It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Failure of ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The ATS website is looking slick these days. I'm glad to know I can make a donation via paypal.

I don't go on ATS much anymore, so I don't know if anyone is familiar with the term "redpilled" or if it's used here often. Basically, it's used on the chans and the manosphere all the time to refer to people that have seen the cracks in society and have embraced the truth, no matter how painful and contradictory it is as to what we've been led to believe throughout our entire lives.

My "redpilling" was a gradual process. Looking back, tiny seeds were planted along life's journey at various times, but the real process began a couple of years ago. I moved to a country that was ethnically homogeneous, I studied E.O. Wilson's work, I moved back to the U.S. (Missouri, to be exact) just in time for the events in Ferguson and it all came crashing down for me. I used to be a far-left, Obama-loving liberal. Not anymore.

But the biggest factor, by far, was time spent lurking on the chans. The chans, specifically infinity chan, are the wild west of the web, the final frontier. People can post anything they want as long as it doesn't violate US Law, so the only tools the elites , shills and disinfo agents have against the spread of real information are shilling, sliding and baiting. If someone starts a thread covering a topic that is illegal to discuss or investigate in Europe, then it's okay because infinity chan guarantees free speech. Mods won't ban you or delete your thread and you most likely won't end up in court over the violation of some anti-free speech law in Europe. And people will post and share information that will truly open your eyes. Additionally, this is all done anonymously, meaning that people don't need to face repercussions. This is the maximum potential of the internet: the free exchange of information and ideas at very little cost.

And that's why ATS has failed. ATS claims to believe in denying ignorance, but ATS only believes in denying ignorance on their own terms. Yes, ATS is a privately owned website, so the owners have no obligation to ensure that all members have free speech rights. All users sign the Terms and Conditions agreement and must abide by those rules. But if ATS and the owners want to deny ignorance and open the eyes of the people more effectively, then there's a model already in place that they could look to for guidance. There are topics that people are not allowed to discuss on ATS and threads will be deleted accordingly. And there's a ton of fluff: reptillians, aliens, UFOs, cryptozoology, new agism, etc. All of these topics can be blown completely out of the water with the application of Occam's Razor. The only purpose they serve is to distract people from The Big One.

In business terms, ATS is actually succeeding quite well. A quick duckduckgo search reveals that ATS generates close to $150,000 a year. Funny, because ATS is putting out their tin cup asking for donations for who knows what. ATS always has some scheme going on. At one point it was the conspiracy chicks, they had ATS radio, they had the Ring bearer contest, and currently NLBS. All in the name of generating clicks. And let's not forget some of the insufferable threads started in Really Above Top Secret, especially the X-Files tier thread about cryptic conversations with cab drivers.

I've been lurking on this site for over 10 years. I remember what originally brought me here: questions about the Masonic symbols on the $1 bill. Knowing what I know now about the world and about the group that's pulling the strings, I look back and realize that had I stayed on ATS and trusted this site, I never would have gone down the rabbit hole and I never would have learned the truth.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Always one for the truth....LONG LIVE SLAYER!!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Slayer

ok, U2U me with one of the good sites so i can see for myself. thank you in advance.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I suppose it would be easy for you to upgrade servers by trading in your red pills for them and I'm sure a programmer would take his pay in this fashion as well... But in the really real world things cost money, and if you ask me those red pills fuel delusions...

They are not making you pay to play if you don't want to share your two cents, keep it to yourself...

I'm sure those who enjoy their time here are glad to pitch in for whatever reason and feel no remorse for having done so as the decision was their own...

red pill he says... Try a blue one maybe you will see straight...
edit on 28-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: .

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
And you are here on ATS now because....?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

especially the X-Files tier thread about cryptic conversations with cab drivers.

Oh lame. When do I get to see that thread? How many posts, stars or flags!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

I suppose it would be easy for you to upgrade servers by trading in your red pills for them and I'm sure a programmer would take his pay in this fashion as well... But in the really real world things cost money, and if you ask me those red pills fuel delusions...

They are not making you pay to play if you don't want to share your two cents, keep it to yourself...

I'm sure those who enjoy their time here are glad to pitch in for whatever reason and feel no remorse for having done so as the decision was their own...

This is the blue pill oracle.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

This is the blue pill oracle.

LOL details details

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
lol, must be our Australian sense of humour

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The fact ATS does things to generate revenue isn't a negative thing in my eyes. Perhaps I am biased as I am a web developer and currently am working on multiple projects all of which I hope generates me some cash. I think most of us can relate to wanting money.

