It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to Sign Executive Action to Ban AR-15 Ammo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Just like it isn't by EO, it isn't by congress either. This is the ATF acting as its own entity. Like Projectvxn pointed out, the ATF answers to the DoJ. Which answers to Obama. This proposal, I have no doubt, has the full backing of Obama. I wouldn't even be suprised if he told the ATF to go through with it.

This ban, if implemented, will go around everything and everyone. I hope to see this get squashed as well. But it shouldn't have even made it as far as to even be proposed.
edit on 2/28/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

It is was also pointed out that this falls in line with a law passed in 1986, so is that one barrys fault too?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah the BATFE being part of the executive branch makes it an executive action.

So you can't provide a copy of the executive action that Obama is going to sign. I didn't think so.

That isn't my point nor should it be seen as such. The Executive branch is headed by and does nothing without the approval of the chief executor.

That being President Barack Obama

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Isn't this specific bullet made to penetrate more effectively than other ball ammo? That's part of the story. Not saying it is a good story just part of it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Isn't this specific bullet made to penetrate more effectively than other ball ammo? That's part of the story. Not saying it is a good story just part of it.

Here is a video of a standard AR500 plate of armor standing up to 90 rounds of 5.56x45 M855 "penetrator" rounds.

They are NOT armor piercing. After all of that only TWO rounds made it through. Most of the 90 rounds disintegrated on impact.

edit on pSat, 28 Feb 2015 13:49:16 -0600201528America/Chicago2015-02-28T13:49:16-06:0028vx2 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's anyone's fault whom want to use a law to strip away constitutional rights. Obama is supposed to uphold the constitution. I blame him for not stopping the ATF in further eroding the constitution through back door methods... But wait! Why would he stop them when he is in full support of said proposal?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Obama's proposals and actions are in lock step with what is on the UN's agenda. Follow their agenda and Obama's is right there, too. I do not trust the UN and never have.

(Oh, btw, the UN's Internet Governance Forum is on the agenda again in November 2015.....imagine that! Their ultimate long term goal is an Internet that is controlled by an international UN-managed group.) Back to the 2A.

These people believe the ends justify the means, which is another way of saying you have to be a sociopathic psychopathic bunch to perpetrate some of the atrocities that get them to their ultimate goal.

When you research the UN's agenda pertaining to arms, you will find that disarming citizenries is their true end game. On the surface, that sounds soooo idealistic. "Oh, if we could all just beat our swords into plowshares, then everything will be rainbows and daisies"....until you wake up one day and realize the unimaginable!

"Those damn stubborn American People and their infernal Constitution! They are standing in the way of the full power grab. The Brits have been virtually neutered, the Australians, the Canadians, but, gosh, those Americans are tough nuts to crack. Oh, well! We'll just have to go in through the back door and nudge our way in!" (See Nudge Theory)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I agree it is a waste. They are a bit tougher but not like they want the public to believe.

Too bad real issues with the country are not chosen to be addressed. While the average person worries about this stuff, corporations and politicians are ripping off everyone.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I agree it is a waste. They are a bit tougher but not like they want the public to believe.

Too bad real issues with the country are not chosen to be addressed. While the average person worries about this stuff, corporations and politicians are ripping off everyone.

Couldn't agree more.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
the thread title "President Obama to Sign Executive Action to Ban AR-15 Ammo"... would be better corrected to:

President Emperor Obama..... to Sign Executive Action to Ban AR-15 Ammo

sheeze... the Net is now a utility & under the thumb of whichever administration is in power And
that green-tip ammo is just the beginning as the full UN mandate of outlawing guns/rifles gets implemented by Executive Order & damn the Congress Law-Making body

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If Obama is so concerned about guns why doesn't he work on Chicago and give us some proof of concept. Oh right, he can't really fix it using his plans.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That is what many different sources refer to this particular ammo as. The sales hype and blog-o-sphere gun-nuts yaking it up...... Caused undue attention to your "Shot Gun News" and "Cheaper Than Dirt" crate specials, didn't it?
Bragging, talking, and just plain obsessing about stuff involving their beloved, almost worshipped, firearms is what gives knicknames, such as "armor piercing" to this and outer ammo.

You all are your own worse enemy.
Handing the "scarey names" to the very people/politicians you fear. Sorta like the half baked knee jerk responders here. Spouting off without research, without thinking. Yak Yak Yak.....

