It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Army Downs 2 UK Planes Carrying Weapons for ISIL

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

If there’s any truth to this story believe me it will be as buried as a dead man soon If it isn’t already buried.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: iskander683

There are plenty of private companies around the world that would be easy enough to hire to deliver cargo. Just because the aircraft were British doesn't necessarily mean government.

Yes, and correct me if I am wrong, but some of these British private companies could be of Muslim ownership?

This story is in desperate need of more facts. I for one want to know the truth - if our govts are arming Isis then it's time for a people's revolution. If it's shady terrorist groups that are using UK businesses as a front, then we need to root this evil out and hang them to dry.
edit on 23-2-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

This is all BS and nonsense, and here's why...

1. Why would a government arming both sides use identifiable planes to do it?
2. If a government wanted to arm both sides, they would not be using military routes, they would be using contractors they could then distance themselves from.
3. Arming both sides might be considered "profitable" for a corporation, but it would be a massive risk to any government and not worth that potential profit - profit that the government (and the RAF) would not see.
4. Most of those in the RAF would have called the Guardian by now if this was actually happening.

I'm sure there are another 100 reasons why this is obviously BS, but I have a feeling those who want to see a massive conspiracy will see one anyway, regardless of the complete lack of evidence and the complete rejection of common sense.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Of course. Or could be chartered by them.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Interestingly enough the only other source for that story is here...

www.islamicinvitationturkey.com...

Take it for what you will.

edit on 23-2-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This has Iranian propaganda written all over it.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: iskander683

I doubt they'd be using RAF aircraft to drop supplies to ISIS fighters, far too problematic. However, there are plenty of private security outfits out there with access to aircraft. Doesn't even need to be anything too large like a C-130, a medium twin-prop can still carry a decent payload.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The thing is, you don't just jump into a plane and fly around a freakin' war zone dropping stuff all over the place without having permission to be there. Your flight plan would be monitored and people would want to know what the hell you intended doing there. Therefore, those who control the airspace, and routes into and out of that zone will know exactly who is doing these drops.

If these aircraft have been shot down, people will be scrambling to get out the gag orders and be working on the cover stories in case the news went mainstream.
Is it outside the realms of possibility that contractors were airdropping stuff? Not really, it's easy to deny state knowledge, despite the above mentioned airspace monitoring.

Be interesting to see if any proof leaks out that was used to identify the aircraft and ownership.
edit on 933Mon, 23 Feb 2015 15:24:41 -060024283u15 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I will not say that such a scenario is impossible, but it will never be proven in my opinion, even if it is accurate. First the Iraqis would have to provide documentation that unequivocally proves who the aircraft belonged to, and where they were shot down. Then they will have to prove what the planes were carrying, as well as that the cargo was intended for ISIL. It is much more likely that the cargo was intended for Kurdish forces in my opinion. It is convenient for the Iraqis to say these things after they accidentally shot down two friendly aircraft. Instead of admitting a fault, just say that the friendly planes were carrying weapons for the enemy.

One of the huge problems I have with the idea that the US or her allies is supporting ISIL is as follows: If the US can establish stability in the region then there is a whole lot of money to be made. That is not to say money cannot be made during wartime, because defense contractors and others will make more money in a time of war. But more people will benefit from stability, financially speaking, including the US as a whole. So if the US wants stability then obviously they would not be supporting ISIL clandestinely. I believe that there potential benefits for the US during both war and peace in the region. But of course special interests must be separated from US interests. Certain individuals benefiting financially is not the same thing as the US benefiting financially. It is a very convoluted situation we are dealing with.

I will say that if the US or Britain or anyone else is supporting ISIL, that the leaders of these nations have no clue that it is occurring. I think that such a thing would be limited to the deep recesses of intelligence agencies like the CIA. You cannot get something like this through the bureaucracy either, and too many people would need to know. If done by intelligence agencies this is not the case. I might be wrong on that, considering that there is not much that has happened throughout history to compare with the current situation.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Iraqi and Kurdish military and intel sources

Do you have any links to Kurdish sources? (I'm personally not even sure what those would be, tbh)
....just asking.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: iskander683
I'm not being funny but I doubt that, after the budget cuts inflicted by this poxy tory government, the RAF would be able or willing to provide two Hercules to fly to Iraq and drop supplies to isis.

Then you don't know what the RAF are like. I've watched a surveillance Merlin fly around my town almost on a daily basis for 18 months, and that's gonna cost a tuck fun of fuel.

Anyway, this is just a news article with absolutely no proof whatsoever. In other words, videos or it didn't happen. Don't get me wrong, if it were true then I would not at all be surprised, but this is just some spiel from Iran so we have to be cautious.

edit on 23-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

This is all BS and nonsense, and here's why...

1. Why would a government arming both sides use identifiable planes to do it?
2. If a government wanted to arm both sides, they would not be using military routes, they would be using contractors they could then distance themselves from.
3. Arming both sides might be considered "profitable" for a corporation, but it would be a massive risk to any government and not worth that potential profit - profit that the government (and the RAF) would not see.
4. Most of those in the RAF would have called the Guardian by now if this was actually happening.

I'm sure there are another 100 reasons why this is obviously BS, but I have a feeling those who want to see a massive conspiracy will see one anyway, regardless of the complete lack of evidence and the complete rejection of common sense.

You might be right...then again...I find that any crime you commit these days, and if you're in position of power...just deny it...and don't print it in mainstream media.

That's usually enough to HOAX bin it...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

My question was sincere. I'm not a pilot. I know nothing of how this would be done.

How exactly would they determine that the payload was meant for X and not for Y ?

Well for propaganda purposes that sort of information isn't needed.

As far as British aircraft....well we need more on that as well.

Was this two separate flights, incidents, or at the same time? And how are they getting back to check it out if the things crashed behind enemy lines? If they were crashed behind the lines maybe they were shot down by ISIS then.

Also when did the Kurds ever say anything about air drops to the bad guys by British aircraft? And so these aircraft had regular right out in the open markings on them?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

ISIL is a creation of and by the usual suspects in the West and of course, the Mossad and Saudi Intelligence.

The plan is to wipe out Syria and then on to Iran...if Russia and China won't allow the West to set Syria up again with yet another 'chemical weapons' fiasco as a prelude to removing Governments they don't like, then what better way than to create a 'terrorist / Jihadist' force to do it for them and watch from the sidelines.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Link between ISIS and western powers such as US and UK has been established quite some time ago

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
interesting find soloprotocol.
the question is can it be connected to the fars article.
regards fakedirt
a reply to: Soloprotocol

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt
interesting find soloprotocol.
the question is can it be connected to the fars article.
regards fakedirt

It's been all over social media for a few days now, at first i couldn't find anything on Wreckage, Bodies etc, so i took it with a pinch of salt and left it just to see if there was some meat to the story. Well, we now have Bodies.

We need to know how many planes were involved and other than a "tragic accident" why the plane/planes came down.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This all Happened in 2005...Sorry folks..I jumped the gun.

2005 air crash in Bahgdad

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
daily mail website is misleading as the date in the upper right states 25th feb 2015 yet when I read the name Geoff Hoon it struck me as unusual.
anyway back to the shovel lol
f

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join