Does it really impact the community? *shrug*

The only time I have been in disagreement with ATS is when topics were being censored which I strongly feel is antithetical to our principles.

Other than that ATS has a very impressive staff. The moderators and the administrators and the owners all get much respect from me. I spend a good amount of time in other groups / forums and they are very often quite disappointing compared to ATS in how they operate.

The only purpose they serve is to distract people from The Big One.

Which is?
edit on 28-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

a big possibility

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
i have mixed feelings about this site.
To be honest the only reason i signed up when i did is because i write novels/short stories on my spare time, most of them dealing with the supernatural, the mysterious, and i figured what better place to do research and gather ideas than a website where people discuss just that.
But when it comes to things about reality, this site has more often than not been a disappointment.
while there are some people that bring up good points and i actually hope to find them in the posts i visit, for the most part, it's people saying "my idea is right and any other idea that isn't minde means you are a sheep, an idiot or a shill!"
I was kinda hoping that this whole community knew better. in recent times we had the ebola nonsense.
for some strange reason, deny ignorance becomes entertain fantasies on this site more often than not.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Brave of you to say this Slayer good on you!

This is a remarkable site saying that,but there are entities out to spoil that, as you have mentioned.

The thing is,we are presented with a gargantuan t&c page and yet the site isn't quite keeping its side of the deal and weeding out the shills and dis info resident 'stars',so it is just a case of coexisting.

I came on this site to generate some awareness about Planet X and its passage,which is the true cause of all the oddities being experienced on Earth now..anyway,from the very first post I was attacked and nothing was done about it,I was prevented from posting certain info (amongst a range of tactics) and the thread was shut down eventually.I usually like to tackle (IMO) sensitive Crux topics (so I bump into these lot more often than not) and I have also seen all I need to see,to know what is going on at this site and the many forums..this is not a dig at the outstanding efforts and revelations made by members..it's well,the truth!

ATS has turned into a scientific cult whereby other certain members try and bully their peers into a single way of thinking,making use of only half their brain ,let's not forget science can only explain what is perceivable in the 5senses and all else is not taken into consideration and as many know there is a whole other aspect of life which goes unseen.

In a sense this approach by the establishment should be flattering as we are clearly doing something right,to be targeted like this.

Ahh can't beat a morning rant! Love you really ATS have a good one!

edit on 28-2-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Anyone who is content making $150,000 from owning and operating an LLC needs to look into other work. After fees, taxes and wages for however many employees, that leaves you with what? Probably a tin can asking for donations lol!

There is censorship here of course but they're also not hiding on the deep web. I don't understand all these complaints to be honest. It's like an oxymoron, those who profess to know everything, are the ones bitching that a website fully enmeshed in "the system" isn't playing fair.

....I mean wow. That's some great sleuthing there. Star for you.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
ATS doesn't create as strong cognitive dissonance as other websites such as 8chan (unless you start believing in reptilian shape shifters style wackiness) and this allows people to more easily take the first steps into free thinking.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

…to refer to people that have seen the cracks in society and have embraced the truth, no matter how painful and contradictory it is as to what we've been led to believe throughout our entire lives.

I am one of these people and this is the site where that happened for me. Even if I can't see it here directly through the TnC filters I can begin a search with a few keywords and get a mindfull.

Being an old school, before internet, starved for information type, that will never cease to amaze me.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I tend to agree with the synopsis although to be fair the owners have made reasonable effort to wind down the Ufo trolls and 150,000 grand per year revenue by todays standards is not big bucks by the time its split up. I can see however why people who have grown with the site over 10 years or more may be disappointed with how it looks now. The old format is antiquated but it had a simple appeal that's hard to find these days anymore and was probably more faithful to the original vision.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I used to go underground and remain dormant for a long time....came back up and the kids had gotten on my lawn and squished all my begonias again. Oh, there was hell to pay...these days I try to keep peeking out the window on a regular basis so they don't run amuck in the flower beds anymore. They know I'm watching so they keep their distance pretty well.

You should visit topside more often, silly goose.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

You are right about everything

Pro shills will eventually destroy this site, it isn't really ATS fault but yes it will happen

Shills have probably already destroyed this site 1/3

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I have seen more hoax created threads lately but I hope that hasn't decreased ATS's credibility as a site to get the "real" info.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join