It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could prove God doesn't exist...would you tell anyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If I didn't believe in God or some kind of accountability I wouldn't have to worry about the rules anymore. Time to go all gangster on the world. Who cares if I get killed doing crime? Who cares who you hurt? Everything becomes meaningless.

Would I tell people the truth? Sure, life is pointless anyway who cares who the truth hurts if God doesn't exist..

In another thread you said people who don't believe in a hereafter should kill themselves and get it over with because nothing matters and now you are saying you would party like a gangster.

You are not very consistent except in your negativity.

I'm very consistent. If God doesn't exist then life is meaningless. The only question becomes do I kill myself straight away or take a bunch of you with me. No consequences...all bets are off without God.

So you are one of those who only lives a decent life because you think someone is watching.

I do not lack empathy so I do not need a god to know right from wrong.

BTW if something ever happens to where you believe

edit on 27-2-2015 by Grimpachi because: durp

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well...I've got to step away for the night but did want to say this. There was no agenda in this question/thread other than my curiosity. There is no wrong answer and my opinion is just my opinion. Apparently, I am of the minority and I'm very, very surprised. I expected the opposite. Again this stemmed from a quote stating "is your reality really better than my fantasy" and in some minor examples, maybe that is still true...maybe not.

Thanks for the input. I'll check back tomorrow to see if the majority changes or not.

By the way...want to see the proof? (just kidding)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Grim, I believe we are all here to progress in an elegant universe that was created by a 'God' in some form. I believe we live on after our physical death. My life choices are made based upon those beliefs...that we are here to learn to love and take care of each other.

If I all of a sudden found out that none of what I believe is true...that for no reason at all we suffer a physical life and then become nothing; then it would be time to re-evaluate all of my choices. Your morality becomes irrelevant. Good and evil no longer exist. Life becomes a meaningless, random walk lived without purpose. Any right or wrong you believe is false and doesn't actually exist.

What would I do exactly? I don't know, but I know it wouldn't matter and neither do any of the false rules we follow. Everything becomes on the table because there is no God and no consequences.
edit on 2015/2/27 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Sounds like a good add for heroine addicts. If happy leave them alone. People in WACO were happy. a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

But I would leave the ones who live at peace...at peace.

You should tell this to people who believe to leave us non believers alone then.
How many times have they gone on and on and on about god and religon and the bible?

Leave us non believers in peace

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I believe we are all here to progress in an elegant universe that was created by a 'God' in some form. I believe we live on after our physical death. My life choices are made based upon those beliefs...that we are here to learn to love and take care of each other.

If I all of a sudden found out that none of what I believe is true...that for no reason at all we suffer a physical life for no reason then become nothing then it would be time to re-evaluate all of my choices. Your morality becomes irrelevant. Good and evil no longer exist. Life becomes a meaningless walk lived without purpose. Any right or wrong you believe is false and doesn't actually exist.

What would I do exactly? I don't know, but I know it wouldn't matter and neither do any of the false rules we follow. Everything becomes on the table because nothing matters.

Well...so much for getting out of here quickly
I had to respond to your post. I don't believe in a traditional God, afterlife or anything else. I haven't since I was very young. So I've chosen to live my life as my own God...following my internal belief in what is right and wrong and "worshiping" that as my belief system. A belief system that what I believe is good...is "God's will". In person...I am probably one of the most positive people you could meet, I am nice to everyone and most people like me. I can be content in believing that I am doing my best, to be the best I can for myself, my family and those whose life I briefly touch. That is enough for me to continue. I've been on the top of the world and at the bottom and learned my lessons. I hope you could do the same if you had to re-evaluate.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Sounds like a good add for heroine addicts. If happy leave them alone. People in WACO were happy. a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Only if they are happy and not being or causing hurt.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

You should tell this to people who believe to leave us non believers alone then.
How many times have they gone on and on and on about god and religon and the bible?

I do. And I would never push my belief upon anyone. My opinions are another issue

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I'm just saying that you are fooling yourself by believing in what is 'good' in a world without God. What you believe in is as delusional as someone that believes in God. You use it as your crutch to ascribe some sort of meaning to your world when none exists without God or an afterlife.

I appreciate the response!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'd present it, but to be honest, that doesn't mean much. People that want to believe something, will.

Being that I'd have this "truth", I wouldn't push it very hard; I mean, if there is no God, and people want to believe in him anyways, let them.

As for your thought that the Pope would just know for sure that your evidence is the truth, doesn't mean he'd stop pushing God, anyhow. The RCC isn't going to just let their meal ticket go away. The same goes for any organized church.

In short, I don't think much would change for the world, whether this information was shared, or not.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
"If you could prove God doesn't exists would you tell anyone."

Done & done! You're welcome.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

You realize that threads like this do to religious folks the exact same thing you are accusing them of doing to you? Perhaps the irony eludes you.

The worst part is I find religious zealots and atheists equally annoying.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Pfft. You see what those nuts did to Jesus? If they're willing to murder god's son imagine what'd happen to some schmuck that sits at his kitchen table and figures out god isn't real. It'd be like telling crazy people clouds don't speak. After they pull the knife from your chest they'd say "he works in mysterious ways."

Hell no, I would not.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No, i totally get it alright

But how many threads like this do you see? Not many
How many threads about religion?

Thats my point..

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

It just my erosional viewpoint but the best moments of my life are the waking moments, the aha moments, ahhh now i get it moments.

Pretty sure most seekers appreciate that. People that want to stay in the flat earth society are delusional. They want to remain secure in their fantasy. Thats why Disneyland, Church and TV drama is so successful.

In the back of their mind they know it isn't 'real', but go anyway.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Your hypothetical question has a silly, presumptuous premise. And even if your intent weren't so obvious, I would simply point out, it's impossible to prove a negative.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Nope...if I could determine that? I was searching...and anyone else who wasn't...wouldn't believe me anywa

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Speaking of silly presumptive premises, you can prove a negative. Logic 101.

If you reach in your pocket and there is no money in there, that is proof there is no money in there.

The hilarious part is, "you can't prove a negative" is a negative.
edit on 28-2-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

well you left out a lot of specifics... like "which" God?

also the topic title itself proves that you acknowledge the existence of a god, and by stating "pope" would I be safe in assuming that you mean the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob? (Judeo-Christianity)

If this went to a court of fact the non-believers would lose badly because perception of reality is based on majority.

So you see... in all reality people like Richard Dawkins are the last in line to be heard and his lack of evidence would be thrown out an he would be committed to an institution for evaluation.

But of course that is in the real-world... where he and the limited few seem seem not to live.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
Your hypothetical question has a silly, presumptuous premise. And even if your intent weren't so obvious, I would simply point out, it's impossible to prove a negative.

what Ayn Rand could not understand is that the majority of the self's need God I know I need God for the aspiration of virtue which defines the self.

Ayn Rand is a personal favorite, I agree with her on most everything, but of course no one can get everything right.

The only way her philosophy works is with God, otherwise she is only explaining material selfishness.

"stuff" doesn't make us who we are nor define us...

edit on 28-2-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join