It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The stone cold and sobering truth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It appears you have reached the zenith of your life, and perhaps chosen the path of least resistance, thus your apathy. Your opinion is inconsequential, and ultimately of no value. It's a given that were born, and after a short or long time we die. Nothing ominous there, except our own perceived expectations. And even then, it needn't be ominous, but rather a Celebration our time here and of those we have loved. I have no words of cheer for you, nor would I bother to share them with you as I feel it would be a fools errand. We are all Beautiful people in some way however, just some more than others. I hope you lose your funk, and embrace Life, but if not, you have wasted precious time.
www.youtube.com...

For others of us though, there is our own perceived Hope.........

edit on 1-3-2015 by Plotus because: Perhaps there is hope....

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There was someone who rose from the dead who says otherwise:

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

“Because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay”
(Psalms 16:10).

Enoch is a prime example of eluding death and ascending into the realm of spirit:

He lived a total of 365 years, and instead of dying he “…walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away”
(Genesis 5:24).

“By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death…”
(Hebrews 11:5).

If you can ascertain the truths of the bible and take action upon your renewed beliefs you can do as Enoch, Jesus, and Elijah did. Stop spreading this hopelessness. Seek the real truth

The Savior said “There is no sin, but it is you who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultery, which is called sin… That is why you become sick and die, for you are deprived of the one who can heal you… Beware that no one lead you astray saying Lo here or lo there! For the Son of Man is within you. Follow after Him! Those who seek Him will find Him…”

(Mary Magdelene 4:26, 28, 34-36).

edit on 1-3-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Birth and death happen to everyone. I am not that sure if this makes a death an experience of beeing alone.

Even the word "alone" indicates a relationship. Alone can only be when someone is missing, which makes the someone existent and for real. See, alone can never be experienced "totally" because of this dependence from someone else. So when dying alone for real and absolute, you can only be in the event of dying without beeing alone. only be.

But to be means to be. And to die means not to be. So we must be in the not beeing, and alone in the impossibility of beeing alone?

This definition of reality seems not very accurate.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Well after that negativity you better stop having sex having a couple of drinks enjoying driving fast vehicles flying to the air or enjoying life you sad sad sad individual

Definitely no star for you

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
The stone cold and sobering truth of the world is that no matter how much money you make or what your life accomplishments may bring you you are going to die miserable and alone. You will eventually die in a horrifying accident or you will experience a long and drawn out miserable death on a hospital bed. Your going to be incontinent, most of your family will forget about you, they will have a funeral or cremate your body and you will be forgotten in a years time.

Nothing you do at this point will have mattered. You will face death totally alone.

Thats reality folks.

So what?

I just got married in December of 2014 to my sweetie I have been living with 10 years and have known for 30 years. I just found out I have a 243 cholesterol which is very high, have a genetic history of heart disease, all my fathers brothers and himself died of heart disease in their 60's and im worse cus I only eat fried foods and smoke a lot ( when my e-cig is out)

I give myself 5 years because I wont get cut on or take pharmaceutical pills. I'm sure I have some artery blockages now at 47 cus my dad has a quadruple blockages at 55. I have what i believe to be angina too, pains in my arms that should not be there. I have a heaviness in my body like my blood is too thick and not circulating properly.

I am willing to cut my life short you see for the principles I believe in, thus leaving my new wife and step son without me in their life. Of course I'll fight it, with diet and normal natural remedies, and who knows, I might live to be 100.

I believe no one dies Ever unless it is their time to go. My will is made out and my family will be taken care of if it happens that I do die before I'm old.

I have prepared my wife for this eventuality already, so she knows she may have a short marriage. You may think i'm being unfair to her, but she really loves me.. doesn't seek to change my opinion but loves me for who I am - even if it means she will be without me soon.

So you see, the Cold Sobering Truth doesn't bother me at all, we are old friends.
edit on 1-3-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If nobody posted this, here you go. Its a collection of famous or at least know people and their comments just before or as they died.

www.mapping.com...

Interesting thread and your right we are all going at some point in life.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 1-3-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

Rodgers, James W. ( -1960) [American criminal] "Why yes, a bulletproof vest!" (On his final request before the firing squad.)

