It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Is Extremely Quiet, Scientists Worry We Are Entering Ice Age

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Yeah me too and thats what i have the position that i do and im telling you your uneducated.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Here,as i said,we won't be seeing one in our lifetimes.
geology.utah.gov...

Ice ages last many years and take many years to occur...its normal.

Sunspots are a common thing much like ice ages that take a long time to happen and a long time to go away.

When people act like things like this are the end of the world...I have to bring history up....and no I haven't read any of your threads.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: SteeBoo

CO2 does trap in heat, but the claim from Global Warming alarmists is that the effect is exponential in magnitude when it's really linear.

No "Global Warming alarmist" with any scientific education has ever said anything like that.

So you can get a small amount of warming from increased CO2, but not nearly enough to cause the effects that warmists are worried about. You also have consider that Earth has had much higher levels of atmospheric CO2 in Earth's climate past and there were none of the devastating impacts were are told will occur.

Really? Human civilization didn't exist then. Humans didn't exist then. There were mass extinctions and the sea level was much higher.

Also, the sun's lowered activity will have a lag time before we will see it here. We're just now getting to where we might start seeing that impact. The sun has been in a period of heightened activity and that extra energy has caused a lot of heat.

No it hasn't. This has been measured. It's from more greenhouse forcing, not more solar forcing.

Water is an effective heat storage.

True.

We see that heat bleeding off into the atmosphere and maintaining things.

False. Global ocean heat content has been going up quite steadily (experimentally measured), taking up heat which would otherwise be in the surface & atmosphere from increased greenhouse radiative forcing.

But if nothing else, the lack of significant El Nino activity should be telling us that the regimes has switched and are switching to something else, something not governed by heat.

The lack of significant El Nino does correspond to a new climate phase. Everything in climatology is governed by laws of physics, heat included.
edit on 26-2-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Really? Human civilization didn't exist then. Humans didn't exist then. There were mass extinctions and the sea level was much higher.

Actually your completely wrong here. What about Gobleki teppe? What about the minoan and roman warming periods when there was more C02 in the atmosphere?

What about solar activity you really dont think that has an affect? If you think that solar activity has less of an impact on our climate patterns than humans you lack a general basic understanding of climate.

Source

The sun is the source of most of the energy that drives the biological and physical processes in the world around us—in oceans and on land it fuels plant growth that forms the base of the food chain, and in the atmosphere it warms air which drives our weather. The rate of energy coming from the sun changes slightly day to day. Over many millennia in the Earth-Sun orbital relationship can change the geographical distribution of the sun’s energy over the Earth’s surface.

I recommend you educate yourself before spreading ignorance. If your only frame of reference is mainstream western science than i also recommend expanding your horizons.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A really interesting read if you are interested in the effects of such things as this are diaries kept during the Dalton Minimum. Many years ago I read several journals kept by Shakers which included weather observations as well as the daily activities of the community. Such accounts give us a better understanding of the actual, physical effects of such events on a neighborhood or region. Looking at temperature graphs may be fascinating but reading of crop failures due to snow in June brings home the reality.
I believe there are several journals kept by monks in Europe which detail the weather changes and the effects there.
Scientists now postulate that the "Year with no summer", I think it was 1816 or thereabouts, was due to the combined effect of sun spots and volcanic activity.
Just imagine what would happen to food prices if the entire corn/soy bean crop of North America was wiped out by a storm system by a freeze in June.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The obvious question is:

Is the Sun responsible for Earth temperatures or not?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plugin
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

www.skepticalscience.com...

In the last 35 years of global warming, the sun has shown a slight cooling trend. Sun and climate have been going in opposite directions. In the past century, the Sun can explain some of the increase in global temperatures, but a relatively small amount.

For the last 16 years there has been no global warming, NASA satellites attest to that. (Various reports, climate depot)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

Goes against it or is it just a co-factor in climate change?
well lets see... mankind produces about .000006 of atmospheric CO2 which has an effect of about .00003 percent on global temperatures. meanwhile...

that big Glowing ball thingy in the sky causes about 99.999999 percent of glow ball smarming.

which do you think is the biggest factor in climate?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Of course are you kidding?

The earth would be a deadzone without the sun and the atmosphere.

There would be no life on the planet without the sun feeding everything energy give me a break.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
cause you know...

I think that big glowing ball of freaking fusion plasma in the sky has something to do with it.

call me crazy but i think if we did away with it it'd be a heck of a lot colder here.

especially if you consider that even AGW acolytes admit if every human took a dirt nap right now it would take about 2 centuries for that to have an effect of a quarter of a degree.

anything less drastic? like merely wrecking the economies of every nation on earth and enslaving everyone to a globally powerful enforcement and law agency? nada. zip. no effect. ever.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Your crazy the sun has nothing to do with the earth!

We dont even need it!
edit on 2/26/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

These are the kind of things I try to explain to the "intelligent" "scientists" who force feed AGW propaganda down peoples throats. No matter how advanced we become in the future with quantum computers, and with even more capable and complex weather model predictions, we will NEVER be able to predict the weather/climate.

There are too many factors that outweigh anything mankind can do that we can't predict. This is a fact, and no science can disprove that.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

no mankind is duh...stop farting brah! you are ruining the climate! That huge spherical ball of super hot plasma has NOTHING to do with the earths temperatures.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

Come on are you trying to tell me that the sun has something to do with the earth?

You must joking be right?

You think the sunlight has anything to do with the temperature?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Its a lot more pleasant outside to go on walks when the sun is shining on a chilly day than when the sun isn't shining. So I'll just leave you with that.

edit on 26-2-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Obviously the sun has an intrinsic connection with the earth youd have to be a total moron to think it didnt.

I mean come on are people really that stupid?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Goes against it. AGW is MAN MADE climate change. Do you understand the difference between man made and NOT man made?

Look up anthropogenic in the dictionary.

P.S -- ATS spell check...Anthropogenic is a real word, and that is how you spell it. Stop underlining it like it is wrong.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That would seem to be conventional wisdom, for sure.

But it has been proposed that i pay carbon tax's because its my fault that the weather is doing whatever the weather is doing. And when i have suggested that the sun is the primary driver of climate, it was not well recieved.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

The flatlining of solar X-ray output in recent days – Courtesy NOAA/Space Weather Prediction Center

According the graphic you posted, it would appear that the timeline is roughly over 24 hours, no?
36 hrs tops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join