It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS and you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: undo
Undo, you know as well as I do, most Christians would not consider you a "real" Christian. I have seen your discussions with them, and you are very different in your doctrine and theology. Enough that many of them would throw you, and a few other Christian members here in the lions den in a heartbeat as a godless heathen, with the rest of us. That should tell those of you who are different than the mainstream of Christianity, but still consider yourselves Christian, there's something wrong here.

well regardless of what anyone else thinks about me (i know i believe in jesus, that he is god and in the salvation he offers), i still want to warn christians off the idea of calling for war against isis, as i think it's a highly manipulated event that will result in the extermination of christians either way. at least if we aren't embroiled in their extermination, their blood will not be on our hands, and the only way we can then be exterminated is by people just lying outright about us.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: daaskapital

did i mention, i'm not dumb?

But you believe the words of Shepherds written 2000 years ago, You believe the scripture of men who believed the Sun was Magic and the Earth was flat.

Not the smartest choice of a believe system!

that's an assumption.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I tend to think that if ISIS is perceived or dealt with in terms of religion - the world has already lost.

It's a death cult. They kill anyone, no matter the religion, who does not yield to their made up rules.

link   

But you believe the words of Shepherds written 2000 years ago, You believe the scripture of men who believed the Sun was Magic and the Earth was flat.

that's an assumption.

What is the assumption? Your holy scripture being written by Shepherds who never met Christ? or the fact that those who wrote the bible believed the Sun was Magic and the Earth was Flat?

link   

a reply to: InhaleExhale

social sharing of bigoted ideas is how the soviets under stalin convinced the people of russia that it was justice to starve the entire ukraine to death. men, women, children. starved to death over the course of a year in their own homes. if they weren't quite dead yet, they buried them alive. one survivor said the ground was moving, as half dead people were buried alive with corpses of people who had already passed away. you think what hitler did was bad, you should read what stalin did. and american reporters who knew it was happening, covered it up.

You shouldn't assume others don't know of the horrors of the past.

You shouldn't assume that some of the horrors of the past aren't only hearsay to some members you interact with.

Not really sure how what you replied with here helps what you are trying to push, maybe I'm just dumb, yeah I can accept that.

Could you explain how a small group that yes is funded quite well and maybe has the support behind the scenes of some of the powers structures wanting all out conflict in the world will take out or stop the beliefs of over half the globe?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

that's an assumption.

What is the assumption? Your holy scripture being written by Shepherds who never met Christ? or the fact that those who wrote the bible believed the Sun was Magic and the Earth was Flat?

the assumption is that you think you know what i believe. you don't.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

the communist revolution was started with 10,000 people.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

history is the best teacher, especially in the modern era:

So, we can site history when it's convenient, but don't dare go back to the crusades to say that Christians have participated in EXACTLY what you're blaming ISIS and the non-religious for. I guess that's too far back... There's some invisible line, before which, history isn't valid. You make a HUGE mistake in thinking that this is all about religion. Religion is irrelevant.

You throw labels around like they mean something. We are all people, and no matter what religion we belong to (or don't belong to) you have us all sorted and neatly labeled and it makes me kind of sick.

Read your own words:

people seem to be all too willing to blame large sectors of the world for the behavior of a few and this is no exception.

You seem to be just filled with fear, suspicion and hatred. And you label OTHERS as "Christian in name only"...

I've really been affected by this thread. Literally, I'm sick to my stomach to think that some people think along the same lines as you do. Fortunately, I think you're WAY in the minority. The only other thing I can think to say is I'm so sorry that you're so afraid, so sure of your disturbing and paranoid views and so bitter. I can only hope that you find peace.
edit on 2/19/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

well christians in the usa, have pretty much been forced to go along with what non-christians want, and this is forced on us by saying we shouldn't have church and state. it's understandable why they feel that way as well, but assuming we shouldn't vote our consciences is taking it too far, and that's literally where we are at now. as i said earlier, i really am not interested in living under a religious dictatorship and alot of religious people also feel that way, but we are still accused as a group, of wanting a religious dictatorship, there's no distinction made because we are targets for extermination.

read any text about how genocides start, and you got what's happening to christians in every society, be they western or not.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

the communist revolution was started with 10,000 people.

yes and an idea starts with only one person thinking it.

