It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Nazca lines...

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
anyone with a rope(with knots tied in it at equal length) and a wood post or stick can recreate any simple designs.You just need to know how to bisect a line to make 90 degree angles.you make a rough outline(like a box ,or boxes and make notations where the curves and lines are inside the box).any picture can be scaled up by any basic art student who is aware of the process.there is no need to see it from the air,as you know what it looks like on paper anyway.sorta a present to your departed ones in the heveans looking down, nothing more.




posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
THe size of these things you cant comprehend, they are huge, and very percise. One of our guides said the was a local, he was the one that showed us the figures, the poilt didnt say much, it was all very amazing, one o those few times when i felt like i was totaly seeing something out of this world.



posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
It never ceases to amaze me that no one ever bothers asking an Indian. We are not extinct. We still live there. Maybe because our origin legends are too bizarre:



In the long, long ago the People From The Stars came to the land of Elohimona...


We are taught that our origin is from the Stars, and so much of what we as Indian Nations do and did is connected with the Heavens. Hard to believe, eh? Try talking to a local medicine man next time you go up there.

They just made those up since the real origin legends are boring. Who wants to come from a mud pool? Pff...



posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I do not know why they made the drawings and the lines, and I do not even know who they were.

What I do know is that the drawings are not made with precision, anyone can see that some of the drawings who where supposed to be symmetrical are really not symmetrical, with some drawings looking like they had been stretched in one direction, spoiling the symmetry. The only precise things are the lines, but anyone can do that.

And just one more thing, if the drawings were found some years earlier, what we call the astronaut would be called the diver.



posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by Cade
Looking back at an ancient astranaut, there are two possibilities, either we say someone made a balloon from goat skin and flew up and directed someone on the ground to make a HUGE picture of grandma' with a fishbowl on her head OR there is something in our ancient history that we have not yet acknowledged. Sorry for the sarcastic humor, no offence intended.

So instead you are saying that hyper advanced aliens came down in their saucers and started drawing extremely simplistic and huge pictures on the ground to guide their ships straights?

Do a search on "rock art" or "cave paintings", please. You will find that there are as many grandmas with fishbowls as their are fat guys with deer heads, string people with a certain organ twice the size of their body, googly eyed ET's and shadow people with tentacles.


The idea that the lines were used to help ET's fly their spaceships straight is an amusing idea, but not mine.

It would seem like if ET's actually drew these huge symbols they must have known two things:
1) we would only discover them when we ourselves went to the sky in our own crafts.
2) When we did we should be intelligent enough to realize:"wait, huge symbols that can only be seen from the sky? We have only just learned to fly? Visitors?"

Intriguing thought.


Sincerly

Cade



posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

Originally posted by Cade
(...)
when will we be ready to wake up and join the comic society.
(...)

(bold added by me)



Please take no offense, but that really made me laugh very hard!!


Humor is a great thing and why should we forget about humor when we talk about other civilisations?
I can envision the day when a joke could start out with" so have you heard the one about the Grey and the Pleadian who went sightseeing in DC ?


Ofcause it's not surprising at all that some of us laugh when hearing "Cosmic society". We have been conditioned to think of this as ludicrous. "A comic society" stricks us as so unreal that we can only laugh. I certainly would not blame you for being like most people.

It brings to mind a quote:"We laugh at what we do not understand".

If there are other civilasations than us out there. Some would have to be more others less advanced than us. Why would more advanced civilasations have less advanced government? Perhaps they have evolved above the use of government? We can only speculate.

So when we laugh at the idea of a "cosmic civilisation" are we laughing at their comic civilisation or at our own lack of reason?

The universe is vast and unexplored, at least by us.


Sincerly

Cade



posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cade

Originally posted by SpookyVince

Originally posted by Cade
(...)
when will we be ready to wake up and join the comic society.
(...)

(bold added by me)



Please take no offense, but that really made me laugh very hard!!


Humor is a great thing and why should we forget about humor when we talk about other civilisations?
I can envision the day when a joke could start out with" so have you heard the one about the Grey and the Pleadian who went sightseeing in DC ?


Ofcause it's not surprising at all that some of us laugh when hearing "Cosmic society". We have been conditioned to think of this as ludicrous. "A comic society" stricks us as so unreal that we can only laugh. I certainly would not blame you for being like most people.

It brings to mind a quote:"We laugh at what we do not understand".

If there are other civilasations than us out there. Some would have to be more others less advanced than us. Why would more advanced civilasations have less advanced government? Perhaps they have evolved above the use of government? We can only speculate.

So when we laugh at the idea of a "cosmic civilisation" are we laughing at their comic civilisation or at our own lack of reason?

The universe is vast and unexplored, at least by us.


Sincerly

Cade


Cade, I like your sense of "acceptance". Be aware that I am one of the first here to defend the idea that intelligent life exists elsewhere. I am not only conviced, I am totally sure, that intelligent, evolved, civilized life exists around us. It exists all around us. I am absolutely convinced that we are not alone.

I, for one, do understand that life is everywhere. I, for one, do understand, that the ones who pretend the contrary are blinded. Don't take me bad, I just laughed at a typing mistake, and it was good. I am serious when I'm talking about that, but it is a pleasure whenever I have a laugh. I was neither mocking you, neither thinking bad, neither any bad... Read my posts and you'll know about me.

It's been a pleasure to read your thoughts here, don't think I'm against your thoughts, but this (common?) typing mistake made me laugh really. Because above all, I'm a laughing person, I love to laugh at anything and that one was good.

0nce again, no offense please.

Regards & respects.



posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oh my google! well, well, I only realized NOW that I wrote COMIC and not COSMIC


Well, perhaps good that I didn't realize it at first because it made me write down the above thoughts, so something productive came out of a quite "comic" misspelling


Well, even tho' English is my second language, there is no excuse for that one....


