It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to Sign Executive Action to Ban AR-15 Ammo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: grubblesnert
Its just the Armor Piercing M855 green tip.
So it will get a little more expensive to buy "aftermarket/non-military ammo.
That's all

And there's absolutely zero evidence that Obama has gotten involved via an executive order. Zero.

The BATFE is under the jurisdiction of the Department of Justice. Which is an EXECUTIVE branch bureau. Obama is the head of the executive branch. Let's not fool ourselves ok?

Can you provide a link to the executive action discussed in the OP please? Thanks

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah the BATFE being part of the executive branch makes it an executive action.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There are likely over 100,000 Americans who are capable of making their own AR-15 ammo.

This proposed will do nothing, those with the right connections will still be able to get any ammo they want.

While I do believe the majority of the citizens won't do anything, there is a growing number of US citizens who are tired and willing to take a stand against tyranny and direct attacks against the Bill of Rights.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah the BATFE being part of the executive branch makes it an executive action.

So you can't provide a copy of the executive action that Obama is going to sign. I didn't think so.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
We hear shrill screaming from the left and get numerous lectures about the Constitution when it comes to religious issues and the 1st Amendment.

Yet when the 2nd Amendment gets threatened, there is silence or acquiescence from the left.

I tire of the hypocrisy.

I think more would jump on board if legitimate sources were used to actually show what the headline claims. It's a proposal. We get silly proposals all the time. They will review it until mid-March before anything happens.

Every gun enthusiast I know owns an AR15 (or a variant). I doubt letting this happen will be the legacy our president wants to leave if the Democrats expect to gain the White House in 2016. Unless causing more distracting riots is the plan, I seriously doubt this will go anywhere.

If it did, I know several non-gun enthusiasts who will back the 2nd amendment folks, including myself.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I highly doubt that, to be frank.

Many just use the Constitution as a cudgel to get what they want and to silence others.

The very aspect of freedom is an anathema to many if not most on the left.

It doesn't matter if you are a gun owner or not. If you aren't going to defend the 2nd Amendment, regardless of your personal position, then you have absolutely no right or standing when it comes to using the Constitution to defend any other point.

The Constitution is not an ala carte menu you can pick and choose from.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I highly doubt that, to be frank.

Many just use the Constitution as a cudgel to get what they want and to silence others.

The very aspect of freedom is an anathema to many if not most on the left.

It doesn't matter if you are a gun owner or not. If you aren't going to defend the 2nd Amendment, regardless of your personal position, then you have absolutely no right or standing when it comes to using the Constitution to defend any other point.

The Constitution is not an ala carte menu you can pick and choose from.

I absolutely agree and so do many of my friends that aren't very big fans of guns. I advocate gun control but not by limiting what we are allowed to have.

I think you underestimate your fellow countrypeople. A good lot of us are able to defend rights we don't even like. If you and I based our every opinion of other Americans on the news and forums, we would think that every conservative wants to kill gay folks and every liberal wants to grab guns from your house.

It's just not true. Those jackasses just happen to be louder than the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There is no such executive action.

Snopes

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So all this revolves around a bill from 1986 banning hand gun ammunition capable of piercing body armor. The intent of the bill was NOT to restrict rifle ammo as body armor is not, necessarily, designed to stop high powered rifles.

Now, 29 yrs later, there is a growing popularity in "AR15 pistols" so the ATF has to decide if the M855 meets the intent of the law. I would think it doesn't as M855 was not designed to be used as pistol ammo. Hell, I've seen a Mosin pistol but you can't say that 7.62x54r is a pistol caliber!

I would think that they will rule not to ban the ammo as it is not covered under this law. I also think that manufacturers and retailers have the most to gain while they decide on this matter. Wouldn't surprise me if the manufacturers and big retailers weren't playing double agents in this whole debate!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You have a higher regard for those than I.

I find the silence deafening.

Switch "gun control" with "speech control" to see if the Constitution isn't being violated.

I'll state that we currently don't even have gun rights, though. We currently have gun permission where we have to beg allowance from the state to own a firearm. THEY get to determine if we are worthy of such a boon.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
There is no such executive action.

