It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS and you

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

ask klassified if your version of my beliefs is accurate.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Do you believe in Christ?

If so then I am more than aware of your belief system and no need to ask Klassified anything.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Do you believe in Christ?

If so then I am more than aware of your belief system and no need to ask Klassified anything.

sorry but no, you're not.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You might be surprised. Her belief in Christ is not what mainstream Christianity holds as truth, but yes, she does believe in Christ. She just isn't your typical Christian in doctrine or theology. I've learned much from this lady, and respect her, whether or not we agree on everything.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

aww thank you, klassified.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
You might be surprised. Her belief in Christ is not what mainstream Christianity holds as truth, but yes, she does believe in Christ. She just isn't your typical Christian in doctrine or theology. I've learned much from this lady, and respect her, whether or not we agree on everything.

"typical" as though there is a typical denomination. the only thing consistent across the board is that jesus is savior and the only thing worth appreciating and anyone who disagrees is under the influence of demons.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
you win by default by following what the non religoius leaders are selling to you.

WIN??? Win what? And why do you think I'm winning something? I asked you what you are "forced" to go along with and you ignored it. I'm as "forced" as you are...

i lose by default by following what a religious text tells me instead of the non religious leaders.

What do you lose? If you're following your religious text, what are you "losing"?

why are you so offended? you aren't in this conundrum of a situation.

I'm not offended at all. What situation? You are living your life by your beliefs (so am I), you vote with your conscience (so do I), you get criticized for your beliefs (so do I). Where's the win/lose?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

nope. there's a new thread calling christians to eradicate isis. christians should not get involved in that, cause people like you, will blame them for the whole thing. i would much rather die because they had no other choice but to make # up as a reason to kill me, than give them a biblical reason (blood on my hands is not going to happen!)

You cannot quote one thing I have ever posted that "blames Christians for the whole thing." How dare you!?!

That's a lie and you know it's a lie. Does your brand of Christianity allow you to post lies on the internet?

Your posts, as several have noted, display a victim complex that is profound, and now, you've shown that you're very willing to post outright untruths.

The factor of other people to Christians killed is probably greater than 500:1 based on the estimates I've seen. This is not to say, as I've said to you multiple times, linked to you, etc. that the Christians are not important, but merely that ALL THE VICTIMS OF ISIS are important, and there are far, far more Muslims (Shia and Sunni) and ethnic fatalities than Christian ones.

Sanity would have us focus on the HUMAN losses, instead of the religious ones.
edit on 10Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:32:26 -060015p102015266 by Gryphon66 because: -s

edit on 10Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:34:33 -060015p102015266 by Gryphon66 because: Corrected sentence order

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Klassified

"typical" as though there is a typical denomination. the only thing consistent across the board is that jesus is savior and the only thing worth appreciating and anyone who disagrees is under the influence of demons.

I understand what you're saying, and if you've seen my posts and threads, you know my stance on mainstream biblical Christianity, but you would do well to read some of her past threads and posts. imho.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

inhale/exhale

actually, i think my bearings are just fine. you even said, what i said about christians not having blood on their hands is the correct way to be, so why are you accusing me of not having the correct bearings? that's damn confusing

I said that?

See above, the question mark the same as what was at the end of the twice I asked you is that not what Christians and a Christianity should be about according to the teachings of Christ?

I believe it to be so but as I am not a Church going Christian but one in my heart I wanted to hear what someone had to say that claims to be a Christ follower.

To be honest I couldn't class myself as a christian just like I think at least a high majority of Christians aren't Christians in what I have posted about forgiveness and turning the other cheek and having full faith in GOD

that's damn confusing

Yes it is when your bearing are all out of whack otherwise you read what is written in I think is quite a clear fashion and respond or ignore.

Its some friendly advice to take a break from that what is causing you stress and distress, that being threads on ATS as you take them to heart,

I took a few months or maybe about month away from ATS just at the end of last year and felt a bit better as in not reading all the debates, insults whether veiled or not, madness and fear spread on here so often, yes I did wonder what was on ATS here and there but thought stuff it I need break, When I came back was just after what Happened in France with the Journalist being killed and few others and this place was mad house, worse than ever before of being member since 2012 and a very frequent reader for 6 years before that.