Nice talking with you Mr. Spooky
so let's continue on this subject now.


Sincerly

Cade



posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If the Incas that may or may not have made those lines walked into a modern city wouldn't they think that It was all made by aleins?

I don't see the reason behind aleins would be drawing the lines.

We are amazed by the pryamids, we are amazed by the coliseum, I believe us humans are quite capable of drawing a few stright lines.



posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I belive humans could have made the lines also. The only thing I dont know is why. Is there any sort of astrolical coralation or anything? Do the shapes have any sort of significance to the native people or anything?



posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've enjoyed flying over the Nazca lines a few times too, and I'm not generally a fan of single engine planes.

Erich von Daniken built his whole career in the 1970s around these phenomena and his tag line "was god an astronaut"? There have been dozens of predecessors to the David Ickes of the world.

My take is that these were indeed intricately carved creations, done with an eye for measurement and detail by regular indigenous folks on the ground with the full knowledge of what they would look like from the air. A signal to the heavens, but not to anyone they had met any time recently. It doesn't take that much geometry to create a perfect set of lines on any scale, the talent is in keeping your proportions to the design.

The Incas on the other hand built the finest ruins anywhere, LOL.



posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
sinlge engied airplanes made me sick too, all that cirlcling, round, and around, very bad stuff.



posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You make a drawing in the sand to look at from a standing position.

You make Nazca lines to watch from the air.

Does it not make sense that they were put there for the sole purpose of being discovered by a civilasation capable of flight?



Sincerly

Cade



posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Golem
I belive humans could have made the lines also. The only thing I dont know is why. Is there any sort of astrolical coralation or anything? Do the shapes have any sort of significance to the native people or anything?


Maybe to fool others? Maybe because they were bored, drunk etc... The possibilities are endless, they could've done it for any reason...



posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Could this of been done by the incas. Massive Geometric shapes hundreds of meter long with perfect percision. The picture of the astronaut had me most intreaged. An Astronaut, how would the incas have know this, how could they have been so percise in the makeing of these elobrate designs they could have never seen. To me it seems that these were made by ET's. THink about it. Why would a bunch of people make designs they could not deciphy from the ground, but only from the air. How would they people make this designs with the greatest of persision?
I believe that they were made by the Incas. Aboriginal peoples around the world have excellent artists within their groups. Using my own knowledge of Aboriginal drawings, these lines look very similar to what I see today. The style is almost the same.

I think that "astronaut" is nothing more than an attempt to make a figurine of the people who are on the ground.

Why were they made? Maybe the Incas saw something in the sky that they wanted to communicate with--UFO's. Why do we have a big sattelite receiver in the ground called SETI, because we see stuff in the sky and think of communicating with extra terrestrial beings.

The precision of the drawings are good, but any serious artist can accomplish it with help.

People in the past wanted to communicate with "them", and now we do the same today.



posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cade
Simply yet another proof of other civilasations visiting earth in the past, which means one needs to look at all the evidence for current visitations with a new pair of eyes.

The real questions are not if they have been here, or are they here now, but what does it mean for our world, and, when will we be ready to wake up and join the comic society.

"how fortunate for leaders that men does not think" -- Hitler
Yes indeed, and how long are we going to give them that advantage?


Sincerly

Cade


Sorry Cade but it is not simply another proof I think the best theory on the lines right now is that they were used to mark water holes and water from irragation.

They had a special on the lines not to long ago and they laid out some very good proof of the water theory. They believe the water was used for crops, bathing ect.



posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Interesting theory. Who were they marking the waterholes for?

In trying to understand your thinking, are you suggesting that they made huge drawings of different figures which can only be seen from the sky to mark waterholes accessed from the ground?


Sincerly

Cade



posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Originally posted by TKainZero
Could this of been done by the incas. Massive Geometric shapes hundreds of meter long with perfect percision. The picture of the astronaut had me most intreaged. An Astronaut, how would the incas have know this, how could they have been so percise in the makeing of these elobrate designs they could have never seen. To me it seems that these were made by ET's. THink about it. Why would a bunch of people make designs they could not deciphy from the ground, but only from the air. How would they people make this designs with the greatest of persision?
I believe that they were made by the Incas. Aboriginal peoples around the world have excellent artists within their groups. Using my own knowledge of Aboriginal drawings, these lines look very similar to what I see today. The style is almost the same.

I think that "astronaut" is nothing more than an attempt to make a figurine of the people who are on the ground.

Why were they made? Maybe the Incas saw something in the sky that they wanted to communicate with--UFO's. Why do we have a big sattelite receiver in the ground called SETI, because we see stuff in the sky and think of communicating with extra terrestrial beings.

The precision of the drawings are good, but any serious artist can accomplish it with help.

People in the past wanted to communicate with "them", and now we do the same today.


I like this theroy, it makes sense, we are trying to communicate with themso why wouln't of other people some time ago tried to do the same?



posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus


Maybe to fool others? Maybe because they were bored, drunk etc... The possibilities are endless, they could've done it for any reason...

there is an awfull lot of work and man hours put into those lines. I really dont think they were put there just because they were bored or drunk.



posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Why do the lines exist? Pure and simple my dear Watson. The Nasca lines are made so they could help the imanganery E.T.'s find the civilizations that sought their guidence and technology for that period. I am convinced without a doubt they were made to guide in air or spacecraft. Flying machines in that period of time? Why yes! Their here and will soon be outed when the next world crisis show up. I will argue all day long the above statement. How in the world can their precise measurements be so accurate without the aid of of a superior technology? Our gov't. is keeping information from us regarding the Nasca lines.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join