It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Failure of ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
Since the thread is nearly dead, I think it´s ok to write it here.

Nothing simpler as that.
Instead of wrapping the image in a link,
create an image map for every NLBSimage that´s on the right side of the content div
set the length of the area to this.imagewidth-5
set the height of the area to this.imageheight

there you go

www.w3schools.com...
Scroll down to "Image Maps" to get my point

If you do this, I´ll delete such lines like
www.nextlevelbull... localhost

edit on 4-3-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Of course not, I understand that. But what about ones that are unfolding in real-time...how could you possibly assess its veracity or lack thereof enough to shut down a thread about it?

Out of curiosity regarding your reply, what are some conspiracy theories you do consider legitimate?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I feel that I should add that I agree in that 98% of conspiracies are bogus. But there are a few that, no matter how many times I go back into the evidence hoping to convince myself that they're not true, always add up. I would say it's equally pertinent that, to believe any and all conspiracies to be bunk puts a man in the same category as his conversely 'deranged' nemesis.
edit on 4-3-2015 by humanityrising because: better

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The truth is out there

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I gotta say that silence as opposed to open dialogue doesn't do much to help the many allegations that are brewing towards ATS mgmt.

This isn't the first time I've been ignored after pointing out some extremely suspicious behavior...

Open dialogue without judgment is encouraged, and I/we want to understand where you're coming from...
edit on 7-3-2015 by humanityrising because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
And as I type this, my last post is not showing up in recent posts...seriously, what gives? If you have nothing to hide please explain. I'm 100% open to why you are doing this, there must be an explanation worthwhile. But blackballing is just fueling the revolt...so much of this could be avoided by just speaking candidly.

The more this happens the more people accept the mission to expose whatever is going on.
edit on 7-3-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2015 by humanityrising because: gramm

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ibelievethemsm
a reply to: TheJourney

i said i don't want to kill them . but i do hate the religion and religion in general. anyway to prevent thread drift. i have no problem with productive dialogue. if it is productive. but if i say i hate Islam because of Sharia law. i could 80% guarantee that someone would say i'm a islamaphobe and the Christians did alot worse anyway and then it would go on to how america is the bane of the world i have seen it happen to countless threads and it will happen in countless more. that was my argument the murderous genocide was just a example a bad one tho

I've made many posts discussing my dislike for the religions of Abraham. No one has done anything to prevent me, and I can't remember being called an islamaphobe for my criticisms. Maybe it's because I argue against the religion from a philosophical/moral point of view, as opposed to a "I hate muslims they are bad people, and they scare me". Even if they do call me an islamophobe I wouldn't be broken up over it. Opinions don't bother me to much.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

i argue the religion from moral and historical standpoint. I don't hate Muslims either my posts dictate that i hate Islam. i have in a post given a few facts from the MSM that has been corroborated by renowned historians. but that got labelled as false because it wasn't "reliable" again i was labelled as intolerant and "like Hitler" when i stated that in Muhammed last 10 years of life he conducted over 30 military campaigns and slaughtered thousands but then again when you believe in a religion, that is quite frankly the main reason we as a species will die out. the thing that really got me was when they were trying to explain away paedophiles with "it was common back then". im not broken up over either im just pissed. i would post a rant but not enough posts yet:mad

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
And as I type this, my last post is not showing up in recent posts...seriously, what gives? If you have nothing to hide please explain. I'm 100% open to why you are doing this, there must be an explanation worthwhile. But blackballing is just fueling the revolt...so much of this could be avoided by just speaking candidly.

The more this happens the more people accept the mission to expose whatever is going on.

Ah this thread is in BTS, which means it doesn't show up on the Conspiracy side of ATS, it shows up in the Off Topic section of the site. Since this thread is in that section, forum RANT.

And nothing is going on, that hasn't yet been explained, ad nauseum.

if there are further questions, I would direct you to this thread, which basically covers it all:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I got a solution.

GO MAKE YOUR OWN SITE IF YOU HATE AND DISTRUST ATS....

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
y so cereal?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

When you click on RECENT POSTS their are two possible choices to see posts...CONSPIRACIES and OFF TOPIC (the screenshot below shows that). Did you actually do any work and try and find your post there or is it the typical conspiracy person response of "something isn't exactly the way I think it should be so it has to be an agenda being forced"

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ahh I see, apologies. Excuse me while I pry my foot from my mouth...still learning the ins and outs here.

My other points still seem to go unanswered, but that's ok. I'm happy to be here.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
To the OP: I am stumped how moderators allowed you to post a topic that appears at first to work against the interests of the website owners. Perhaps it was allowed for the sole purpose of "proving" that you can discuss almost anything at ATS?

originally posted by: ibelievethemsm
...here anything that is considered "taboo" or a true discussion want to be started it instantly gets railroaded

I don't have a problem with them trying to make money. I do have a problem with them actively censoring and shutting down threads and actively 'debunking' conspiracy theories that actually have merit. The same conspiracy theories that made them every penny they own today.

--Are these both just misguided perceptions?

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
ATS has turned into a scientific cult whereby other certain members try and bully their peers into a single way of thinking,making use of only half their brain ,let's not forget science can only explain what is perceivable in the 5senses and all else is not taken into consideration and as many know there is a whole other aspect of life which goes unseen.

--perhaps the result of an infiltration of individuals who like to prove something is false?

And this angry/elitist response speaks volumes about who may be using ATS for "entertainment" of some kind:

originally posted by: tadaman
Deny ignorance is a catch phrase, mantra what ever...its not a freaking mission statement. This is a public forum that is privately owned. Thats all. Its not a public service.

This thread is freaking traitorous...

You would be hard pressed to find the level of conversation people can get into here on another site. Then again most people are idiots and couldnt hang with the crowd here in most cases. If you are smart, witty, good looking, and not a retard, you would love it here.

--most people are idiots? And what could being "good looking" possibly have to do with liking ATS? Just what kind of conversation do you expect to have with someone who views the world through the lens of this belief? You can start a thread and maniacs jump in with this attitude. It's an example of the problems associated with social media in general. On ATS, I have to say it's up to the individual to find the appropriate way to participate. Knowing the terms and conditions doesn't guarantee you'll get what you want, moderators will be biased just like the rest of us, they can censor your posts, remove new threads that you spend lots of time putting together, some posts appear to be allowed to turn into cyberbullying for sport. Plenty more can be said is "wrong" here, but it's not always fair to blame ATS. It's the nature of social media in general.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join