Yes history repeats but people learn from the past as well.

You seem to think because Christians persecuted so many in the past that so many are persecuting you today,

and because there was a revolution before that one group if fanatics can destroy the 3 main religions of Earth?

Can you explain who you conclude this as being even remotely possible?

Islam is being persecuted and targeted in the last 30 odd years not Christianity, not sure why you need to be a victim or do you just desire it to be recognized and have others sorry for you?

I feel sorry you because of how you think and see the world when I read what you post.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

i would rather not see it this way. convince me by providing a convincing argument for the posts i saw in a thread earlier, where christians were being lambasted for just about anything and everything. it's a huge trend. please open your eyes. i don't want it to happen. the idea ALSO makes me sick to my stomach. by warning christians off from the idea of attacking isis, i'm saving them from having blood on their hands, even if they are still accused of having it there.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
You also know I can be as hard on Christianity in general as anyone on this site. At the same time, there are Christians here I respect. I have no desire to see Christians crucified, or extinct. I don't see the persecution that many Christians scream about. At least no more than any other group on this planet that are persecuted. In Western civilization, Christianity wields way too much power for any minor persecution to have any affect on them. Hell, there are still laws in some states against atheists holding public office. I find the acts of IS against those they consider infidels, disgusting and inhumane to put it lightly. But I'm not seeing the persecution toward Christians I keep hearing about. If anything, it's quite the opposite. I also find it ironic that Christians scream persecution so loudly when Jesus addressed this issue before it even got started, and made it clear what was to be expected.
Matthew 5

10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

As did Paul, Peter, and the book of revelations.

I do believe that Christianity will have to change it's doctrine to remain viable, but I seriously doubt there will be any extermination. It is more likely that it is atheists and agnostics that will suffer heavy persecution, because people have a tendency to turn to a deity when things get tough, and despise those who don't. And I see the world heading in a direction none of us really wants to imagine.

I do agree however, Christians should not be calling for war against IS. Especially since the vast majority of American's claim Christianity as their faith. Let those who created, and put IS on the world stage, also be the ones to take them down.
edit on 2/19/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

yeah i've read your posts. i don't want people i disagree/agree with to be hurt. it's scares me that domionists are trying to take over the government of the usa, cause it smacks of holy roman empire part 3, and unless jesus is at the helm,it's doomed to failure. i can see what you mean about people panicking in hard times and turning to god. egads, i hate how complicated the power brokers have made everything. it's awful .

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

LOL, you're Christian, you believe in the Bible that is not an assumption that is based on the fact that you have said in this thread that you are a Christian and believe in Jesus, and as such the only place you could have heard and learned about Christ is via your holy book the bible. Thus making you a Christian and thus your belief system is based on scripture written by Shepherds 2000 years ago who never met Christ and those same folk believed that the Sun was Magic and the Earth was Flat.

So what is it, are you a Cafeteria Christian and only take parts from your holy scripture that suits you or you believe the book in its entirety and thus lead your spiritual life due to the writings off men who had no idea about the world around them and believed the Earth was flat.

Religionist can only answer facts and reality with 3 things...

1) Faith, faith, faith. If religion says that 2 + 2 = 3 , you must have faith, and you must not question "gods" will. In other words -religious people cannot smell Vaseline.

2) Excuses. Religious people will make every excuse known to man about the bible and life's problems. They will even create new excuses to fit scientific advancements, such as the Earth being round and being far older than 6,000 years. When the garden of Eden fable was scientifically disproved, they simply changed their story and said the bible isn't always literal. They do not care about facts or reality, they only care about protecting their 4,000 year old superstitions.

