It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Bright Light on Ceres......?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I like the dome theory but it's probably icy rocks or a ranger with a flashlight.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ross 54

5.) Self emitting light source who's function and purpose are undetermined at this time.

Just sayin........

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Been going on for a week+

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well, I hope its not a McDonalds! The aliens dont need that kind of crap.

I'm going with ice.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I have read that it is probably crater-forming activity and electrical arcing between two craters.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

electrical arcing between two craters.

Is that another way of telling someone you love them?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ross 54
1.) Icy material ? The known albedo of ice on a solid surface, like glacial ice, runs from 20 to 40 percent.

Sure, if you limit icy material to glacial ice.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kiro8lak
a reply to: VoidHawk

I have read that it is probably crater-forming activity and electrical arcing between two craters.

So where's the arc?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: Ross 54
1.) Icy material ? The known albedo of ice on a solid surface, like glacial ice, runs from 20 to 40 percent.

Sure, if you limit icy material to glacial ice.

Glacial ice on Earth seems to be the best available analog for the sort we might expect to find on Ceres. Its surface is diverse in texture-- from smooth to somewhat disrupted, and is variably sullied by dust.
Ice on Ceres would be subject to meteoric impacts from space, and sublimation to vapor, as ice is inherently unstable on the asteroid's surface. These would seem likely to confer on it a variable surface, comparable to glacial ice.

The alternative forms of ice, on sea and ocean, can reflect up to 45 and 70 percent of the light they receive, respectively. The idea of a subsurface ocean on Ceres is highly speculative, and lacks firm evidence in its favor.
The concept that it reaches the surface of the asteroid, and is covered over with only a thin coat of relatively smooth, clean ice, comparable to sea ice or ocean ice, is ever more conjectural.

edit on 2-3-2015 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

edit on 2-3-2015 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Have we heard anything more from NASA about this? I haven't been able to find anything new. It seems as if the story sort of got pushed under the rug, and everyone became obessed with the color of some dress and Jihadi John.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ross 54I believe you are inferring incorrectly that Ceres is a Asteroid, it is not. It is technically classified as a "Dwarf" planet. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Have we heard anything more from NASA about this? I haven't been able to find anything new. It seems as if the story sort of got pushed under the rug, and everyone became obessed with the color of some dress and Jihadi John.

March 6th 2015 is the next release date for information, I have read. Just have to wait and see......

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Anybody have any status to the latest?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
We're going to be told it's some mundane thing such as ice or perhaps a plume from gas.

If it were anything exciting such as alien artifacts, we'd never be told. I don't know why we'd expect anything else. Eventually though with private space exploration programs taking off in the future it's going to be harder and harder to hide/ignore findings. I just wonder if we'll ever learn the truth.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So 9 days and no update or new photos from Dawn? does it really take that long to airbrush Putin out of the pics?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There wont be any new pictures until mid-April. This was the plan all along; it is not a form of evasion. Dawn is currently facing the unlit side of Ceres, and will continue to approach the planet from this direction.
From mid-April, the new images will continue to get clearer and clearer. if the new pictures continue to show the bright spot as a blur, it will be because it is too small to resolve optically.
If this keeps up long enough, the bright spot would be found to be too small to reflect the amount of light we are seeing from it. At that point it would have to be conceded that it is a source of light, rather than merely a reflective surface.
edit on 15-3-2015 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
No,weather balloon!

SWAMP BALLOONS!!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Also if you're Well read with Sumerian cuneiform tablet translations....
There is said to have been an inhabited earth like planet named Tiamat that was between. Earth and mars... which... last time Nibru swung through these parts... smashed it to bits. .. making the rubble we now deem the asteroid belt.

Could Ceres be a (relatively) New outpost used by any of the inhabitants of Tiamat or Nibru ?

Or. .. a more recent black ops space navy earth sourced position used for a more public-directing theatrical effect? (Among other purposes)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge
a reply to: prevenge

Also if you're Well read with Sumerian cuneiform tablet translations....
There is said to have been an inhabited earth like planet named Tiamat that was between. Earth and mars... which... last time Nibru swung through these parts... smashed it to bits. .. making the rubble we now deem the asteroid belt.

Could Ceres be a (relatively) New outpost used by any of the inhabitants of Tiamat or Nibru ?

Or. .. a more recent black ops space navy earth sourced position used for a more public-directing theatrical effect? (Among other purposes)

You are correct, the Sumerians do have a lot to say about the hollow earth.

Here is a article that discusses the subject of the hollow earth, and how it, the theory, has been sabotaged. Very interesting read.The Hollow Earth Theory

This article covers not only the Sumerian mythology but many other cultural beliefs around the world.
Abzu Hollow Earth

We can not draw conclusions from one or two sources. But when you have a dozen or so, you might start to take notice of what is being said.

The word Nibru actually translates to "Water Crossing", not a planet. That is how I understand it. Nibru, leads to Abzu.

Anyone who takes the time to research the hollow earth theory will eventually stumble upon the internal sun that is claimed to be within the planet. A shining orb that the world is anchored to.

Its counterpart in Today's science calls it the Iron Core, that may or may not be molten. Again, no one has visited it to confirm this, its only a theory, just like the hollow earth theory. So, one way or another, all planets have a core, this is not really in the debate. What is debatable, is the true nature of this core. Is it a molten Iron ball, or is it, a ball of plasma that shines.

In the hollow earth theory, and Sumerian text it states there was a planet in the position of Ceres, Tiamat. The question is, could Ceres be the remaining core of the planet Tiamat??

To be honest, I just don't know one way or the other, except, we have a unidentified light in the center of a meteor crater on Ceres. If, Ceres is a planetary core, covered by millions of years of dust and debris, could a meteor punch a hole through the dust to expose, the light????

All I can say is, its starting to look that way.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Ross 54, thanks for the info about when the pics should be released. I'm far too impatient for this business

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join