It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Is Extremely Quiet, Scientists Worry We Are Entering Ice Age

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The Sun God is angry.

We must throw beads and trinkets and valuables at our village elders who know more than we do and can save us from the angry Sun God, but only if we throw enough beads and trinkets and we are found worthy.

If we are found unworthy, the Sun God will punish us regardless of what our great village elders can do.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The Sun God is angry.

We must throw beads and trinkets and valuables at our village elders who know more than we do and can save us from the angry Sun God, but only if we throw enough beads and trinkets and we are found worthy.

If we are found unworthy, the Sun God will punish us regardless of what our great village elders can do.

Not angry, just taking a little snooze for a bit. It's just the greedy high priests who want us to think we've done something to anger Grandfather Sun. Maybe we just need to have a vigorous drum circle and wake him up before White Mother of the North spreads her white blanket even further south!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Perhaps if we give the Sun God the elder priests, they can talk to the Sun God and ask him to return before the White Mother comes to eat our crops.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Going against the "agenda" is bad for your health. Just be a good little citizen, and feel guilty for ever being born.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

This is why AGW aka global warming, now climate change exists. It allows polluters to pollute(which is the real problem), and get away with it. As long as they pay a carbon tax(ready set tax loopholes) it is okay.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: diggindirt

Perhaps if we give the Sun God the elder priests, they can talk to the Sun God and ask him to return before the White Mother comes to eat our crops.

Well there was a time when just dancing 'round a large bonfire au naturale was enough. Perhaps we could begin there and hold off on the sacrifices for a bit.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Okay, now you're just purposely throwing around disinformation.

You know damn well we have to sacrifice a bunny into the mouth of the volcano god to be found truly worthy... the elder priests only handle the beads and trinkets.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Again, consider the source.

I have never heard of the website of the source.

Looking at other headlines on the website, they are tabloidish, sensational, with a bent toward conspiracy theories. No, I think I'll stick to websites with FACTS.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

The Sun God would grow angry at such a waste of Lupine Majesty.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You've been dipping into the carrot juice again, haven't you ?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

You've been dipping into the carrot juice again, haven't you ?

Just a wee tribute to the Almighty Sun God and his little brother Scotch Bottle.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: onequestion

That would seem to be conventional wisdom, for sure.

But it has been proposed that i pay carbon tax's because its my fault that the weather is doing whatever the weather is doing. And when i have suggested that the sun is the primary driver of climate, it was not well recieved.

Somewhere along the way the masses were convinced humanity was the primary driver of the climate. That's the only way to convince people to pay taxes on inclement weather. A bit like sacrifices for the sun god. Only now we just pay with our pocketbook rather than our lives.

Can we consider that advancement?
Sometimes the reality I live in is far crazier than the sci-fi books I read.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I would agree that it is advancement, but people are paying with their lives in other ways because of the AGW agenda. It isn't as easy to see because no heads are being chopped off and thrown down steps of pyramids, but far more are actually dying as a result.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhimsyTheory
Suspicious 0bservers - The Next Ice Age - An Introduction to a Possible Shift Soon

Start there!

Do what this man says. This explains alot that the average person doesnt consider when it comes to earths atmospheric conditions

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
"The wheels on the bus go round and round.
round and round.
round and round.
The wheels on the bus go round and round,
all through the town!"

1970's Global Cooling Alarmism

During the 1970s the media promoted global cooling alarmism with dire threats of a new ice age.

I had an instructor in college geology classes in the 1970's who was all in on this idea. He and pretty much the entire academic community were pushing this in the same way Global Warming has been pushed in recent years.

He was so sold on it and thought it so important, he had us memorizing verbatim whole pages of text on it and the test was to write out the text with no errors. Many classes that should have been on other things were interrupted by his inability to stop his alarmist teachings on this topic. Anyone who did not immediately accept it were considered useless dweebs. No way could the scientific community involved be wrong.

All the trees north of the Canadian border were supposed to be dead by the year 2000. Arable farmland was supposed to be reduced to the level massive starvation was inevitable by now.

Yep, science is never wrong and anyone not in lockstep is a fool

edit on 2/26/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I see people on here who have bought into the idea that the Earth is warming. Yes, it is if you believe the "cooked" data the AGW people are using to extract money from all our pockets.

Fact is the Sun drives weather on Earth and humanity who represent very few parts per billion of the atmosphere have exactly zip to do with it other than non weather affecting chemical pollution.

The so called "climate scientists" have left the Sun totally out of the equation simply by factoring in a set "watts per square meter" for the heat from the Sun.

Sunspots, the magnetic storms on the Sun protect the Earth from Cosmic rays. Cosmic rays interact with the water vapor in the atmosphere to form clouds. Low Sunspot activity = more clouds = less solar radiation = cooling atmosphere.

Yes, we are headed for another mini-ice age and the AGW blithering idiots have convinced governments to spend untold millions on doing things to cool an already cooling atmosphere. I wonder how many people will die as a result of their insanity.

So the people that are just so convinced that the kick ass winter is a direct result of AGW have really been drinking their bathwater and who knows what else. That anyone is so stupid as to make the statement that its cold because its getting warmer is beyond me and is no doubt one of the most laughable concepts I have ever heard in my 67 years on this planet.

As one Russian scientist said several years ago, "Buy blankets, its going to get cold"

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SubSea

Well said!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm more interested in finding out exactly what effects solar energy output has on the North Atlantic Oscillation, and to what degree. I suspect it takes very minimal changes in energy output to drastically alter oceanic oscillations.

If this 'flat lining' continues for any great length of time, we may finally have some answers to past interglacial warming/cooling interim phases.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

That is ridiculous that your teacher made you memorize alarmist propaganda in college. ...I should be surprised, but sadly I am not. The same thing is going on now, only on a much larger scale on campuses all around this country, and the world.

While it may end up being a good thing in some respects(people switching to greener energy sources), the AGW hoax is just a way to divert the public's attention, pull at their ignorant heart strings, and siphon more freedoms/money out of their pockets.

Carbon offsets, carbon taxes, carbon emission trading....seriously?!

Why people go along with that mindless drivel is beyond me. Nobody even questions it at all. The Carbon Market is a much bigger illusion than Wall Street could ever be. Trading and manipulating prices on things we can't see or properly measure....BRILLIANT!

You gotta give it to em though. TPTB are much smarter than the masses will ever be. They are playing 4d chess, while the plebeians play with themselves.
edit on 26-2-2015 by c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3
a reply to: Blaine91555

Carbon offsets, carbon taxes, carbon emission trading....seriously?!

That is the problem ^^^

Not a doubt in my mind that climate change is happening and has been happening throughout the entire history of the planet. What part of that is currently related to our activity on the planet is still an unknown in my opinion. We have what, maybe 130 or so years of data and much of the older data is likely so flawed as to be useless.

For some reason people can't seem to set aside the whole warming/cooling debate and take a hard look at the things you mentioned and recognize it for what it is.

In the academic community with people pushing and shoving their way in line for the limited research dollars, it should be a given that some will knowingly push the limits of credulity to get their share and survive.

As far as the need to go to clean energy sources, no problem here, it is needed. But it must be done in a way that does not throw out the baby with the bathwater and destroy economies embracing technology that is no yet ready for prime time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join