3) Truth and reality comes from Satan and the world, while darkness, confusion and ignorance comes from god. Religionist don't realize that's what they are saying, but that is exactly what they teach. Religion has fought science, knowledge and advancement every step of the way throughout history -and religion always loses. If religion had not lost its ruler-ship of the world we would still be in the dark ages, and science would not even exist. If it were up to religion, we still would not know how to make cows milk safe to drink.

About time we started treating religious folk the same way we treat anyone with a mental illness. Religion is holding humanity back, without it we would be circa 5000 years more advanced than we are now.

Thanks to Religion, I don't live on board the Starship USS Enterprise

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

well christians in the usa, have pretty much been forced to go along with what non-christians want, and this is forced on us by saying we shouldn't have church and state.

Tell me one thing Christians are forced to go along with.

Separation of church and state is one of our founding principles. It protects the church FROM the state and vice versa.

but assuming we shouldn't vote our consciences is taking it too far, and that's literally where we are at now.

What? Can you explain, in real terms, what that means? Are you free to vote your conscience or not?

but we are still accused as a group, of wanting a religious dictatorship

You've just ridiculed separation of church and state. What else are we to think? That you DON'T agree with the separation. Melding of church and state is a theocracy. Is that what you want?

there's no distinction made because we are targets for extermination.

That's your own convoluted fear-fantasy.

read any text about how genocides start, and you got what's happening to christians in every society, be they western or not.

When people don't agree with your opinions, religion or thoughts, ad choose to live their lives according to THEIR beliefs, that is not the same as genocide.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

read any text about how genocides start

So Christians belong to one ethnic group that is on its way to being in a genocide by Atheists or ISIS?

well christians in the usa, have pretty much been forced to go along with what non-christians want, and this is forced on us by saying we shouldn't have church and state.

Forced or voted against always whenever a Fanatical Christian that writes policy tries to get something like that passed?

i really am not interested in living under a religious dictatorship and alot of religious people also feel that way, but we are still accused as a group, of wanting a religious dictatorship, there's no distinction made because we are targets for extermination.

You are one the very few if any I have seen suggest this.

You say others accuse you as a group and are targets for extermination no one else that I have seen, but like I say when I see such stupidity I take it such until that stupidity wants act out and then I will react.

You are the one saying all these things, you believe you are forced in the so called land of the free.

I have had enough of this joke, so many jokers lately on ATS, Jokers I mean like the Joker out of batman, batsnip crazy in what they say.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

convince me by providing a convincing argument for the posts i saw in a thread earlier, where christians were being lambasted for just about anything and everything.

As an atheist, a woman and someone whose views don't exactly align with many people, welcome to the group! Being lambasted is part of standing up for what you believe. Are you so used to people agreeing with you that you don't have the courage to be told you're wrong by someone? Please! We ALL have different views. Just because someone disagrees and calls me a name doesn't mean I'm a victim of persecution.

You've blamed the non-religious for the destruction of mankind, and you don't see me starting a thread about it. I'm used to it. I suggest you get a thicker skin if what you expect is for everyone to politely disagree and move on.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

convince me by providing a convincing argument for the posts i saw in a thread earlier

How could I even if i would want convince you when I don't know what thread you are talking about.

However you just brought up another reason to repeat what I posted earlier to you, I will quote myself

Maybe take a break from ATS if you think a thread here has so much power.

My eyes are open

please open your eyes.

If I do anymore my retinas will fall out

by warning christians off from the idea of attacking isis, i'm saving them from having blood on their hands, even if they are still accused of having it there.

Are you a Christian?

Isn't it not the way of Christ to not attack anyone but forgive everyone?

Get of ats and find your bearings as you have completely lost them.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
inhale/exhale

actually, i think my bearings are just fine. you even said, what i said about christians not having blood on their hands is the correct way to be, so why are you accusing me of not having the correct bearings? that's damn confusing
edit on 19-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

i blamed the non religious leaders of it. you win by default by following what the non religoius leaders are selling to you. i lose by default by following what a religious text tells me instead of the non religious leaders. why are you so offended? you aren't in this conundrum of a situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join