It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to Sign Executive Action to Ban AR-15 Ammo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Mail letters and write the prez?

Screw that nonsense, learn to reload and stock up NOW!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Here's a few facts for ya. Not that you're interested in facts or anything.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Its just the Armor Piercing M855 green tip.
So it will get a little more expensive to buy "aftermarket/non-military ammo.
That's all

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert
That's all

And there's absolutely zero evidence that Obama has gotten involved via an executive order. Zero.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Here's a few facts for ya. Not that you're interested in facts or anything.

www.snopes.com...

Facts doesn't matter when it's a chance to whine about Obama. What is funny is the people crying violating our rights when it in no way violates their rights.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I have to wonder who handed down the order to the ATF to propose this reclassification. But in reality, it doesn't matter who initiated the action. What matters is that it's still being done.
edit on 2/28/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I have to wonder who handed down the order to the ATF to propose this reclassification. But in reality, it doesn't matter who initiated the action. What matters is that it's still being done.

Had you read the article he posted the ATF did that on their own. All of this crap was started by a guns and ammo dealer because he knew his sales would increase if people bought that lie.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Ummm, maybe no one did? Maybe ATF is doing this on their own? Is that not possible? My point is, let's not fudge the truth just so we can hate on Obama some more. If you want to hate on Obama, at least point out things that are actually true. There is no executive order on this, and there is no evidence that Obama had anything to do with the proposal.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Another useless restriction. If they're so worried about injury, they'd go after all high velocity rounds. Even if it doesn't penetrate, how much blunt force trauma is there going to be from a round traveling at over 3,000 feet per second? Muzzle velocity from the .270, .308, 30.06 are all around the same as the 5.56, so what difference does it make which you get shot with, even when it doesn't go through the vest?
edit on 28-2-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The method by which Obama tries to repeal the second amendment by starting with the ammunition for a popular gun isn't as important as the fact that he is implementing measures to repeal or infringe upon the second amendment. This is unconstitutional in my opinion. I hope congress or the supreme court puts an end to this. Doesn't the second amendment state that it shall not be infringed upon? If this isn't infringing, what purpose does the supreme court serve? Congress should get involved in my opinion.

Based on zero cops getting killed, what I heard, by this ammunition, it is not a danger to the police, the entire argument for banning it officially in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

So, from 1986 to 2015, this ammunition has been left alone by the ATF. Then out of the blue, they decide to propose a reclassification of their own accord? No, I doubt it.

But my other point remains, I don't care where it originated from. It's still being done. And another thing that you can be sure of, is that Obama will do nothing to stop it as he fully supports it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

you're saying they're going to keep incrementally taking away ammunition and other firearms accessories/models? G0v regulation after g0v regulation... sickening

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Your dead on youll see if its not ammo its firearms if its not firearms its clip size and so on N so on theyre taking the second amendment apart piece by piece a reply to: FamCore

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It shows you how much power the alphabet agencies have that they can essentially pass laws with no oversight.

It doesn't matter if it is the CFPB, IRS, ATF, FCC, OCC, and all the others. Anyone who has had to deal with these people know what kind of power they have and you'd be a dumb idiot to think they don't get their marching orders from the top. They've mastered insulating their political backing and are very adept at cloaking their real motives from the sheeple using innocuous sounding regulation names.

The real tyranny is the bureaucratic tyranny that the government has created.

The people won't do anything or put up a fight because they simply aren't paying attention. The removal of their freedoms is gradual and they won't realize it until it is too late.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I been watching the erosion of gun rights since I was 'fee yeers ald'.

Control freaks are runnin things. They want to protect themselves from of, by and for the people.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That's all

M855 is not armor piercing.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

That's all

And there's absolutely zero evidence that Obama has gotten involved via an executive order. Zero.

The BATFE is under the jurisdiction of the Department of Justice. Which is an EXECUTIVE branch bureau. Obama is the head of the executive branch. Let's not fool ourselves ok?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Oh lookie people arent really reading the article but assuming that the tittle is true. Nobody singned any executive order for this, and obama isisnt involved, cant wait for the excuses.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Americans will do nothing. There will be no rally. There will be no mass public outcry. It will be accepted to never be overturned.

Exactly what I thought.

They will huff and puff.

and Monday with go into work and carry on life like normal.

Americans talk big but they have lost there back bone.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We hear shrill screaming from the left and get numerous lectures about the Constitution when it comes to religious issues and the 1st Amendment.

Yet when the 2nd Amendment gets threatened, there is silence or acquiescence from the left.

I tire of the hypocrisy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join