It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are the image of God!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

If that's the case, Jesus' doctrine is Satanic. Why do you believe in Satanic doctrine?
edit on 2/18/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
YOU are the image of God!

Agreed.

Those in power have made an idol in the form of Jesus, a man. This is idolatry and the worship of a graven image. The true image is right in front of you, and it is TRUE life.

I don't see the Idolatry anywhere, you mean the cross? Or just thinking of Jesus is idolatry?

It seems difficult to separate the person from the teachings, and as Jesus (reportedly) said:
I and My Father are one.
“Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

So it seems holding Jesus in esteem is not a problem and as I can only get to God through Him ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.") if I deny Jesus I deny God (which would be to deny myself if as you purport I am God's image).

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What you just said is not what I said at all...

What you just said is a very big sin you are a messed up little fellow...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, if God created everything than everything is "God". You, me, your keyboard and monitor too. The same with the baddies like ISIS, they're part of God as well. Everything is everything.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

No, I mean the worship of a man as God.

"Do not make any images in the form of a man or woman." Jesus was a man wasn't he? So worshiping a man as God is idol worship according to your own book. The image is not a man, it is what reveals the man.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You said claiming to be the exact likeness and Son of God is Satanic. Didn't Paul say Jesus was the exact likeness of God and equal to him? If the doctrine that we are the exact likeness of God is Satanic, then so is Paul's and Jesus'.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
In the beginning was the word, and the word was god.

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Don't believe everything you read, and don't believe everything you see. Look at the bigger picture.

99,9% of the visible universe is plasma(light) but we only visibly see less than 1% of ALL that "IS" there. So the 99.9% we see is actually the minority unless we see what is not there also.

This GREAT nothing is the bigger part of the all*(one) and is full of the light which is in transit, ie not reflected. Therefore if the eye be single*(one) the body(image) will fill with light.

edit on 18-2-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

No, I mean the worship of a man as God.

"Do not make any images in the form of a man or woman." Jesus was a man wasn't he? So worshiping a man as God is idol worship according to your own book. The image is not a man, it is what reveals the man.

But he said (again, reportedly)
I and My Father are one.
“Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

So Jesus was God and it's not idolatry. To believe in Jesus is to believe his words and teaching (which would mean he is God and it is not idolatry to worship God).

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Don't twist my words Jesus is God you and I are not,you liar...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A great song your OP reminded me of, s&f to ya......

"It was written" -Damian Marley-

And it was written Up in the book of life Cause the man shall Endure forever more

Well did you know the pen Is stronger than the knife, And they can kill you once, But they can't kill you twice

Did you know destruction of the flesh is not the ending to life, Fear not of the anti-christ!

Did you know that I Exist before the earth, And did you know my eyes Are windows to the world.

Did you know you can't go to Zion and a wear jheri curls Can't tell the boys from the girls.

The body's just a vehicle, Transporting the soul, It's what's inside the people Is beauty to behold.

Fear not of evil Everyday dem flesh it grow old, Changes of the time take the toll...................

Well shoot....I tried to link the entire song and video but all I can find are Dubstep remixes, sorry about that....

This song does play on Internet radio like Pandora
edit on 18-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

The word duplicate isn't even in the OP. Where are you getting this from?

I apologize, I was assuming that you were implying (as many do) that because we are "in the image of God",that we are therefore somehow 'little gods'.

A photograph may be someones image but that does not make them two dimensional.

You also said we are the "image" (something viewable) of "eternal life" but eternal life is an invisible concept.

The meanings behind the Bible are quite clear and have been so for two millennia.

You have taken small segments, out of context, making them ambiguous by loose language definitions and have come up with a conclusion which is at odds with what the sum of the Bible says.

The process is ill-reasoned.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

He also said this:

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Just because you are one with something does not make you that thing fully. Your hand is one with your body, but is your hand your body? No. In the same way Jesus is one with God but he is not God.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Of course truth will be at odds with a lie, and that's exactly what the bible is: a lie perpetuated as truth. The inconsistencies and contradictions within its pages prove it is fallible and not of God. Men wrote it, it is fallible.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

the Bible begins something like this In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was God...
Everybody knows the WORD is Jesus now you know Jesus is Indeed God...
there are many more examples in the Bible which state the same thing in various other ways it is however of utmost importance and that's why the Bible starts out that way...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Paul says Jesus is the exact likeness of God and equal to him. That's a Satanic doctrine remember? You willingly follow Satan's doctrine in your own words. I'm not twisting anything, you are twisting your own mind to ease the dissonance your own words create.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

LOL! The bible doesn't start that way at all, the bible starts with "In the beginning God created the heavens and Earth."

Proving once again, you have never bothered reading the bible yourself and assume it is infallible based on incomplete information.

When you bother reading the bible for yourself, come back to me. As it stands, it's like a doctor debating a first grader about the anatomy of a brain.

(post by 5StarOracle removed for a manners violation)
(post by 5StarOracle removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Matthew 5
22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Uh oh, looks like you've put yourself in danger of hell, better repent!

Insults is all you've got. Not surprising since you have no way to refute what I say.

Like Socrates said: "the one losing an argument uses slander as his tool."

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Stop being so insecure. I asked people not to make this thread about me, yet that is all you've done since you've joined in.

If you had any legs to stand on you wouldn't have to resort to slander, as it stands you only have slander as your tool. I forgive you though, I know insecurity brings out the worst in people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join