It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are the image of God!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What is it that you see right now? Do not focus on what you look at, focus on what you SEE.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

- Henry David Thoreau

What you see right now is light and it is in the form of an image, that image reveals the world around you. The image you see is the light of the world, it is what illuminates the world around you. Without the image you see, there would only be darkness, you would be blind.

Matthew 6
23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

What does the bible refer to Jesus as?

John 8
12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Colossians 1
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Jesus is the light of the world and the image of God. Mankind is made in God's image and in his likeness.

What if what the bible refers to as Jesus is actually the image that you see right now? What if Jesus calling himself the light of the world is him describing what you are?

Matthew 5
14 "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

Yes, when Jesus speaks of himself, he is also speaking of YOU. YOU are the light of the world just as Jesus was.

Hebrews 1
3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

If the Son is the exact representation or "likeness" of God's being, and if he is the image and radiance of God, and if we are made in the image and likeness of God, wouldn't that mean that WE are God's image? The image we see IS the radiance and exact likeness and representation of God's being.

John 14
9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Those who have seen Jesus have seen his Father; those who have seen the image have seen the Father; those who have seen the light of the world have seen the Father.

You see the image right now as you read this, you see the light of the world as you read this. You see the Father right now, and the image of light you see is the exact likeness of the Father. The perfection of the physical world is a representation of the perfection of the Father who is within you.

John 14
9 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

What you are looking at right now is you seeing the one who sent Jesus. You see the image of God right now, it is pure light and it lights the world.

John 14
19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.

What above anything else affirms that you live? The image of light that constitutes your vision. It is your identity, it is who you truly are. Because you see the image, because Jesus (the image) lives, you also live. The image is the proof that you live.

The image you see is the radiance of God, it is his exact representation, just as the bible states.

2 Corinthians 4
4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Why do people not see the light of God? Because the god of this age, the Abrahamic god, has blinded them to it, they do not recognize the true light that is the image of God, they fail to recognize the glory of Christ, which is his image. They believe in a false image, that of a man.

15 "So watch yourselves carefully, since you did not see any form on the day the LORD spoke to you at Horeb from the midst of the fire, 16 so do not corrupt yourselves by making an idol in any form-- whether of a man or a woman,

Those in power have made an idol in the form of Jesus, a man. This is idolatry and the worship of a graven image. The true image is right in front of you, and it is TRUE life.

YOU are the image of God, YOU are the light of the world, YOU are the Son of God, and YOU are the exact likeness of God.

Stop being blinded by idols, stop being blinded by Jesus' sacrifice. Jesus' sacrifice is what blinds you to the true glory of God, which is the image of light you see right now.

YOU are the image of God, and that image is eternal life.
edit on 2/18/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just a question, 3NL1GHT3N3D1, are you Okay with the teachings of Jesus?

Is it just his image that is the problem?

edit on 18-2-2015 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

I wouldn't believe in him if I wasn't. He calls us the light of the world, my philosophy is based on Jesus' words, he equates us with himself by calling us the light of the world.

Did you read the OP? Or will you continue to address me personally instead of the information I presented. I see that as you blocking out what I say instead of reading it for what it is.

Please don't make this thread about me personally, make it about the information I presented in the OP. It is very easy to understand, if you can't refute it then don't stray off topic by making it about me personally.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I thought the eternal Sun was God, I mean alot of religions are based on and off it, while a lot religions hate it for the significance it had in pagan mythologies.

I mean look at the Muslums, they say Allah higher then the Sun, but I still see them praying for a bright tomm and for some rain, so the Sun won't kill them with it spears of light.

i mean the Sun going to cause the End of time(in the solar system), and if humans don't go to heaven, they'll burn in hell.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sorry to touch a nerve, the question helps me understand your OP.

Sometimes people ask follow up questions to help understand the premise better.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

No nerve touched, I just see people coming into my threads and making it about me instead of the information presented far too often. I want a discussion about the OP, not myself.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Interesting post ... It actually correlates to Hermetic thought on this subject

In speaking of light

We do not omit visible light ... most light is reflected from a source ... The Sun in our case
We could be said to be reflections of light
It could be called the Sun of the Creator ...

