It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Army Downs 2 UK Planes Carrying Weapons for ISIL

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Any other sources?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I don't find this too hard to believe if you read up on "'The Greater Israel Project'". It certainly makes some sense of what is going on in the region.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: iskander683
a reply to: Britguy

The article is decidedly lacking in any evidence.

I can only presume that by 'British', they mean RAF aircraft?

I'm not being funny but I doubt that, after the budget cuts inflicted by this poxy tory government, the RAF would be able or willing to provide two Hercules to fly to Iraq and drop supplies to isis.

Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems unlikely.

We do have a fleet of Hercules but if two were shot down we would know about it!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: iskander683

I'm not being funny but I doubt that, after the budget cuts inflicted by this poxy tory government, the RAF would be able or willing to provide two Hercules to fly to Iraq and drop supplies to isis.

Oh you mean budget cuts to the current 1,000 aircraft RAF that was sending regular Hercules supply drops?

What planet are you on? You think one of the largest airforces and Hercules fleet in the world wouldn't be "able or willing" to supply TWO of its aircraft?

Anyway it's laughable nonsense given they posted a picture of a C-17 claiming it to be one of the aircraft, when none of that type are even involved.
edit on 25/2/15 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The only question I have is why was the Iraqi army firing on any plain? Did they know it was loaded with weapons going to IS. Or did IS get their own air support?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm calling BS on this story, this same FARS news website has another story saying that US planes are running supply missions to ISIS on a daily basis, yeah right.

No doubt some people are going to grab this turd with both hands and run with it.

Pure propaganda.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Ok someone asked how the aircraft would know where it's dropping
A simple map grid ref would suffice, or there's high power ir lasers we can use to get their attention

The aircraft IF AND THATS A BIG IF they are raf would probably be flying from training bases in Jordan
And with regards to whistle blowers WHO KNOWS WHO YOURE DROPPING TO the pilot has a grid and orders ...he doesn't see who gets it
Possibly no one in the RAF could be aware that we were supplying Isis

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
This all Happened in 2005...Sorry folks..I jumped the gun.

2005 air crash in Bahgdad

Why would they post a 10 year old story?

Never mind, although the story wasn't dated on that site, other sites show it is from 2005 indeed.
edit on 26-2-2015 by DrChinstrap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
why are people finding this hard to believe?? if you think this is a lie than you are a product of news propaganda
i mean come on a terorrist group that kills everyone but its enemies? literaly every single one of these "terorrist" groups kill anyone but the people they claim to want to eradicate...

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: aldehydeandketone
why are people finding this hard to believe?? if you think this is a lie than you are a product of news propaganda
i mean come on a terorrist group that kills everyone but its enemies? literaly every single one of these "terorrist" groups kill anyone but the people they claim to want to eradicate...

Because it is a hit piece produced by the Iranians. The Iranians do this from time to time and it is one of their little games. They did the same in regards to British Forces in Afghanistan a few years ago. That time they were claiming that British Chinooks were transporting Taliban. Of course all the die-hard conspiracy people lapped it up!

The British army has been relocating Taliban insurgents from southern Afghanistan to the north by providing transportation means, diplomats say.

The diplomats, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said insurgents are being airlifted from the southern province of Helmand to the north amid increasing violence in the northern parts of the country.

The aircraft used for the transfer have been identified as British Chinook helicopters.

edition.presstv.ir...

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Pictures or it didn't happen! Here in England there is no news of the alleged event. Here in England there are no reports alleging the RAF to be dropping weapons specifically for ISIL.

However, there are reports that American and Iranian diplomats are working very hard to come to a deal regarding Iran's nuclear programme, and also that Netanyahu is throwing an apoplectic fit at America for all the negotiations going on with Iran. Seems to me someone wants to throw a spanner in the works by using mis-directed propaganda and trolling.

No! I am not suggesting the Israelis, but their equivalent in Iran. How dare Iranians do a deal with the Great Satan!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Morg234

As it happens, I'm on a planet a lot closer to Earth than you are.

1000 aircraft? You are deluded, mate.
The RAF has 22 Hercules and 8 C17 transport aircraft and they are pretty tied up without wasting resources flying supplies to ISIS.

So no, the RAF are not "able or willing" to supply two aircraft for this bullsh*t fantasy mission.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Anyone know what marking there were on those planes? British military aircraft carry the roundle, red in the center, then white, and blue as the outer ring.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Anyone know what marking there were on those planes? British military aircraft carry the roundle, red in the center, then white, and blue as the outer ring.

There were no planes in the first place. It is a hit piece used for propaganda purposes. The roundels are low-visibility now with the white removed.

RAF C-130J

www.airteamimages.com...

RAF C-17A

www.airteamimages.com...

Links to RAF low visibility roundels.

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:RAF_Lowvis_Army_roundel.svg

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:RAF_roundel_LV_pale.svg

The same goes for the national marking fin flash with the white removed.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join