It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newborn Baby Almost Refused Treatment Because She Has Two Moms

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Ok, I kept an ace up my sleeve for such a response...

What you're referring to is a subjective ethical/moral stand point that for whatever reason shouldn't be infringed...

So if a gay person is refused treatment by a doctor...
Ethically it can be said to be correct because the doctor cannot promise unbiased care...

However...

This is about a 6 week old baby who for all we know could end up gay, straight, celibate, a partnerless narcissist who is only aroused by themselves...
Or like this doctor could grow up to be a homophobic religious zealot...

But as of yet, that decision hasn't been made...

So what is the ethical/moral stand point of refusing someone who is nothing to do with what you're against?

Overall, I'm glad they had a different doctor...

Who needs a delusional freak looking after them...

But I do think the doctor should be struck off for this...

This particular patient is not gay...
Hence, there is no "ethical" reason to deny them care!

That's the Oath being broken!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: CranialSponge

do what ...lol i got a black friend in london who almost died due to the way the doctors had treated or lack of treatment
and no offense but canada has got a horrible track record on hospital bigotry ...its easy to not be racist or discriminitive
to the minority because canada dont have any

Your lack of logical thought processes is showing...

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

actually the term is called nuclear family then there is extended familty nuclear is mom dad kids ect...
extended is when grandma pop pop cousins things or people like that live with you .
I dont know the definition for the term Traditional Family? or that there is a definition .
Mabey you want to read up on family definintions before you just start spouting off at the mouth about stuff you dont
know ......here i will help again .......nuclear family .....is mom dad kids...................extended family are mom dad kids grandma ect...And yes divorce is pretty common so as long as the kids were raised with mom and dad
and not mom and her gay lover then they were traditional lol

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

originally posted by: NavyDoc

a reply to: boymonkey74

I agree had this been a Muslim doctor saying they could not treat an "Infidel" the same posters saying this Doctor had the right to not treat this baby would be signing a completely different tune!

But would you say the same thing if the roles were reversed and you had a Muslim patient who refused to be treated by an "infidel" doctor? Would you tell them to "STFU you bigot, you get who you get" or would you respect their wishes even if they were based on religious bigotry.

If the Muslim patient was paying for their treatment then they can be treated by who the hell they like as they are paying for it, however if the Muslim patient said that here in the UK using the NHS, they would have to put up and shut up as its free!

But we are not talking about patients we are talking about professionals using scripture written by shepherds as an excuse to be a bigot!

So basically, if you don't like the reason someone is uncomfortable with something then you disregard the uncomfortableness, consider it invalid (that's a pretty arrogant and judgmental attitude), and would force them to do something they are uncomfortable with, even though there are readily available and just as good alternatives--just because you have certain bigoted opinions of your own? I thought leftists were supposed to be a tolerant bunch.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Dr. Roi couldn't have been praying to Jesus. I'm sure he wouldn't refuse care for that baby no matter who the parents are. I love how people pretend to know what God would want, especially doctors who love to play God. As Ghandi said “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” I have to agree with him. A lot of Christians I know are hypocritical and are far from being Christ-like, though they like to think they are. And yes, I am a Christian.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

If a doctor is incapable of treating a percentage of the populace due to their personal religiosity, they should not be in the medical profession in any 1st world nation.

Surely even you can agree with that concept.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: sweets777
I think if you cant make life then you have no bussiness raising life .

I was unable to have children. Severe endometriosis.

Good thing the adoption agency my husband and I went through disagrees with you, otherwise we never would have been able to adopt our daughter. She would have died before her first birthday in a run down orphanage in Bolivia.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   
I love the apologists for "Traditional Families" who also support divorce but have a NO problem denigrating millions of people they don't even know.

Like it or not, some families are different from others.

Also, just for the record, it's not a matter of liking what the "gay community" says or does, it is a matter of equality before the law, guaranteed in the US Constitution and many State Constitutions.

edit on 9Fri, 20 Feb 2015 09:42:33 -060015p092015266 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

link   
a reply to: sweets777

Perhaps you may need to re read through this post as I wrote exactly what you just posted relating to what an extended and nuclear family was. Ask Andy what his definition is as he was the person I was responding to, he tried to say how bad it was to have gay parents as all kids need a mom and dad, but then I asked him what about the ten million single mums in the US which out number LGBT parents by 7 million. Surely if he and others feel so strongly that a child needs both a mum and dad then start with the ten million single mums and not the LGBT parents.