I am an owner of may different firearms, pistols, shotguns, bolt action and semi-auto "high-powered assault rifles".
I have an extensive knowledge of historical and popular firearms and ammunition. So, I know of what I speak.
Although, I usually don't speak much in fear of becoming thought of as one of the obsessive loudmouth gun-nuts that have given my interest in firearms a such bad reputation of late.

You guys need to realize you all have done this to yourself.
You've pushed it to far and allowed the "gun crazies" (include yourself if the shoe fits) to push the general public into action.

Natural consequences I would call it.
So go out and buy all the non-military spec ammo you want. It will still be there.
And PLEASE, don't be "that guy"

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: grubblesnert

There has been 3 decades of efforts to ban semi auto rifles.

The only people trying to do damage is the political class and their enforcers.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY
Thanks for sharing, 4NOM4LY.
I'm just commenting to mark this thread, and share a little something.
I did read, including all comments/replies up til now.
I shared this with several buddies and some girlfriends of mine who were all hangin' out a little bit ago. All of the guys including myself own an AR platform or something other that takes these rounds. 2 out of the 13 not only payed attention, but also jumped on this site and started checking it out for themselves.....so I wouldn't have to continue to read out loud and have the 2 hangin over my shoulders at this small screen on my phone (GALAXY S4). The others were either yipn' and yapn' about useless information, playn on the phone whether it be texting, playn games or on Facebook and Twotter or watching TV while a stereo was in full affect.
I'm not even gonna get into the 2 out of 13 stuff, or how sad AND angry I was with that as well as the possibility of this ban....for I'm positive that everyone here knows what I'm getn at. I will say that I split/left thinking that would calm me down....but it didnt. I want so bad to go back and use a lot of profanity and scream out the question, "Don't yall understand or care about what's going here?!?!!!".

1. 'Hangin out' ain't what it used to be.
2. EVERY SINGLE DAY, I get more confirmation on how near hopeless some people are.
3. I sure am glad, at the age of 42, I'm still growing up and have plenty of room for improvement.

Thanks again, to everyone who contributes in whatever way, shape or form on whatever post on this site.

edit on R2015pm28C2015000000Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:27:34 -060034America/Chicago by RoadCourse because: Cause I make mistakes. Ain't the first time.....Damn sure won't be the last.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Hopefully the two that you mentioned have had their eyes opened to our plight. Well, not just our plight. But the nation's plight as a whole. This type of legislation, action, order, or whatever you want to call it not only hurts gun owners, but it hurts every American citizen.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thankyou for the reply, Eternal.
I'm fully aware and agree with
what your saying, ("not only hurts gun owners, but it hurts every American citizen.") As well as the other 2 fellas.
There are soooo many comments that just needs to be repeated over and over and over again.....IMO, yours is another one of them.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It is was also pointed out that this falls in line with a law passed in 1986, so is that one barrys fault too?

Its part of an ongoing agenda. Barrys just the latest talking figure head. You must grasp this.

Bill Clinton era, I was around then. Republicans are in on it to it would seem....good cop bad cop. Don't trust any of them and keep that powder dry......as you would ink in your printer.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Is this really a good time to be banning any weapons at all with the ISIS threat coming to a town near you ? All I have heard from lots of people all week is "Obama is a f>>>>>g idiot" , moreso than they usually do, and despite his cool sounding never come to fruition babble I couldn't agree more. I don't even like guns, but does anyone think ISIS could have taken those people so easily if they were allowed to have guns ?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
An interesting theory I heard the other day. Not sure if I am getting it 100% correct but...

The 7N6 (5.45x39) "ban" was intended to provide Ukrainians with a sufficient ammo supply to fight against Russia. Russia destroyed a majority of their ammunition factories which subsequently cut off the supply of 7N6. The Ukrainians have been, and are now being supplied with M16A2 rifles (.223/.556) from the US government. With all the surplus M855 coming home to America, the government wants to deny American citizens access, and give it to the Ukrainians to fight Russia.

Thought it was interesting.
edit on 1-3-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

We must remain vigilant on this from now on year after year, decade after decade. For no other reason than its a clear attack on the constitution. Besides they want it to much, cant let it rest ect. Why? They have need to relive us of our arms.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join