It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nazca lines...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Several years ago my family went on a trip to Peru. We visited Machu Pichi and Nasca. Both were very intresting, but the lines were what truely intreged me. Could this of been done by the incas. Massive Geometric shapes hundreds of meter long with perfect percision. The picture of the astronaut had me most intreaged. An Astronaut, how would the incas have know this, how could they have been so percise in the makeing of these elobrate designs they could have never seen. To me it seems that these were made by ET's. THink about it. Why would a bunch of people make designs they could not deciphy from the ground, but only from the air. How would they people make this designs with the greatest of persision?

(edit to remove caps from title)

[edit on 17-12-2004 by pantha]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
forgot the link sorry
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Why would a bunch of people make designs they could not deciphy from the ground, but only from the air.

Because they knew their gods could see it perhaps? Intriguing, yes, but to leap to them surveying it from UFOs, etc. is a bit much without any such evidence...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Simply yet another proof of other civilasations visiting earth in the past, which means one needs to look at all the evidence for current visitations with a new pair of eyes.

The real questions are not if they have been here, or are they here now, but what does it mean for our world, and, when will we be ready to wake up and join the comic society.

"how fortunate for leaders that men does not think" -- Hitler
Yes indeed, and how long are we going to give them that advantage?

Sincerly

Cade

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Is a road evidence of cars?
Is a runway evidence of airplanes?
Is a harbor evidence of boats?

Elementary my dear Watson, elementary.

Never underestimate the power of denial.

Sincerly

Cade

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

So the Roman Apian Way means they had cars back in Roman times? Fascinating....
[/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Of course Gazrok! I present to all the latest discovery.

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
The picture of the astronaut had me most intreaged. An Astronaut, how would the incas have know this, how could they have been so percise in the makeing of these elobrate designs they could have never seen.

You know, that shape is only called "The Astronaut" because that's what it looks like. It doesnt mean it IS an astronaut... Many old characters look like that. If that is the proof of aliens, then there would only have been aliens on this planet in the past, as *no one* have managed to depict very believable humans.

[edit on 17-12-2004 by merka]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Actually I remember seeing a documentary on I think the History Channel a while back, and they actually found a possible reason for the Nazca lines. They built a Hot Air Balloon like thing using only materials and known techniques of the day. I think they used a fire pit and animal skins to make the balloon, and they got to a height so that the lines were decipherable. Seems to me a reasonable enough explanation. They also suggested that the lines were used in religious ceremonies. So really the only question left after that is, "How were they so accurate?".

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

So the Roman Apian Way means they had cars back in Roman times? Fascinating....
[/sarcasm]

No your right. A road is not evidence of "cars", simply transportation perhaps. I was too simplistic in my effort to make a simple to understand comparison, my fault. This is what happens when you try to make things easy to understand. There might be a chance however you still got my point, I don't know?

Looking back at an ancient astranaut, there are two possibilities, either we say someone made a balloon from goat skin and flew up and directed someone on the ground to make a HUGE picture of grandma' with a fishbowl on her head OR there is something in our ancient history that we have not yet acknowledged. Sorry for the sarcastic humor, no offence intended.

Never underestimate the power of denial.

Sincerly

Cade

[edit on 17-12-2004 by Cade]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Discovery Channel did an exhaustive documentary on the lines about a year ago and came up with some fascinating theories and discoveries. One such discovery correlated the lines with water; yes, with underground springs! Geologic surveys have concluded that this region has always been a very dry region and anthropology has discovered that the people of the period were highly nomadic. In order to survive it was necessary for them to have quick access to a steady supply of water without having to continually look for it.

Some interesting reading on the subject:

www.mnsu.edu...

www.unmuseum.org...

www.100megsfree4.com...

www.inkas.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cade
Looking back at an ancient astranaut, there are two possibilities, either we say someone made a balloon from goat skin and flew up and directed someone on the ground to make a HUGE picture of grandma' with a fishbowl on her head OR there is something in our ancient history that we have not yet acknowledged. Sorry for the sarcastic humor, no offence intended.

So instead you are saying that hyper advanced aliens came down in their saucers and started drawing extremely simplistic and huge pictures on the ground to guide their ships straights?

Do a search on "rock art" or "cave paintings", please. You will find that there are as many grandmas with fishbowls as their are fat guys with deer heads, string people with a certain organ twice the size of their body, googly eyed ET's and shadow people with tentacles.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrendelsBacon
Actually I remember seeing a documentary on I think the History Channel a while back, and they actually found a possible reason for the Nazca lines. They built a Hot Air Balloon like thing using only materials and known techniques of the day. I think they used a fire pit and animal skins to make the balloon, and they got to a height so that the lines were decipherable. Seems to me a reasonable enough explanation. They also suggested that the lines were used in religious ceremonies. So really the only question left after that is, "How were they so accurate?".

Please find me this one.. I can see someone building a kite that could pull someone into the air, but not a balloon raised into the air.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8

Originally posted by GrendelsBacon

Please find me this one.. I can see someone building a kite that could pull someone into the air, but not a balloon raised into the air.

Lots of reading..no ballon yet
www.onagocag.com...

Hot air ballon

"Likewise, claims by Jim Woodman, that the Indians used hot-air balloons to lay out these figures, are also nonsense. Ignoring the fact that the knowledge of hot-air ballooning did not exist in ancient times, Woodman's 1975 flight in a hot-air balloon built of local materials, showed that, apart from it being extremely dangerous, such a balloon would not remain aloft for long enough for it to be useful."
www.adam.com.au...

Still nothing concrete

"One theorist even proposed that the Nazca Indians were able to construct primitive hot air balloons from which they could observe the Nazca Lines and animal figures and even supervise their construction. This theorist actually succeeded in building and launching a hot air balloon, Condor I, which was constructed from basic materials that are believed to have been available to the ancient Nazca Indians."

nazcalines.homestead.com...

And finally, here is how and who built the ballon

www.nott.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's Machu Picchu by the way. How deep ar the lines exactly? Even though I'm from Peru I'm not quite sure. If they aren't deep enough, perhaps the Incas grew plants, using the lines like decorations. The real question is how they were made though. You don't really need a top prespective view to create such lines. Perhaps they put a grid on the area and using drawings as a source, they began to draw the figures.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cade
(...)
when will we be ready to wake up and join the comic society.
(...)

(bold added by me)

Please take no offense, but that really made me laugh very hard!!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone else has personaly seen the lines, but when i was there i truely felt like it was something out of this world, to see huge shapes with perfect percision, it was unbeliveable. Even today i think we would be hard pressesd to make something this perfect.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I believe they are a starmap
just as we use constellations in de sky
using some of thes constellations we can pinpoint
de origin of the alienfigure.
one point is landing strip
which will be used after we figure this out
and make contact they will land there.
or what I believe to be airstrip is also a
constallation presentation.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I watched a program on TV about the subject, and it showed vieweres that normal people nowadays could design the layout, get a group of people together and do the entire design in ONE night, so it looked like aliens had done it.

I don't doubt that it could have been Incas, they were very advanced!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me that no one ever bothers asking an Indian. We are not extinct. We still live there. Maybe because our origin legends are too bizarre:

In the long, long ago the People From The Stars came to the land of Elohimona...

We are taught that our origin is from the Stars, and so much of what we as Indian Nations do and did is connected with the Heavens. Hard to believe, eh? Try talking to a local medicine man next time you go up there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join