It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Found some proof of bouncing missle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:22 AM
a reply to: murlock

Again, size.

This was probably a missile near the end of its fuel supply. If it was a test it probably didn't have a warhead on board, explaining the small explosion.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:26 AM
a reply to: Zaphod58

Defo agree with you on that one

Bounces quite nicely though

edit on Feb000000Wed, 25 Feb 2015 10:27:12 -0600Wednesday20152015-02-25T10:27:12-06:00k by murlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:40 AM

Banes Wallis invented " The Bouncing Bomb" for the RAF in WW 11. Used on the famous " Dambusters Raid "

edit on 25-2-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:42 AM
a reply to: alldaylong

Which was incredibly high tech for the time. That was a interesting mission to study.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:01 AM

Quite a few lives lost during its development and deployment too, for what I would call negligible effect. A shame really.

Nice idea but a dam is one real tough nut to crack by design. Even when at the time the bouncing bomb was way ahead, technologically speaking.

Would be a totally mad thing to do nowadays with the civilian impact definitely outweighing its military impact. But it would be interesting to see given the need in the modern era on how that would be developed and deployed now. Although i would estimate that there are various weapons that would destroy the dam in other ways It would be interesting to see it done using the same technique i.e. sinking the bomb to the base to take advantage of non compressibility.

Lets call it a physics experiment

Damn where are the Mythbusters when you need them
that sort of thing would be right up their alleyway

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:20 AM
a reply to: pikestaff

There is also the fairly new GBU-39 SDB (Small Diameter Bomb) system where the "bomb" deploys lift generating wings and can glide for a very long way indeed. Although the maximum range is probably classified information its just down to the altitude they are released at to gain it. limited by air density I would think though.

Its also said they can be sent targeting information after release and even to self destruct if needed.

Add to that a triple fused warhead of relatively small size that is capable of Air burst, point detonation (on impact) and penetrating delayed mode to destroy shallow underground assets and incredible accuracy and you have an excellent low collateral damage weapon.

Light weight also means that a single multi role fighter jet, drone or AC-130 can carry upwards of 20 of them to engage and destroy a very wide range of targets with good standoff range without risking civilian lives.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:35 PM
I think the video everyone is referencing is the one it shows an object skipping on the ground then on the second bounce explodes ...or hits something that explodes. They had the vid on UFO Hunters and an expert said it was not a missle. What i have noticed there is some kind of propulsion trail and after the first bounce it like throttles up and tilts up a little. Then the second bounce explodes or as i think hit its target. I dont think it is a UFO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>