Snopes

Whether there is executive action or not is irrelevant. Nothing will ever be literal when it comes to shady politics. Obama won't just come out and say we are going to ban AR-15 bullets. He will get his minions to figure out how to do it within the constraints of their bureaucracies. The little Eichman's in the bureaucracies know what they need to be doing. They don't need direct instruction.

You have to connect the dots.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What is truly frightening is what the Attorney General says about this:

Also, you can’t blame people for questioning the politics behind this move when the attorney general behind this proposed ban has said his failure to further restrict Second Amendment rights is his greatest failure.

Forbes Source (also a great read)

LA Times Source for traitor Eric Holders comment

Well, fellow Americans....it is past time to water the Tree of Liberty.

edit on 28-2-2015 by havok because: spacing ...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
People should start listening to what Obama has said! This is what he said that he'd do 7 years ago when was running for the office that he now holds. In his words, he said, he'd would profoundly change the US. HE IS! He knows if he takes away our 2nd amendment there's no recourse for the people to resist. His first attempt failed with "Fast and Furious." Now, banning ammo starting with the most popular bullets. This will not going to be the end of the ammo ban because he's not finished!

They have just imposed a internet neutrality law which give them the ability to restrict descent or any opposition to their illegal policies. They have the media in their pocket and this will shut up anything not approved by the PC police. This may even restrict us, here on ATS, if they don't like the conversation.

This law was funded heavily by George Sorros who is not even a US citizen! What is his intention and motivation having him spending $131 million for net neutrality? He also funded many organizations like Acorn which was instrumental in Obama's election. What is this guy up to? He must approve of Obama's agenda to spent huge sums.

Obama has changed the medical insurance, 2nd amendment, first amendment and immigration. The national debt is so large that we will never recover. The deed seems to have nearly complete. The USA is changed! We are no longer citizens but subjects.
edit on 28-2-2015 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

Unfortunately, anyone that claims that liberties are being taken away, or anyone who openly claims that the constitution is being destroyed, are labeled as tin foil hat wearing paranoid people. Further, the government is begining to label the folks who are awake to their agenda, as domestic terrorists.

The scary thing is, the general public is buying into it. They have bought into it. People who think like us, are being labeled as extremist. That is difficult to fight because people don't want to recognize how broke the country is. It's much easier to ignore it than it is to fix.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If it helps i scream at both!!!a reply to: beezzer

If your going to open your mouth about one thing then it needs to be opened about all situations!!!

edit on 28-2-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The Obama defenders are scrambling.

What will they do when he signs this?

I know. They will rejoice in private.

They secretly are all in favor of Obama actions.

The exposures are causing burning sensations.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
If it helps i scream at both!!!a reply to: beezzer

If your going to open your mouth about one thing then it needs to be opened about all situations!!!

Serious truth in that.

Defend all Constitutional rights or not.

But when you only defend those rights that support your individual ideology, then the Constitution becomes worthless.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You have a higher regard for those than I.

I find the silence deafening.

Switch "gun control" with "speech control" to see if the Constitution isn't being violated.

I'll state that we currently don't even have gun rights, though. We currently have gun permission where we have to beg allowance from the state to own a firearm. THEY get to determine if we are worthy of such a boon.

And I complain about the same thing. The stereotypical conservative will parade around the constitution and "don't tread on me" t-shirts but won't support lawful protests if they aren't interested in the cause, won't support legalization of certain substances, won't support marriage equality, etc.

However, I'm not fooled by the loudest. I know conservatives and liberals who aren't hypocrites and they support rights clear across the board. They understand the distinction of personal ideology and their civic duty to protect our rights.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I believe that no amendment is greater than the other they were put in place as a check and balance system to stop the current corruption thats happening but what had happened is that for the life of five last presidents have been chipping away day by day piece by piece until there will be no freedoms,
People say that there was never freedom i beg to differ i think that its lesser freedom than what we previously had!!!
a reply to: beezzer

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Obama defenders are scrambling.

What will they do when he signs this?

I know. They will rejoice in private.

They secretly are all in favor of Obama actions.

The exposures are causing burning sensations.

I guarantee that if our president supported this, there will be a Republican in the White House in 2016. It would be party suicide.

Most people are smart enough to know that AR15s aren't exactly the most convenient weapon to carry out gun violence outside a war setting. Handguns would be a much larger fish to fry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join