Would you like to take this point up or you just here to spout more rhetoric

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

ill end the debate right here if it was your baby and you were gay would youi want a biase or not bias doctor i want the doctor that dont hate me ......
Now to be clear im not saying doctor was right she wasnt ...in my opinion .
But if you were parent witch doctor would you want.
At least the doctor said i wont be able to give you best care because i dont like your lifestyle here this doctor is better
and that took some guts to to stand by your convictions

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Ok, I kept an ace up my sleeve for such a response...

What you're referring to is a subjective ethical/moral stand point that for whatever reason shouldn't be infringed...

So if a gay person is refused treatment by a doctor...
Ethically it can be said to be correct because the doctor cannot promise unbiased care...

However...

This is about a 6 week old baby who for all we know could end up gay, straight, celibate, a partnerless narcissist who is only aroused by themselves...
Or like this doctor could grow up to be a homophobic religious zealot...

But as of yet, that decision hasn't been made...

So what is the ethical/moral stand point of refusing someone who is nothing to do with what you're against?

Overall, I'm glad they had a different doctor...

Who needs a delusional freak looking after them...

But I do think the doctor should be struck off for this...

This particular patient is not gay...
Hence, there is no "ethical" reason to deny them care!

That's the Oath being broken!

First of all, the child was not the Dr's patient to begin with. She had never established the Dr/Patient relationship in the first place and she cancelled the first visit and transferred to another Dr. The baby was not Dr Roi's patient--she hadn't been seen, she hadn't been examined, she hadn't been evaluated or treated thus there was no Dr/patient relationship established in the first place.

Secondly, you are focusing on the why the Dr felt uncomfortable. It is not about the baby--when one is a minor, especially that young, all of the interaction from a planning and decision process and discussion is with the parents, thus, in a very big way, it was about the parents. Regardless of the reason, if a provider is not comfortable with the potential Dr/patient relationship they are not obligated to start one and the ethical thing to do is to transfer care to an equally qualified and accessible provider. What she did was what is expected of a physician according to medical ethics and state boards--if her employer wishes to fire her for that decision, that is another matter and if she is employed by a hospital or a group, they have every right to do so, but no ethics board is going to censure a physician for transferring care to an equal provider if they are uncomfortable.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I thought leftists were supposed to be a tolerant bunch.

LOL I just fell off my chair. Have a little read of my previous forums, think you may find I am the furtherest thing from a leftist that I could be!

And yes if you are doing a job as a professional then you leave your bigoted outdated shepherd scripture at home and your place of worship, the hospital and work place is not the place for bigoted opinions!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

If a doctor is incapable of treating a percentage of the populace due to their personal religiosity, they should not be in the medical profession in any 1st world nation.

Surely even you can agree with that concept.

Meh, sure, but it depends on the specialty--ER? Of course. Pediatrics with hundreds of available options? Who cares. They will be weeded out by the market and risk adverse employers.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: sweets777

Perhaps you may need to re read through this post as I wrote exactly what you just posted relating to what an extended and nuclear family was. Ask Andy what his definition is as he was the person I was responding to, he tried to say how bad it was to have gay parents as all kids need a mom and dad, but then I asked him what about the ten million single mums in the US which out number LGBT parents by 7 million. Surely if he and others feel so strongly that a child needs both a mum and dad then start with the ten million single mums and not the LGBT parents.

Would you like to take this point up or you just here to spout more rhetoric

I have just done the biggest f*****g facepalm ever witnessed this side of the sun

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

LOL I just fell off my chair. Have a little read of my previous forums, think you may find I am the furtherest thing from a leftist that I could be!

And yes if you are doing a job as a professional then you leave your bigoted outdated shepherd scripture at home and your place of worship, the hospital and work place is not the place for bigoted opinions!

Yes, bigotry has no place in the workplace and the ethical thing to do if you are a bigot is to refer your patients to someone who is not. It's really that simple.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Yes, bigotry has no place in the workplace and the ethical thing to do if you are a bigot is to refer your patients to someone who is not. It's really that simple.

And loose your job and find a vocation where the possibility of meeting people with different lifestyle to theirs is minimised and not for the doctors sake but for their potential patients!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

no if i became a doctor to make money not to save lives and there are alot of different doctors they all dont save lives.
But if i was a lets say .......plastic surgeon i think i should have the right to refuse treatment to someone on whatever reason i find after all they cant force me to opperate on someone i dont want to huh .....
so i guess if your a doctor it dont matter what you think or feel just do what your told.

If this doctor was refusing to help a child molester or some one evil we would all look at her differently
but no she was standing by her morals rather right or wrong .She stood tall good job doctor.
After all its not like baby died or was sick sick

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Thats what she did that simple. she said i cant treat you here here is this doctor to treat you

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

i dont know who andy is lol i looked my definitions up in websters dictionary ....like in 5th grade when we learned
what a family is in school .

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

peopel take worship and thier god wherever they go

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join