It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Crash Caught on Video (explain this video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I searched and searched for a thread that debunks this video but all I can find is people claiming that it has been debunked with no links or proof or anything showing the debunking.

This is a video of a UFO (and people UFO is simply Unidentified Flying Object) bouncing or 'skipping' once then crashing. I have read through every thread I could find on this but haven't found any post that puts the video in perspective or otherwise clarifies what it is.

Here is the video.......

Related thread......... www.abovetopsecret.com

-Alien
edit on 4/24/2012 by Alien Abduct because: title change

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I think the general consensus is the video show a failed missile test at white sands missile range New Mexico .

This one has been floating around the internet for about 7 months. It supposedly shows the crash of a UFO at or near the White Sands Missile Range in southern New Mexico, circa 1997. The footage was “surfaced” by a guy named Ted Loman, who is a story in himself.

When asked about the source of the video, Loman is apparently evasive and has hinted that he received it from Mexican UFO media maven Jaime Maussan–hardly a monument of integrity himself.

www.ufomystic.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

As I've understood it, this was a missile test, but, since I don't have any sources to back that up, it could very well be anything.
I'm poking around to see what, if anything I can find on the matter.

Edit: never mind, Gortex needs to wear a cape or something he's so fast. Thank you Gortex!

edit on 24-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I've seen the video before. And read the same explanation, which is more than likely the correct one.

However, what has always puzzled me about this clip is that if it is a missile - a long tubular airframe - and considering the immense forces exerted upon it by the first impact, and considering its incoming trajectory is smooth (no wobble or spinning) and we see the missile - I'm assuming sideways on - hit the ground so hard, why does it skip back up into the air in the same trajectory - with the same profile to the camera - and not flipping and pitching wildly? Try throwing something long and make it skip perfectly...

A disc will...

Now, I'm no expert in flow mechanics, but that does seem odd to me.

Perhaps it's not a missile, but a prototype aircraft. A saucer shaped one.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That's what I hear too and it does seem to be the general consensus.

However I can't find where it has been shown to be a missile. I'm not saying that it is not a missile. Perhaps it has just been assumed to be a missile?

The link you provided gave some alleged background on the person who allegedly initially provided the video but doesn't show how it is a missile. Cool read tho.

-Alien

edit on 4/24/2012 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I think the general consensus is the video show a failed missile test at white sands missile range New Mexico .

This one has been floating around the internet for about 7 months. It supposedly shows the crash of a UFO at or near the White Sands Missile Range in southern New Mexico, circa 1997. The footage was “surfaced” by a guy named Ted Loman, who is a story in himself.

When asked about the source of the video, Loman is apparently evasive and has hinted that he received it from Mexican UFO media maven Jaime Maussan–hardly a monument of integrity himself.

www.ufomystic.com...

Why would a missile brightly glow white like that and have no apparent fins, nor other typical aerodynamic features or shape?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I must concur, I am not sold on the missile theory regarding this video.

Yes, there are some questionable sources involved, yet, I feel this warrants further study.

Like the OP, I searched around a bit, and could not find anything truely debunking this specific video.

I shall return once I have collected more data.

vvv

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Awesome! I could use a hand in the search for the right answers for this video.

Thanks VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep and everyone else that is helping with this. Lets either put this to rest or bring it to light.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
In my opinion it is a missile. You can see the exhaust trial left by the rocket motor behind the "glowing" part.

If it was a UFO I would think that they have a better system of propulsion than a rocket motor.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MechEng09

Rocket propelled disc shaped aircraft then? Is that a possibility?

