite stubborn that way.

link   
I haven't read the article yet, just sharing the first thing that came to mind after reading the op. Has anyone considered the possibility that she may have been having inappropriate relations with a student in her next class? Perhaps she got dumped.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I'm not debating. That would insist that either one of us is right.

I am merely saying that neither of us was in that woman's head, or her heart, when she did what she did. We do not know the pain or anguish she suffered.

She clearly had been dealing with it for some time.

I am not prepared to damn this woman. Nor am I, IMHO, the person to do that.

I am not saying that you, for yourself, are wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I was going to say too soon again but, I don't think you meant that as a joke and it is a possibility (some personal skeletons).

It is an open discussion so we really should consider everything.

Heck, I went after the teacher's union out of the gate.
edit on 2-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

That is truly beautiful....

.......perhaps if more felt the same way....

........................perhaps things in the world would be different....

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You said pretty much what I was thinking of posting.

Some of the vitriol being spat her way one would think she murder suicided her class. I have seen threads where killers got more sympathy.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

My apologies, it's been so long that I've had anyone challenge my opinion that it felt like a debate to me.

I'm actually happy that you have been exchanging with me, despite the nature of the thread.

I'll agree that neither of us was in her head/heart at the time, but she like all of us always had a choice from the start.

I'll take the heat for the things I've said, no problem, wether I'm damning this woman or not.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It's an absolute shame really...

I only read so far, and I just had to add that for perspective...

I saw after someone had quoted you saying similar...
for that...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You are the only voice of reason here. The OP (not the story but the writer) makes me want to vomit due to their sickening insensitivity and ignorance.

To the OP, you have no idea how dangerous your words are. You have said all the right words to trigger someone struggling with suicidal idealization to commit suicide. You very well could be guilty of murder at this very moment due to your screwed up logic.

Yes, harsh but you need to wake the hell up and see that people like you do the most damage. Unless you have dealt with being suicidal, maybe next time you should just keep your mouth shut. YOU WORDS ARE LETHAL AND DANGEROUS.

I am a suicide survivor. My mother committed suicide, and I have dealt with my own feeling of suicide. I know what I am talking about.

Why don't you head over to this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

IMHO, disagreement is not always a challenge.

It is simply to say that the two sides do not agree.

There isn't always a right or a wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I can tell you feel alot of pain over this.

I hope that you have someone, or know that you can reach out here for help.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You are certainly a true pacifist.

no doubt my aggressive nature has been showing throughout.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'll say this before I leave ATS for the evening...
Been too strange a day to continue in this vain...

Let's hope to God/Nature/Science/Fate/Karma/Whatever you feel is adequate to what I'm about to say....

That none of you ever go that far, or maybe someone you love...

Because the chances are someone, somewhere, will be quick to call you/your loved one selfish/heartless/whatever fallacious description is floating around in your Airheads...

A hope further than that, that you/your loved ones never have to come across any random know-it-all's perspective of what sort of person you/your loved ones are...

Good night!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join