It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found some proof of bouncing missle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I can't seem to find the thread, but the video showed a UFO bouncing off the ground. Debunkers said it was a bomb. Well here is proof one can bounce after a strong impact. m.liveleak.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles
I think this is the video your referring to

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
I can't seem to find the thread, but the video showed a UFO bouncing off the ground. Debunkers said it was a bomb. Well here is proof one can bounce after a strong impact. m.liveleak.com...

That was crazy!! Sorry nothing substantial to add.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Shakawkaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Thank you. Yes exactly. I find the original great, and was hoping it was a legit UFO. This new evidence is pretty conclusive though.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sorry, this is no where near new. It was filmed in 1997. I am trying to find where it was proven to be a missile.

ATS UFO Crash Caught on Video (explain this video)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-2-2015 by ObservingTheWorld because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2015 by ObservingTheWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

Assuming you did not watch the ll video?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Of course a bomb can bounce. There are various factors that would determine whether this occurred, such as the angle of impact, whether the bomb explodes upon impact, the composition of the material being impacted, how much the bomb deforms upon impact, etc...I would not think this happens all that often, unless for some reason the bomb was designed to bounce. Perhaps by bouncing, and thus being further off of the ground, the blast will be more dispersed, meaning a wider blast radius. I don't know if that is accurate, but it might be one possibility for such a device. I still think it is more likely for a bomb to not explode right away, and just bounce. I am not that knowledgeable regarding the explosive devices themselves, as I am more interested in strategy on the whole, including the various ways in which air power can be used at both the tactical and strategic levels.

So you've got conventional explosive devices, including missiles and bombs. Bombs are what they drop from aircraft, and these are "dumb" bombs in that they have no guidance system. I'm sure that the military has worked on guidance system for bombs at some point, but I don't know if there are any guided bombs in any military arsenal. Bombs are usually cheaper to produce than missiles, so it is possible. Anyway, missiles are guided and bombs are not, as a rule of thumb. I bring up missiles because I imagine one of those could bounce as well, given the right conditions and circumstances. There are both bombs and missiles that will not explode upon striking the ground or a building, usually because of the way they're designed. As an example there are the bunker busters, which have a time delay specifically to have time to penetrate soil and concrete, thus getting into a protected bunker, before exploding. So I will repeat that I believe such bouncing would be accidental, but it should not be impossible. But then again, a bomb dropped from altitude will be traveling at such a high speed that it would be hard to imagine it doing any bouncing at all. The same goes for missiles as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I've seen many, many times.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
RAF Mosquito's were skipping bombs into railway tunnels from low level during WW2 to attack trains carrying supplies and troops that were hiding.

Also if i recall F-15s were doing something similar with laser guided ones during the first gulf war attacking from low level, one behind the other targeting hardened structures. The first blowing the hardened doors off. The second one locking onto the hole and threading the needle so to speak. Although I'm not sure if they needed to skip them

Peace.

M.

edit on Feb000000Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:18:47 -0600Tuesday20152015-02-24T16:18:47-06:00k by murlock because: Extra info

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Not a very good comparison, this video with the original. This mixing of terms "bombs" with "missiles" is crazy. I don't know what the original object was, but it definitely was leaving an exhaust trail all during its flight, it was not tumbling as you would expect. A major difference between a bomb and a missile is that a standard bomb is heavily constructed and a missile is about 90% of a structure supporting the warhead--if indeed this object even had a warhead. A missile would never have survived that first kiss.

Given that the recording of it was evidently done by the military at a most opportune or planned time, I think the only thing we can safely say is that the military was involved.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19044116]Aliensun[/post

Well laser guided bomb is a missile. I was just at work. So was trying to throw it out here while it was fresh in my mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I was always under the impression that a missile is very different from a bomb and a rocket...

Bombs are delivered to the target by the means of a primary weapons platform. dropped from that platform and are either.

"dumb" with no guidance just stabilizing fins for semi predictable accuracy
"high drag" Which also have fins to slow the bomb to allow deployment of larger munitions at lower altitudes so as the primary platform does not get caught in the blast of the munition also semi predictable accuracy
Or "smart" Dropped by a primary platform and guided by a combination of a laser or IR seeker or GPS unit and steering vanes for greater accuracy and better standoff range when used from altitude.

All of them only use gravity for the final stage of delivery not a propultion system.

A "Rocket" Is combination of the primary platform and a "dumb" bomb packaged together so it can be fired in the general direction of the target area for saturation purposes,The primary platform being destroyed on delivery. Usually used en masse. such as the Katushya rocket truck and nerbelwerfer from WW2.

A "Missile" is likewise a combination a primary platform and warhead that is guided by internal or external means.

Not being an ass but that's just how I thought it was.
Different tools for different jobs

Peace..

M.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I believe it was debunked as a missile... what is visible is the exhaust plume, not the missile itself.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
JDAM bombs have guidance fins and infrared guidance units fitted, they are just 'dumb' bombs upgraded to 'smart' so long as the carrier aircraft has an infrared designator.
The fins are big enough that the bomb can be launched miles away by the carrier aircraft and the bomb glides to its destiny.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: murlock

Close. A rocket is similar to a missile but smaller. Rockets until recently were unguided saturation weapons. During Vietnam they were called Zoomies because they'd go just about everywhere but where they were pointed. They're always powered though.

There are new ER bombs that carry a booster that is used at launch, then it burns out and drops off.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I think you mean Zoomies as a slang term for these wild flying guys Zuni Rockets.

I always thought it was Missiles are guided and Rockets are not. Hence why private "rocketeers" are not allowed to use a guidance system as they are then regarded as missiles which are prohibited for civilian use. size is irrelevant.
like sidewinders are smaller than the katushya

Peace.

M.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It's more to do with size. Rockets are generally smaller and carried in pods. There are new rockets related to Zunis that are guided.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Quoting from wikipedia.

The word missile comes from the Latin verb mittere, meaning "to send".

In military usage, munitions projected towards a target are broadly categorised as follows:

A powered, guided munition that travels through the air or space is known as a missile (or guided missile).
A powered, unguided munition is known as a rocket.
Unpowered munitions not fired from a gun are called bombs whether guided or not; unpowered, guided munitions are known as guided bombs or smart bombs.
Munitions that are fired from a gun are known as projectiles whether guided or not. If explosive, they are known more specifically as shells or mortar bombs.
Powered munitions that travel through water are called torpedoes (an older usage includes fixed torpedoes, which might today be called mines).
Hand grenades are not usually classed as missiles.

A common further sub-division is to consider ballistic missile to mean a munition that follows a ballistic trajectory and cruise missile to describe a munition that generates lift, similar to an airplane.

Thats what I said in the first place

I think the newer guided Zuni's only keep the work rocket for nostalgia heheh

Peace.

M.
edit on Feb000000Wed, 25 Feb 2015 10:03:39 -0600Wednesday20152015-02-25T10:03:39-06:00k by murlock because: something i noticed

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It's evolving. A laser guided Zuni is still a rocket, not a missile. That used to be true, when they couldn't get a guidance system small enough to fit on a rocket. Now they can.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I feel like i kinda derailed this thread....

Does that make a Saturn 5 a missile or a rocket lol. it is guided after all

I think we have just found a lack of pure definition or poor naming of modern stuff.

Back to the OP anyway... Looks very much propelled. but quite strong in manufacture as it looks to have taken the first bounce quite well lol. kinda like when falling down the stairs! The second bounce, not so much of course lol

judging by the fairly small debris cloud and fireball it looks like a fairly simple structure carrying a fairly small amount of fuel at that point too.

Peace.

M.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join