Does a rocket driven missile explain the fact that it doesn't spin head over heels or around its central axis - or a dizzying mix of both - when it hits the ground on the first occasion? I'm not being pedantic about this. I'd just like it explained to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm no expert but two things don't seem right for it to be a missile. First is as someone else said if it was a missile surely it would of been destroyed in the first impact there seems to be no change in movement after the impact too. Secondly I could be totally wrong but at the very start of the video the flight path of the "UFO" seems to decend and then try and pull up before it hit the ground if you get me. I could be completely wrong

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Fact or faked paranormal files (a tv series on sci-fi) did an episode on this video and they came up with the conclusion that it was a rocket. They did a pretty good job of re-creating what is seen in the video and the episode can be found on youtube so you can watch it and come to your own conclusion on it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I like how it seems to propel itself off the ground after it hit it the first time.

It could be a rocket, imo, I wouldn't claim rocket because the trail left behind is faint.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Fact or faked paranormal files (a tv series on sci-fi) did an episode on this video and they came up with the conclusion that it was a rocket.

Thanks for the lead , here it is ...

Rocket conclusion from 6.50

edit on 24-4-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by gortex

Hey your welcome gortex. I think fact or faked get a little sketchy with their experiments sometimes, but I think they nailed it on the head on this one.

ETA: I know as a mobile user myself that video embedded on the main site appears as (video) so im going to add a link to the video in gortex's post for the mobile users (monkeygod333) Here you go

edit on 24-4-2012 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2012 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I highly doubt it is a rocket, especially because of the first impact.

If one looks at rocket design the main principle is to get a certain mass as far from the clutches of gravity using a single point of force. Thus, it is safe to assume that weight saving, wherever possible, is a priority.

Ad to that, if you will, that the design only caters for the support of the missile allong its vertical axis, which means that they only design it so that it doesnt collapse under the force of the thrusters. Thats it.

The guidance system is designed to to keep the missile on a straight and level flying path. Its not like a jet that has to withstand amazing g forces because on a jet the main lift is is generated at the wings, which puts the point of rotation at the centre.

With missiles the lack of lift is made up with the massive thrust, at the back of the missile, and the controll surfaces are also at the back, so the missiles point of rotation is at the back of theairframe.

The further back the point of rotation, the lesser effect any severe attitude changes will have on the airframe. Point and squirt.

What I'm getting at, finally, is that missiles are not designed to hit the ground and bounce back up with no relative damages or change in the flight path. Come to think of it, a disk would do all those things quite well.

Show me a video where a missile bounces off a tank or a building, any video. And dont tell me its because the ground is soft.

Mg3

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Slow ATS day. This has been posted before here.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth
This has been posted before here.

See here:
- 1997 New Mexico Crash Footage
- UFO Crash Caught on Video in New Mexico
- Any info on this video of a UFO crash?
- UFO crash vid
- UFO? Crash footage
- Just stumbled across something - highly regarded ufo, disproven?

And especially this one:
- Mexican UFO crash

...where we learn that it was:
- from 12m8keall2c admin: "... supposedly "a small scale model of the X-38 space 'Liferaft' crashed on a small scale test range, with the range control officer executing a self-destruct procedure before it landed"
- from member free_spirit: This clip was taken from an old documentary about military aircraft and then created a fake story about a UFO crashing in New Mexico. The story was invented by mexican Daniel Muñoz who copied the documentary and extracted the clip. Then he gave copies to british Graham Birdsall from the UFO Magazine and other researchers in several ufo conventions. Some years ago Daniel Muñoz confessed the hoax during a radio interview and he said he planted a fake evidence as an experiment.This is the infamous video clip from that documentary. At minute 1:00."

See here for 1'24" extract of this old documentary.
edit on 24-4-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
What I'm getting at, finally, is that missiles are not designed to hit the ground and bounce back up with no relative damages or change in the flight path. Come to think of it, a disk would do all those things quite well.

Show me a video where a missile bounces off a tank or a building, any video. And dont tell me its because the ground is soft.

I thought gortex's video (above) from Fact or Fiction decisively showed that a rocket can skip off of the ground.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've always thought this was an interesting video. Can someone please explain the apparent luminosity of the object, or is that something that doesn't fit into the missile/rocket theory? Is it typical for missiles to give off light like that when they're flying close to the ground?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join