It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nazca lines...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think your rigt, but I'm unsure if you think so too.

Sincerly

Cade

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
how does the monkey, whale, hummingbird, fit into the alien idea ?

did you see the random patterns ? there are some impressive designs, and some really random looking designs. I'd guess spiritual or religious in nature, made by the locals.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
how does the monkey, whale, hummingbird, fit into the alien idea ?

did you see the random patterns ? there are some impressive designs, and some really random looking designs. I'd guess spiritual or religious in nature, made by the locals.

They would draw pics of things that they saw, do we not do similar things, we take pictures of thing we see in forgen places.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
but if they were creating runways or symbols to communicate with aliens, why would they design a monkey ?

sorry, I just see it as a form of communication with gods or honoring a god

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
but if they were creating runways or symbols to communicate with aliens, why would they design a monkey ?

sorry, I just see it as a form of communication with gods or honoring a god
It is a form of communication. The question is: to what is the communication directed to? What did they see in the skies at that time? Probably saw the same things we see today, aerial phenomena of some sort that defy normal standards of flying. The Gods are in heaven, from heaven they came.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It took me awhile to find this thread as it hadn't been added to in awhile. I think the Nazca lines were made to offer homage to their gods. I'm going to say that we were brought here by an alien race. I'm still looking for proof. Wouldn't it make sense that the lines were made so that as their "gods" came down they could see them? None of the other theories really offers a good explanation. I don't think e.t.'s made the lines, rather they were made for them.

I have a list of sites about the lines. Check them out.

www.lost-civilizations.net...
www.crystalinks.com...
skepdic.com...
www.dreamscape.com...
unmuseum.mus.pa.us...
www.labyrinthina.com...
www.mysteries-megasite.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Having people make the lines as sort of a landing strip, or a signle to the gods seems to be the leading theroy amoung us here at ATS, seems logical. But i still cant think that humans could have made something so perfest, and the lines so srtaight.

i cant eve draw a straight lin on a pc.

---___ ____
\____---/

Its so hard!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's really not that hard to make a straight line. Two stakes and a piece of string are all you need. And once you have one line, you just measure off of it to find your square root. Simple mathmatics, and the ancient races are proved to have a firm grip on math. I am a concrete mason for a living and have to lay out basements. It's really not that hard to do once you've done it a few times. That would explain how some are better than others.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Perhaps it was to signify intelligence to whatever they were seeing in the sky. A sort of answering to a hail. UFOs have been known to form geometric shapes, this could have been taken by the natives as a form of communication. To communicate back they drew pictures of things that to them hold significance, showing not only belief but also intelligence.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I would agree that straight lines are not that hard to make. I did some surveying a few years back and with simple tools it is quite easy. But I would also say they were probably made to get the attention of things they were seeing in the sky.

By the way, I thought we were allready in a comic society.(that was a funny typo)

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think it's just evidence of a more advance civilization. There's nothing to suggest that monkeys and whales were even common occurances to that region. Even if they were why depict a whale in the desert? Additionally, I just find the information about the spider depicted is amazing. If it's a Ricinulei (spider genus) then why did "primative" people extend the leg of the spider? It has been later discovered by our scientists (under a microscope) that the Ricinulei spider's reproductive organs are located on the leg in question.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Special on Travel Channel right now.

Very interesting. Talks about cracking Nazca code after the commercialbreak

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The Nazca lines are very intiguing. However, I doubt any of us will ever know the real reason why they are there. Many ancient people revere the sky and space.

Personally, I believe like others here that they were paying homage to things that they were seeing in the sky.

None of these ancient tribes are as intriguing to me as the Dogan tribe in West Africa. They knew that Sirius had a twin thousands of years before modern astronomy proved it existed. They also know much more advanced astronomy that is still being proven today.

Read more about the Dogan tribe here:
www.crystalinks.com...

I think we will be unwise to disregard the ceremonies and beliefs of all the ancient peoples that still exist today, which believe that intelligent life exists in the cosmos. There is way to much evidence to write them off as the misguided belief systems of uneducated people. Personally, I think we could learn a lot from them!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join