It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are the image of God!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You are seemingly confused about a great many things I'm calling you a liar outright this is your teachings not Gods perhaps you wish to start your own cult who wish to follow your belief system based on your lies...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Have you repented for calling me a fool yet? If you still think I am a fool, you haven't repented at all and are in danger of hellfire. I know you are extremely afraid of hell, so why not take it back?

(post by 5StarOracle removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why do the haters keep calling me a fool? Don't they know that puts them in danger of hellfire? Why won't they repent? Do they WANT to go to hell?
edit on 2/18/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Enough of stooping down to their level, I won't do it any longer. They are going to hell anyways, right? At least according to their book.
edit on 2/18/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Are you passing final judgement on me God?

You are also not my brother in Christ because you do not believe in him...

edit on 18-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ugh! Some people are so damn disrespectful it's sickening. Why can't the OP be discussed instead of me personally? I guess it's because some people are so insecure and unknowledgable about their own beliefs, that's their last and only resort.

Address the topic, not the poster. Can we please get back on topic?

(post by 5StarOracle removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ah! I always wondered what that button was for. Thanks! I definitely pushed it.

I can't stand people who are so disrespectful to others wishes. Maybe you'll get a posting ban, I mean you ARE willingly and knowingly derailing my thread. Hopefully the mods will recognize that.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There are quite a few religions, including some of the Abrhamic religions, that make it pretty clear that "God" is essentially incomprehensible to us mere humans, and that any attempt to portray God is a distraction from the truth, a diminution of the concept of God, and utter and complete blasphemy.

Of course, this notion itself is paradoxical, which makes it even more difficult to functionalize the concept of God to make it even worth discussing. How exactly is one supposed to even talk about something that is supposedly unfathomable and incomprehensible?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
if we were the exact image of God we would be the same think and believe the same your thread is a lie...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That would negate free will wouldn't it?

If Jesus was the exact image of the OT god his teachings would align perfectly with the OT god. But he changes his own rules on more than one occasion.

Hate your enemies? Jesus changed that.

Eye for an eye? Jesus changed that too.

Oh well, his views are different than Yahweh's, I guess that means they can't be one in the same.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: chr0naut

Of course truth will be at odds with a lie, and that's exactly what the bible is: a lie perpetuated as truth. The inconsistencies and contradictions within its pages prove it is fallible and not of God. Men wrote it, it is fallible.

When you apply invalid conclusions from any work of literature, of course they will be likely to be untrue.

I approach the Bible as truth to what it purports to be. I have not found a valid reason to doubt the truth of it after a number of years of study.

The Bible has been probed, examined, criticized, dissected, doubted and studied for millennia, probably more that any other written work, yet it still stands today.

It was written over vast swathes of history, by multiple writers and yet retains an internal consistency that a single author would find hard to attain.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
It was written over vast swathes of history, by multiple writers and yet retains an internal consistency that a single author would find hard to attain.

Well, it certainly helps to cherry pick the documents you want to put in it from the hundreds if not thousands of available documents, then have some of the smartest scholars you have available to you go through and edit it heavily to make the pieces fit. It also helps to have people through the ages willing to twist themselves in semantic knots to smooth out the remaining rough edges.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Perhaps Buddhism/Hinduism can throw a bit of light on Christian teachings. Part of being the Son is unifying with the Father (Gods mind) and that is what Jesus was capable of doing and perhaps only a handful of others in all of earth's history. Unifying with the Father does not make one a God because God is a trinity. But it did give Jesus Godlike powers as long as any miracle he performed was also the wish of God.

When Jesus died he said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." The words were to the Father so that the karma of the people that killed his body would be forgiven.

If one gas ego (satanical wishes) one can not unite with the Father as the Father will not allow it. So its not so much as people becoming Gods, its more so, that people align to the Fathers whim. So anyone going down the path for Godlike powers will always fail. The path is to unite with the father and follow his every whim (total obedience).

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Can't help, but place this ultra-control freak God in the same category as Kronos. Seems like a dead-on fit. Any being that demands total obedience is going to get ousted eventually, even if it's by his own son. Regardless of how calmly or how soothing any being claims to be or appears to be or feels to be, total obedience is slavery. Don't let any false master of time trick you into sacrificing your autonomy.

I don't believe any singular being within this Universe is the almighty. I believe it is simply a spectrum of influence and power. I don't believe any being has absolute power, and the fact that so many humans tend towards this belief is genuinely frightening and potentially reflective of that person's inner desires, or what they have been conditioned to believe so as to make them slaves.

In all seriousness I have no bloody idea. I've seen so much and my belief systems have been built up and shattered so many times that I don't know what the # to think.

I suppose that's "his" will though, right?

I'll tell ya one thing, a lot of people don't take kindly to having their autonomy stripped away, and one of those things is their right to their beliefs. Sure, if you tell them about the dynamism of our minds throughout our lives, it can bring into question the validity of the beliefs. Most don't see it that way, and will fight tooth and nail for their beliefs, regardless of how ridiculous, to how incredibly true they may be.

Attack me if you will. I will not threaten, I will not wish evil upon you. I cannot say attacking me is a sound strategy, but I recognize it may be in some people's minds. I'll handle it appropriately.

I will sit here, in my cave, unaffected.

edit on 18-2-2015 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2015 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
he wishes...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 1Providence1

I will not attack you, to the contrary I clicked your post for being refreshingly honest. No-one can know God because God is aloof so my words are from a belief system that could be totally misaligned with a greater truth, who knows. But I feel our autonomy is never striped away but transformed and expanded. You will always be you and if you want remain in your cave then your wish will always be granted but the father might just make that cave a bit bigger is all.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Very thoughtful indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join