It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation and Karma

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

But you're the one that suggested he "remove your suit...and let us get on with our lives" What are you saying other than his experience means nothing to you and furthermore... "he takes up precious resources"

It's called a reductio ad absurdem. The argument is that we are not our bodies, but the only time they can argue this is when they are their bodies. I'm simply telling them to get on with it. I'm not talking about their experiences.

You feel bad for them for whatever reason. Why? They are not their bodies anyways.

I quoted some of Bohrs other ideas... care to comment?

The game we are supposed to be playing here is I post a quote, you post a quote, and so on, right? No I'm not interested.

I do not know JimNasium. If you can show me where I stated otherwise or assumed anything about him, I'd be interested in hearing it.

And yet you stated : which implies that you somehow know something of him and assumed.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

it's easy to simply assert reincarnation and karma are laws, but until it is backed up with evidence and valid thought, the philosopher is there to call bull#

What is Law other than

en.wikipedia.org...

Law is a system of rules that are enforced through social institutions to govern behaviour.

To put it bluntly...social convention.

I feel comfortable calling reincarnation and karma "laws".
If you like we can discuss philosophically what is law.
How about a thought experiment - prove with evidence that laws exist other than in your mind

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The argument is that we are not our bodies, but the only time they can argue this is when they are their bodies.

When the illusion of separation dissolves it will be seen but not until.

edit on 20-2-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The game we are supposed to be playing here is I post a quote, you post a quote, and so on, right? No I'm not interested.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you wanted to stop, pick up your marbles and not play anymore. Fair enough.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It was a joke. Don't apologize. Why do you want me to comment on Niels Bohr?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Well you bought up Niels Bohr -as if Bohr had never anything to say about the world other than through the eyes of the strict scientific method. Dare I say you appeared to be appealing to an authority.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Niels Bohr, was once a monkey who's dance was kind of funky, he reached for a banana and got a hose, the next in the cage caught a bop on the nose. Philosophy is a pit hard to climb out, reach one hand in and pull another out... tis yourself you'll find at the bottom. Quick! Toss it back in!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: toxicspikes

Sent you a PM. Good hunting!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If you take away religion, it would be hard to explain the relation between Karma and Reincarnation.

Karma is the one of the main reasons leading to reincarnation. In our past lives, because of karma, we are in this present life to reap what we had sowed, be it good or bad. Kinda of like debt or credit. What we are doing in this current life would also be seeds that we are sowing for the future lives or the future of our current life, and with this karmic cycle it is very difficult to escape from Reincarnation.

The other reason for reincarnation is for Soul fulfillment/advancement or whatever term you wanna call it, but generally to reach the levels of knowledge/enlightenment as our "Gods" (Budddha/Jesus etc) where reincarnation would then finally ceased. This is the ONLY way of escaping Reincarnation.

Thus it is a choice in our current life of choosing to chase after materialistic ideals and in turn create Karma or like some others, who devote themselves to religion, hoping to achieve and close to achieving what our "Gods" did.

Now why would i say its impossible to avoid religion in this topic? Simply because in Buddhism this topic has already been around since thousands of years ago, if you are spiritually awakened and has the full ability of the 6 "supernatuaral" senses, you will see and know that that Karma is real so is Reincarnation. In this current age, many many people are actually awakened and few will disagree on the Buddhism teachings of Karma and Reincarnation.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Live long and eventually the flower prospers, pluck it? and watch the world die, spin it and galaxies thus fly.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join