:-)
edit on 1-3-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

"It's better to burn out, than to fade away, my my hey hey" - Neil Young...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

Give up Dairy, flush the arteries out with Apple cider vinegar, two capfuls four times a day, after ten days decrease your BP. Meds, after four weeks you wont need Statins or much else. Have a Bacon Burger now and then, and you will see a hundred.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

NOT if you get shot,electrocuted or blown up.
It can be REAL fast then....
I hear drowning under water is peaceful,freezing to death is pretty easy or bleeding out.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Give up Dairy, flush the arteries out with Apple cider vinegar, two capfuls four times a day, after ten days decrease your BP. Meds, after four weeks you wont need Statins or much else. Have a Bacon Burger now and then, and you will see a hundred.

LOL, Thanks for the vote of confidence! Er,, I don't have problems with high blood pressure. it's normal, not even near bordrrline.

Er.. I hate to admit it but I had a bacon sandwich last night - only 8 slices of bacon on toast with mayo. For desert I had chili cheese fries, deep fried of course.

Seems I like deep fried a lil too much.. LOL I'm going to look into a Newave or AirFryer technology - so i can deep fry with only a teaspoon of oil - it might help. I'm already eating more salads and drinking glutton free beer ( Ha! Who gets that reference)? My big thing now is cutting down on fried foods BUT they tell you only 20 percent of Colesterol is from diet, 80 percent is formed in your liver - My diet hasnt changed in recent years so i'm thinking my liver is over producing colesterol - yet no one speaks of this posibility. No matter, i think all Dr's trained by the Americam medical Association are Quacks because they are only taight to relieve symptoms via drugs and Not to find and fix the cause of the problem.
edit on 1-3-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I think the doctors know, as they have a vested interest in looking after their own health. Although they look after their own financial health first. Most people cant be bothered to change their diet so its easier to hand out the pills and get the kickbacks. Although I read somewhere that the average lifespan of an MD is 52-56 years so what does that tell us.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

We are the now. We are the then. We are our tomorrow. Every moment we have the opportunity to write both our own history and the histories of those around us. You can sow kindness and joy with every action and every word. Or you can build yourself up. Your life is yours to live, as you see fit.

And when we do finally step off of this mortal coil, most of us will have lived over 27,000 days. That is over 26 million non-sleeping moments. Sure, maybe we are alone in that last moment. But we can spend the second to last moment making the world a better/different/wonderful place.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Another little known factoid... or myth from some old culture or another, is:

Humans (and everything else that lives) used to live forever... until one day, one too-clever human told another that they were afraid that maybe they all would stop someday? Like the day and night... but longer?

The fear took hold and materialized... death became common... then inevitable. The end (for the first time).

Think this is silly? Explain the placebo effect, then, smarty...

And to clarify, no, I don't really think this is so... but darnit, it COULD be... people should be mindful of the ideas they spread around... especially when the ideas are more like chlamydia, than the act that spreads it.

But existing in any manner at all is mind-blowing... and relativism holds all the answers we'll ever need to be content... if we want to be, that is.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Heh...

Back to the void already?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Who said you have to die op?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I hear you man. They try to call me a quack b/c i study Traditional Chinese Medicine which i started b/c of the health care system we have in the west.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

We should apply some reverse-psychology to this, if we really wanted to we could congratulate people that are about to die, "You've done well, get ready for the next step..."

A positive spin perhaps.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

they used to say when someone would die that they had past into glory.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
One day, when my quality of life falls below a standard which I set for myself, or if I become unwell.. I will take my own life.
That actually brings me quite the modicum of comfort. I know, that if I get sick and things are bad, I will able to end it. Knowing that is important for my quality of life in the mean time.

As for today, right now. Life is good because I am content. I am happy with the way things are.

(Before someone comments that "I am content therefore life is good", I would just like to add that I have adopted some Buddhist teachings and learned to be content in nigh on any situation, ergo, being content delivered happiness, or moreso permitted happiness to exist)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
We are alone together.

When we die, even if we are surrounded by family or friends, we are the only one actually dying and so we die alone.

When we live, even if we are surrounded by family or friends, we live alone in our own universe. (I forget which saint said that each persons soul/mind is a universe unto itself)

We will be forgotten within a generation.

We are told life has a greater purpose. Does it? Or do we tell ourselves that in order not to lose our minds at the thought of life being pointless?? We will find out when we die.

I understand the point the OP was making.
It may not be technically correct, but the premise behind it is sound, IMHO.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join