It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Army Downs 2 UK Planes Carrying Weapons for ISIL

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just found this so will be keeping an eye out for any further news on this.

english.farsnews.com...

"The Iraqi Parliament's National Security and Defense Committee has access to the photos of both planes that are British and have crashed while they were carrying weapons for the ISIL," Head of the committee Hakem al-Zameli said, according to a Monday report of the Arabic-language information center of the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq.

He said the Iraqi parliament has asked London for explanations in this regard.

The senior Iraqi legislator further unveiled that the government in Baghdad is receiving daily reports from people and security forces in al-Anbar province on numerous flights by the US-led coalition planes that airdrop weapons and supplies for ISIL in terrorist-held areas.

Interesting to say the least!
I know there have been many reports from Iraqi and Kurdish sources detailing mainly nighttime airdrops of supplies to ISIS forces, but the western media and governments have been very quiet on this issue. If this is true, it would sure put the cat amongst the pigeons and shine a new light on this dirty little episode in ME proxy wars.

If they have the wreckage and photos of the downed aircraft, then registrations, parts serial numbers etc will make the aircraft traceable. I wonder if they will turn out to be operated by multiple shady paper only holding companies based in tax havens with dodgy banking practices, just like many of the downed or crashed drug planes across world.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Fars?

I'm not gonna doubt it outright.

But I'll probably be the only one in that category.

Be prepared for the flames BritGuy!

I'm gonna sit back and watch this one.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Out of curiosity, how was it determined that these weapons were specifically destined for helping ISIL?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Fars?

I'm not gonna doubt it outright.

But I'll probably be the only one in that category.

Be prepared for the flames BritGuy!

I'm gonna sit back and watch this one.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I know, I expect flames on everything I post these days.

I know it's FARS but I doubt you'd see such things posted in the Daily Telegraph or on FOX News!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Out of curiosity, how was it determined that these weapons were specifically destined for helping ISIL?

Like I said above, Iraqi and Kurdish military and intel sources have been reporting these ISIS supply flights for quite some time and asking a lot of questions.

Edit to add, the supply drops are always falling into ISIS territory, so not destined for those fighting them or they'd be expecting the airdrops and would know who was flying them.
edit on 868Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:51:20 -060051281u15 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well they don't lie about everything...

So it's not impossible.

& you're right, true or not, this wouldn't reach our Media.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

My question was sincere. I'm not a pilot. I know nothing of how this would be done.

How exactly would they determine that the payload was meant for X and not for Y ?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

If it proves to be true, how many people here would really be surprised by this? The most profit is made when you are supplying both sides of a war effort.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am wondering about casualties on the aircrew. that may raise more eyebrows but alas I suspect private contractors which don't count as downed boots IF this is legit.

interesting find and I did read the entire link .

fakedirt.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I didn't know you'd asked a question...

But I think the answer is in Britguy's post above.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The article is decidedly lacking in any evidence.

I can only presume that by 'British', they mean RAF aircraft?

I'm not being funny but I doubt that, after the budget cuts inflicted by this poxy tory government, the RAF would be able or willing to provide two Hercules to fly to Iraq and drop supplies to isis.

Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems unlikely.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yepp, I asked how it was that we could actually tell for certain where the payload was destined for.

Britguy's animated gif response (although I am familiar with Black Adder (assuming that's the source), I am not getting the intended humor...) was in no way a response.

I asked, as a non-pilot who is completely unfamiliar with such things, how can we actually be certain where those weapons were headed for?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Am I reading this right? The OP is suggesting that the Royal Air Force are dropping supplies to ISIS? What a load of absolute nonsense. Why on earth would they do that?

Furthermore, the loss of two British planes over Iraq would be very difficult to cover up.

If this is true, I'll head to Iraq myself and join their group. Bloody hell.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: iskander683

There are plenty of private companies around the world that would be easy enough to hire to deliver cargo. Just because the aircraft were British doesn't necessarily mean government.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Question.

If Britain was supplying arms to IS, why are they flying over Iraq?

They could fly from RAF base in Cyprus and drop their load in IS held Northern Syria.

I think the report is compete propaganda.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The blackadder gif was me...

BritGuy said this;

originally posted by: nullafides

Like I said above, Iraqi and Kurdish military and intel sources have been reporting these ISIS supply flights for quite some time and asking a lot of questions.

Edit to add, the supply drops are always falling into ISIS territory, so not destined for those fighting them or they'd be expecting the airdrops and would know who was flying them.
edit on 868Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:51:20 -060051281u15 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

The blackadder gif was retaliation for your incredible wit to use my own gif against me

edit on 23-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I somehow TOTALLY missed that.

Maybe I need some black coffee...or.....LITTLE CAESERS BACON WRAPPED PIZZA!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

What-eva!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join