It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newborn Baby Almost Refused Treatment Because She Has Two Moms

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

? What ?

I said she should loose her job and find another career whereby she could hang round with other nut jobs and not with people with different lifestyles, and you respond by saying she did that? Have I missed something.

Feels like ATS has turned into the Twighlight Zone today

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

But they didn't need "the best care"...

The baby did.
The un-Gay baby, because "it's a choice at a certain age" and people "aren't born that way"...

The doctor used "ethical grounds" in an illogical manner...

She should be struck off the doctors register.

No I wouldn't want her to treat me or my hypothetical baby... Gay or Straight!

link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: flammadraco

peopel take worship and thier god wherever they go

And there lays the problem!

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

a little differnt than what i mean but i see point .....................
Ill just say it gay couples have no bussiness adopting babies period.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

yesthey are born that way no one learns or is taught to be gay ..........im straight but i got a couple of friends and we all knew when they were 13 lol ................he throws like a girl lol

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

So people who are "uncomfortable" with black people, soldiers, jews, etc

Irrelevant, never mind...

Rather, can I ask you a question (or 3) please, NavyDoc...

Why did you become a physician?
What was your reasoning behind this career path?

& as a Physician, in your experience, what is the most common reason for someone to become part of the Medical field?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

you got a baby from addoption agency that quik before her first birhtday thats wild
good job guys im a foster baby .........nobody wanted me lol
when that kid hits a certain age and finds out the truth you will have a loyal person that would do anything for you
My great aunt got me out of hell and i love her to death to this day .
Thank you you guys for getting baby out of trouble

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I think if you cant make life then you have no bussiness raising life .

Let me guess, you're a Christian. I'm sure Christ shares your sentiment. You must be loads of fun to be around.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

*temporary suspension of radio silence*

From a sheerly ETHICAL point-of-view, is it also ethical for the physician to make the details of the determination (recusing themselves from care) explicit to the patient (or in this case, the patient's guardians) when it is obviously (to most) harmful?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

a little differnt than what i mean but i see point .....................
Ill just say it gay couples have no bussiness adopting babies period.

That is homophobic!

Edit - And you know what, had you been around in the 1960's you would have probably had an issue with interracial marriage and mixed race kids!

Now I know where your coming from, you won't get another response from me!
edit on 20.2.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I am a Christian.

I also believe that the person who initially refused to treat this baby, is a Godless bastard. One can spin this any way one likes, one can call upon the "right" of a religious person to discriminate against others if one believes it will shore up ones argument, but the reality is that any Christian who turns away a sick child, when they are in a position to heal their wounds or medical ailments, is FOOLING themselves as to their motivations.

biblehub.com...

Matthew 19:14. This passage absolutely refutes any legitimacy that a religious argument against treating this child has, and in conjunction with the parable of The Good Samaritan, totally bludgeons that argument until it bleeds from its damned ears! And too bloody right as well!

I am sick, SICK to the back teeth of people using their faith as an excuse to behave poorly toward other people. Jesus gives his followers no permission to be a set of impossible bastards toward other people, because the vast majority of his message is LOVE, not punishment, not disgust, not chastisement, but LOVE!

DAMN this crap makes me angry.
edit on 20-2-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error, made in a fit of pique, removed.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Drop the oaths being broken crap every day people die because they cant afford
the proper treatment wheres the moral oath cry for those people .
the only reason anyone is talking about this is because the baby belonged to gay couple .

There are kids dying in america everyday because they dont have enough money to get proper care
where is the doctors oath now ...i love debating crap on here but the truth is we are all full of crap.
Doctors ..no money no cure.....simple as that ......if your on medicare in this country good luck

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: flammadraco

originally posted by: NavyDoc
I thought leftists were supposed to be a tolerant bunch.

LOL I just fell off my chair. Have a little read of my previous forums, think you may find I am the furtherest thing from a leftist that I could be!

And yes if you are doing a job as a professional then you leave your bigoted outdated shepherd scripture at home and your place of worship, the hospital and work place is not the place for bigoted opinions!

Yes, bigotry has no place in the workplace and the ethical thing to do if you are a bigot is to refer your patients to someone who is not. It's really that simple.

