It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The stone cold and sobering truth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I'd like to think of it this way:

Life is like one of those timed shopping sprees. You can either meander around and take your time putting one or two items in your cart, or you can run around in a frenzy smashing and grabbing as much as you can.

At the end of the day, wouldn't you want your cart to be full of awesome stuff?

I say get out there and do, see, be and experience as much as you can allow yourself. We honestly have no idea what really happens after this, as we don't have people coming back and telling us what to expect. All we have is 2nd hand information and mystical religious texts.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You seem to swing back and forth a lot.

Read more Rumi.

👣

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
*Walks in room, reads OP, doesn't even read replies, writes this post, turns around and walks right back out with the unnerving feeling that today is just gonna be one of those days*

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

It's funny you say that. Rumi was my GO TO when I had my nervous breakdown.

I'm curious. Is that a common book (or works of literature, I should say) people experiencing a "dark night of the soul" read?

CdT

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

www.fromquarkstoquasars.com...

Check it out. No existentialism here. Just cold hard physics. We don't touch our clothes, we don't touch the ground, we don't touch the lips of our lovelies.... Makes you wonder!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

-Albert Pike

Death is certain. How you live is completely up to you.

Oh, and Beer is proof that God loves us. (I think Ben Franklin said that, but either way, I agree)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Oh, and Beer is proof that God loves us. (I think Ben Franklin said that, but either way, I agree)

Indeed he did. He also said:

"In wine there is Wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria."

link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: onequestion
The stone cold and sobering truth of the world is that no matter how much money you make or what your life accomplishments may bring you you are going to die miserable and alone. You will eventually die in a horrifying accident or you will experience a long and drawn out miserable death on a hospital bed. Your going to be incontinent, most of your family will forget about you, they will have a funeral or cremate your body and you will be forgotten in a years time.

Nothing you do at this point will have mattered. You will face death totally alone.

Thats reality folks.

Sounds as though you will not just die miserable.

Finest kind!

link   

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Sounds like a confused theory. At least confused theories are like sedatives for those who refuse to think beyond what they're told.

Sorry you are confused. Try reading it a few more times.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Such dogmatic narrow thinking this morning! How about you have another coffee and reread your OP, and substitute the words 'you may/might' for the 'you will' parts? Because with all due respect, your message is not coming across in the way you might have intended, nor is it complete or necessarily true.

If you are trying to say that birth and death are solo moments that happen at a particular instant, then I fully agree that they are. However, and there is a however, up to that very instant, one can be surrounded by family and friends and not feel miserable at all. It seems like a lifetime ago when I worked in the ER and other areas wherein death happened a lot and wherein I assisted in whatever way I could to accompany the family, the friends and the dying person.

I do know for certain that not all deaths are horrible and that not everyone is incontinent and miserable. Saying goodbye to loved ones can be difficult, and a lot depends on what kind of communication the dying person had with close ones. What really happens according to my observations is that in the process of dying, one becomes detached from this world and either accepts, or looks forward to, or fears the last moment and what, if anything lies beyond.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I said your theory was confused, not I. "Literally" confused.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We all have a terminal condition called life.

That said, dwelling on it isn't a good idea.......

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I agree. All of our successes, joys, loves, failures, suffering, losses, etc. all become futile pursuits when faced with the inevitably of death. Yet, they mean something deeply to us while we are here.

Nothing you do at this point will have mattered. You will face death totally alone.

This is why I try to let things just BE and to not focus so much on the state of the world and its woes....

Here is a link to your other thread: I'm curious as to how you weigh out or reconcile your thoughts in this thread compared to your thoughts in your other threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-2-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

STOP STEREOTYPING AGAIN AND AGAIN IN ALL YOUR THREADS AND LUMPING US INTO YOUR BOAT PLEASE. WE ARE NOT ALL YOU AND THANK GOODNESS WE DON'T ALL SHARE YOUR REALITY.

Thankyou for your consideration.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think your thread only applies to those who have to much money and still want more. While there are those who are constantly struggling with quick ways to make money who'd even sell their grandma, mother or even race. Where your trying to play out end results of likely scenarios.

That's the thing though in your OP, is that your trying say the obsession will kill them where their behavior acts plays out like crack head who wants more crack after they had some.

And all that hard work and backstabbing was in vain, like overcompensation for something they don't have. Quite the opposite of what a needy, or greedy person would say to some whose naive.

At the end of it, the main point your trying to presents is, Cracks bad for you.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

It more like a squirrel looking for a nut, and destroys the world in the process.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cogidubnus
a reply to: yuppa

www.fromquarkstoquasars.com...

Check it out. No existentialism here. Just cold hard physics. We don't touch our clothes, we don't touch the ground, we don't touch the lips of our lovelies.... Makes you wonder!

Oh i know about that but have they actually proved it 100 percent? If we didnt touch anything at all we would nto feel sensations would we? your nerves have to get stimulated. yeah he explains his theory on why we still feel things. I still find sometimes you have to accept things by observation,not just because "other atoms"act a certain way. How many of those atoms are alive? has no one considered atoms behaviours change depending on if the organism made of them is alive?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
My dad died 5 years ago, I think about him every day and his memory lives on.

Not everyone dies alone, many die with loved ones surrounding them, my grandfather being an example. He died 9 years ago and I think about him every day as well.

Thoughts like this aren't healthy, they lead to resentment and complacency in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
The stone cold and sobering truth of the world is that no matter how much money you make or what your life accomplishments may bring you you are going to die miserable and alone. You will eventually die in a horrifying accident or you will experience a long and drawn out miserable death on a hospital bed. Your going to be incontinent, most of your family will forget about you, they will have a funeral or cremate your body and you will be forgotten in a years time.

Thats reality folks.

While I respect your depressing misery. That is not the only way to go! There is always suicide or my personal favorite... A murder suicide shooting spree!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join