Trouble is I try not logging on every night as its just gotten worse since the new year and steadily sliding down hill in insanity with whats being posted here on the boards.

You have choice to stress yourself out reading or taking a a break and trying to recuperate

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Her OP was typical of most Christians I have come to Love and Hate on ATS.

I am not going to get into "undos" private belief system but as her OP was all about folk blaming Christianity for all the Worlds Woes then she herself aligned with mainstream Christianity.

If "undo" does not believe in Mainstream Christianity then why make an thread about it?

Tad bizarre.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

i didn't say YOU would, i said people like you. you like to accuse me of things, just because i dont want to die or see anyone else die. you claim that's me having a persecution complex. i've been dead once already, btw. it was a slow painful thing. don't want to revisit it. in fact, i wish no one had to die (including you). but that's another topic.

i'm also outlining, clearly, in this thread, that i think isis is killing the moderate muslims and now they are trying to make good on their claims to kill christians. i noticed earlier, a thread where a christian was calling for other christians to kill isis. i think that's the wrong approach, because 1) it will give the leaders of the world a reason to call for the deaths of christians, which the populace has already been pre-programmed to agree with and 2) this really isn't about yazudis or zoroastrians, it's about the big 3 abrahamic religions. you don't think so??

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I am not going to get into "undos" private belief system but as her OP was all about folk blaming Christianity for all the Worlds Woes then she herself aligned with mainstream Christianity.

If "undo" does not believe in Mainstream Christianity then why make an thread about it?

Tad bizarre.

cause as a christian, i don't want other christians to get involved in the war against isis.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

that's good advice. i frequently have to unplug from the constant negativity here. i just don't know what to think about isis, other than the gut wrenching feeling that christians should not be calling for a war against them. it just smacks of damned if you do, damned if you don't.
edit on 19-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

you claim that's me having a persecution complex.

Undo, you have to understand that some folk here on ATS have seen many threads about Christians being persecuted etc. There are several threads on ATS about this very subject all from Christian Members who believe they are being persecuted. Especially with the whole Gay Marriage thing going on in the states, and you know something...... had ATS and the technology been around in the 1960's, those same Christians would be saying how persecuted they were because their god did not believe in "Interracial Marriage"

Its tedious to come on to ATS with so many Religious members believing they are being persecuted. I personally would say go to the Middle East and find out what Persecution really means....

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

So, now that I'm pressing you to answer some of the statements you've made, you're going to ignore me altogether?

You say that you "lose" and I "win", you're "forced" to go along with stuff, you don't support a separation of church and state, yet you don't want a dictatorship... You make yourself out to be a victim and when I ask for specifics, you can't come up with them... So, I guess ignoring me is your best tack.

I do agree with you that it's not right to expect Christians to handle the ISIS situation, because, as much as you want it to be, this is NOT about religion. What is going on is the furthest thing from religion possible. Because, trust me, if ISIS could kill me, they would without thought as to my religion.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

well that was a very reasonable post. so you do you agree with me that this isis thing looks like it's meant to remove moderate muslims from the population and christians as well? and if they remove christians, what happens to the jews? it's a logic chain.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I'm not interested in weasel words, nor in your epistemological sidestepping.

Yes, I know you're afraid. Yet, you've had facts provided for you repeatedly, and you're more interested in nurturing your beliefs.

The leaders of the world are NOT going to call for the death's of Christians!!!

Oh, the populace has "already been programmed to agree with me" ... that's the me that's blaming Christians for their own deaths???

No, I ABSOLUTELY disagree that the only people that "this is about" are Jews, Christians and Muslims.

What a sick perspective!

Now, counter-post and tell us that's not what you meant, even though it's what you said.

Seek help.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Tad bizarre.

cause as a christian, i don't want other christians to get involved in the war against isis.

You're confusing the hell out of me now! you are either a Christian or your not! which is it?

Westboro Church class themselves as Christian, the KKK class themselves as Christian, there are many "sects" to Christianity and just because you probably have a different opinion to most about Christ, you are still a Christian.
edit on 19.2.2015 by flammadraco because: changed grammar before the "Grammar Police" found me!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

so you do you agree with me that this isis thing looks like it's meant to remove moderate muslims from the population and christians as well?

I said no such thing! What are you talking about? If you're not going to have the courtesy to answer my questions, this is not a discussion and I won't take part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join