And loose your job and find a vocation where the possibility of meeting people with different lifestyle to theirs is minimised and not for the doctors sake but for their potential patients!

Meh, I'm not much for thought police and I'm not much for trying to ruin people just because I disagree with their belief system. I'm funny that way.

If she is employed, her employer has every right to fire her.
If she is an independent practitioner and she pisses off enough people, she will go out of business. Reputation is VERY crucial in private practice.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

So people who are "uncomfortable" with black people, soldiers, jews, etc

Irrelevant, never mind...

Rather, can I ask you a question (or 3) please, NavyDoc...

Why did you become a physician?
What was your reasoning behind this career path?

& as a Physician, in your experience, what is the most common reason for someone to become part of the Medical field?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. People are uncomfortable for a lot of reasons and if they are uncomfortable they should recuse themselves and refer to someone who isn't. This goes for lawyers as well.

I went into medicine because I was seriously injured in the military and was amazed by the ability physicians had to save lives and wanted to be part of that. One hears similar stories form a lot of physicians--one also hears a desire to help people, the intellectual challenge, interesting cases, etc. Money is rarely given as a reason--there are a hell of a lot easier ways to make a hell of a lot more money.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

no black and white couples are fine becuase they can make a baby gay couples no you cant make a baby .
two male parts dont make a baby and two famle parts dont make a baby just incase you were wondering ..............
oh yea and hun i am mixed mom was asain and black dad was white just to burst your balloon there.
God people are ate up he dont agree with me he must be a racist i know where he is coming from you are full of crap lol

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

no black and white couples are fine becuase they can make a baby gay couples no you cant make a baby .
two male parts dont make a baby and two famle parts dont make a baby just incase you were wondering ..............
oh yea and hun i am mixed mom was asain and black dad was white just to burst your balloon there.
God people are ate up he dont agree with me he must be a racist i know where he is coming from you are full of crap lol

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here is what I think...

If someone joins the medical field...

Care of the patient should be the sole focus and nothing else...

& if there is a chance of bigotry...
It should be stated before they take the Oath so they can be denied the chance of being people's last line of defence.

Where is the line drawn for this "uncomfortable" feeling...

At situations like the OP...

Or can one go further on "ethical grounds" and say that they're "uncomfortable" treating anyone they are bigoted towards no matter the circumstance?

imo, I think a lot of people here can safely say this is Devil worship...

Not Christ like.
edit on 20-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: mOjOm

I am a Christian.

I also believe that the person who initially refused to treat this baby, is a Godless bastard. One can spin this any way one likes, one can call upon the "right" of a religious person to discriminate against others if one believes it will shore up ones argument, but the reality is that any Christian who turns away a sick child, when they are in a position to heal their wounds or medical ailments, is FOOLING themselves as to their motivations.

biblehub.com...

Matthew 19:14. This passage absolutely refutes any legitimacy that a religious argument against treating this child has, and in conjunction with the parable of The Good Samaritan, totally bludgeons that argument until it bleeds from its damned ears! And too bloody right as well!

I am sick, SICK to the back teeth of people using their faith as an excuse to behave poorly toward other people. Jesus gives his followers no permission to be a set of impossible bastards toward other people, because the vast majority of his message is LOVE, not punishment, not disgust, not chastisement, but LOVE!

DAMN this crap makes me angry.

Well, yeah, if you believe in God.

However, she didn't refuse to treat the kid, she did not want to enter into a relationship with the family and referred her to another physician. There was no delay in treatment. There was no loss of care.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I don't care what her beliefs were, she could belief in Unicorns and Fairies for all I care, but the minute she allowed her personal religious beliefs to affect the way she treats patients, then she should be struck off. What amazes me is as a doctor she needs to have a good brain, how then has she allowed scripture written by men who believed the Earth as Flat from 2000 years ago to affect her judgement?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

It is an oddity of your post that you always seem to be replying to yourself.

I'm curious. If I might ask a question or two ... do you have any characteristics that set you apart from the "average person"?

I.e. Are you older, younger, taller, shorter, is your religion uncommon, how about your handedness, right or left?

There is a rational point to be made here that relates to the conversation if you care to indulge.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join