Not wishing to sound contrary but in that case we are reflections of light

But I wont be pedantic here as I agree with your premise
edit on 18-2-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Our bodies may be the reflection of light, but who we are, the image that reveals the light, is what the body is a reflection of. We are more than just a body, we are also a soul, the observer and controller of the body.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I could not agree more
The body is but the means for the soul to interact with the more base substance of Earth

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The belief in the self as God is the foundation of satanism,the way you twist words can only be due to extreme confusion or a deliberate attempt to do so and lead others astray...

Man was created in Gods likeness, that does not make us God he did not say let us create ourself...

Like God is not To be God...

Just as Jesus was betrayed on Earth the same was true in Heaven the betrayal was known to God before it happened he knew the attempt would be made to destroy his creation...

The choice to make man in his image was to test his kingdom and to save his creation from what he knew to be inevitable...

You are not the Son of God you are not created in my exact likeness let alone Gods...

The proof is easy enough against your claim and they were spoke by the Father... " this is my only begotten Son with whom I am well pleased"

Stop leading others astray you are more akin to Satan than the Lord for you so loveth your lie and are most full of pride

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I never claimed to be God. I'm not sure where you got that idea. Maybe it's your way of trying to discredit my words?

Either way, I am not God and never claimed to be. I am God's image, as are you.

The "only begotten Son" is a statement on multiplicity from unity. God says "in OUR image" in Genesis, meaning multiplicity. We are that multiplicity of the one, though any one person is not God because God is greater than they are. God is much greater than little ol' me.

There is only ONE image, hence "only begotten Son/image". When I look at the moon and you look at the moon, we are seeing the ONE image, only from different viewpoints.

Also, calling me akin to Satan is an insult. Why must you insult me? I thought we were past that? Stop trying to make the thread about me. That's very disrespectful when I've already asked that not to happen.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You said I was the exact likeness of God that I was the son of God These are both lies...
They would mean I am God and so are you...
this thread is just more of you trying to be something you at not...
What you are doing is bearing false witness which could only mean you are un godlike for doing so...

edit on 18-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Spell

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

STOP MAKING THE THREAD ABOUT ME!

Jeez, why can't you just address the information instead of me personally? If you attacking me personally is what helps you to somehow ignore and discredit the information I present, that's called intellectual dishonesty.

Again, address the information, not the one presenting it.

Being the exact likeness does not mean you are God. You are putting words in my mouth, a sign of insecurity. Being "like" something is not the same as being the same!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Stop lying

I didn't lie you are the one doing what I have claimed,I hold you accountable for your words... put on your big boy pants and deal with it your doctrines are misleading and self serving...

Your just plain wrong The Son Of God is God you are niether of those things nor do you or I share his exact likeness for this to be true we would all appear exactly the same your lie can not stand...
edit on 18-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Cause

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Nevermind.

Lying implies I am intentionally misleading people. I am not intentionally misleading anyone, I am presenting my view on what the image of God, just because you disagree doesn't mean I am lying. If that's the case, you are lying because I disagree with you.

Put YOUR big boy pants on and face the reality: you cannot refute what I say. That's why you have to call me the thing you're afraid of.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Tell me to stop being a douche then change it to never mind...
You know you are wrong this fills you will wrath because like satan your pride was hurt...
Glorify God instead of trying to elevate yourself...
edit on 18-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Ol

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

LOL. Ignore.

When an argument is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.

-Socrates

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

YOU are the image of God, and that image is eternal life.

"Image"does not mean duplicate. It means 'looks like'.

How does one see "eternal life"?

Just irrational.

edit on 18/2/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The word duplicate isn't even in the OP. Where are you getting this from?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You said the exact likeness of God this would be his equal or duplicate this is a satanic doctrine...
edit on 18-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Oops

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join