It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The stone cold and sobering truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The stone cold and sobering truth of the world is that no matter how much money you make or what your life accomplishments may bring you you are going to die miserable and alone. You will eventually die in a horrifying accident or you will experience a long and drawn out miserable death on a hospital bed. Your going to be incontinent, most of your family will forget about you, they will have a funeral or cremate your body and you will be forgotten in a years time.

Nothing you do at this point will have mattered. You will face death totally alone.

Thats reality folks.
edit on 2/27/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Thanks for the morning pick me up

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Just trying to shine a little light on everybody's day.

link   

Is it any wonder why people search for meaning and truth in their lives?

link   
So much for positive thinking.

What you describe may happen to some people, maybe even most people, but certainly not everyone. So that observation isn't accurate.
edit on 27-2-2015 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

link   

That is your reality.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Uhh, quoted instead of edit
edit on 27-2-2015 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

What you describe may happen to some people, maybe even most people, but certainly not everyone. So that statement observation isn't accurate.

No it has and will literally happen to every single person on the planet including you.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Nope, thats reality for all humans in this existence.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is intellectually challenging.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Please explain.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: MisterSpock

What you describe may happen to some people, maybe even most people, but certainly not everyone. So that statement observation isn't accurate.

No it has and will literally happen to every single person on the planet including you.

You can't make that statement based on any sort of facts. It's false, plain and simple.

Now, it may be your opinion but I get the impression(maybe incorrectly) that you are stating it as a fact.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Your going to die i don't care how many hours you spend meditating everyday this is a fact of life please stop trying to avoid that fact.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The stone cold and sobering truth of the world is that no matter how much money you make or what your life accomplishments may bring you you are going to die miserable and alone. You will eventually die in a horrifying accident or you will experience a long and drawn out miserable death on a hospital bed. Your going to be incontinent, most of your family will forget about you, they will have a funeral or cremate your body and you will be forgotten in a years time.

Nothing you do at this point will have mattered. You will face death totally alone.

Thats reality folks.

You must be a blast at parties.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

a reply to: MisterSpock

Your going to die i don't care how many hours you spend meditating everyday this is a fact of life please stop trying to avoid that fact.

I never said I wouldn't die, I said your statement(from a factual standpoint) is incorrect.

"You will eventually die in a horrifying accident or you will experience a long and drawn out miserable death on a hospital bed. Your going to be incontinent, most of your family will forget about you, they will have a funeral or cremate your body and you will be forgotten in a years time. "

You make it sound like everyone will die old and alone, wasting away.

There are a lot of people who die at a young age, possibly while doing something that is bringing them great joy or the "feeling of being alive" hence the term "died doing what he/she loved".

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Life is a a landfill of suffering, loss and disappointment, but if one lives artistically enough, it can be flourished with exquisite bliss and beauty.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
whellp, on that note I'm going back to bed.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have played this game with people too. I have often claimed to strangers and friends a like that We are born into this world alone and we die alone. People really don't like to here this. I have had strangers get angry with me and yell at me. One guy at a bar got in my face, pushed me several times and told me I was wrong and my mother didn't love me because I assumed I was alone when I was born. I was very surprised at the animosity that these people showed to me? I don't see it as a negative. I see it as rather enlightening and almost makes death more acceptable. Maybe this life, this test, is all based on the merit of you are alone. Completely and utterly alone, how will you interact with existence? What will you do with zero conscious connection to anything but your own mind? Even physical contact is an illusion as it is impossible for any object to actually make contact with any other objects. Only the electromagnetic fields make connection when "touching". Maybe when we die we go back to being whole, together and one?

I find it interesting that so many see this as a completely negative view. We are all alone together. Like death, it is one of the few things that every human being, every living entity (that we know of) has in common. Nice post, glad to know I am not alone on the matter.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

LOL. Well then. I hadn't planned on drinking before 9:00 a.m. Then I read your post.
edit on 27-2-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You seem worried, did you think yourself as something that was permanent?

" You will eventually die in a horrifying accident or you will experience a long and drawn out miserable death on a hospital bed."

Surely there are more options than that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join