It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House REFUSES To Call 21 Beheading Victims CHRISTIANS In Statement Against ISIS Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

I tend to think it's done in this way simply to get more countries to join in the battle against ISIS. In this way it removes the religious association from that and hones in on making ISIS a universal enemy.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Seems equally plausible CT.

Dare I say a bit of both maybe, depending on the demographic they're targeting.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

White House REFUSES To Call 21 Beheading Victims CHRISTIANS In Statement Against ISIS Attack

Why should it matter if the latest victims shown in the irresponsible media hype around "ISIS" are Christians or anything else?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well, however one wants to look at it, ISIS made sure to label them as Christians in their video, so Obama doesn't really have to do it.
I am pleased to see that the majority Muslim nation of Egypt chose to respond to ISIS in a way that ISIS understands, regardless of the religious persuasion of their citizens that were executed.
Good on the Egyptians!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
C'mon, Buster...you're smarter than this...even ISIS says (in their own hideous murder video) that they killed them because-they-were-Christians...in order to send a message to "The Nation of The Cross"!

ISIS behead 21 Christians in shocking video warning to 'people of the cross'

The gruesome five-minute long video, released tonight and called 'A Message Signed With Blood To The Nation Of The Cross', shows a line of men in orange jumpsuits being walked along a beach front with a masked jihadi grabbing their arm.

The militant speaker then pointed northward and said: "We will conquer Rome, by Allah's permission."

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Kryties

Sure it seems like not much but when you add up all of it together you get to the point where you have an islamic caliphate with the goals of killing everyone going unchallenged on the world stage.

Unchallenged? Did you not read how Egypt has decried the executions (and bombed ISIS)? That the Kurds are fighting ISIS (and winning)? That Syria is resisting ISIS occupation? What exactly do you mean by "unchallenged"?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And calling them Christian somehow makes it more horrific or something? Twenty one people were beheaded, so what if they were Christian, or Jewish, or Muslim. A title doesn't change the fact that they were murdered, or how horrific it was.

I believe it matters to the Christian community. Certainly the Pope felt it mattered enough to mention in his statement.

"Their only words were: 'Jesus, help me!' They were killed simply for the fact that they were Christians," Francis said in his native Spanish, departing from the Italian he uses at most formal events.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So they were killed only because they were Christians? So the Muslims they have killed were because they were Muslims and the Japanese they killed were because they were Japanese. By the looks of it ISIS could care less what faith you follow or what nation you are from they seem to be killing for shock value.
Besides why does the faith of these poor people even need to be mentioned isn't being called Egyptian citizens good enough?

Because they were weren't killed just for being Egyptian, but because they were 'people of the cross'.

So now if ISIS says it everyone else should say it?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Prove they REFUSED or toss this POS thread in the hoax bin.

That's all.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

C'mon, Buster...you're smarter than this...even ISIS says (in their own hideous murder video) that they killed them because-they-were-Christians...in order to send a message to "The Nation of The Cross"!

Do you expect Obama to follow in ISIS's footsteps? The reason why ISIS even mentioned those people religion were to get a shock response from people and judging by the responses in this thread it worked. As long as ISIS can control how you feel they win.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Why should it matter if the latest victims shown in the irresponsible media hype around "ISIS" are Christians or anything else?

Forgive me, but let me try putting it like this:
If ISIS says they had just beheaded a large group of people because they were members of ATS...don't you think it would matter to ALL members of ATS?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'm neither Jordanian nor a pilot, but I found it absolutely reprehensible, morally bankrupt, disgusting, and wrong on every possible level when they lit a Jordanian pilot on fire.

Should I care more if he was an ats member?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
At this point it may be useful to speculate Obama is deliberately trying to excite and exacerbate the right-wing war lovers to build a pent up rage so the next president can have support for the war coming

The writers of the scripts from the conspiracy perspective have written Obama out of the big war coming up

It’s for Hillary or Jeb

Obama’s orders:

Just hold off flunky and rile the Sheeple so our Prince of Darkness, Jeb Bush or our Wicked Witch of the West, Hillary Clinton can have enough blood lust piled up for ten wars!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Do you expect Obama to follow in ISIS's footsteps? The reason why ISIS even mentioned those people religion were to get a shock response from people and judging by the responses in this thread it worked. As long as ISIS can control how you feel they win.

Wow
It is interesting to learn that you are inside the minds of isis members.

How many different subjects do they let you speak on their behalf?

Seems that hussian just may be leading the charge on several fronts.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If ISIS were selective in their victims I'd be one of he first to say the label should be appropriate.

But I can't think of a single person or type of person they haven't killed for some reason or another.

What the media should do is, label every one of ISISs victims as a supporter of ISIS or an ISIS member...

Sow discord and tear them apart from the inside.

I started that in jest but I'm starting to wonder how profound I can be sometimes

edit on 16-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And calling them Christian somehow makes it more horrific or something? Twenty one people were beheaded, so what if they were Christian, or Jewish, or Muslim. A title doesn't change the fact that they were murdered, or how horrific it was.

It is a disingenuous stance. Your stance leaves the impression that Islamic State is randomly picking out people for execution when they are not. They are targeting a specific demographic for extermination. This is persecution not random acts of violence.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: deadeyedick

a reply to: Kryties

Sure it seems like not much but when you add up all of it together you get to the point where you have an islamic caliphate with the goals of killing everyone going unchallenged on the world stage.

Unchallenged? Did you not read how Egypt has decried the executions (and bombed ISIS)? That the Kurds are fighting ISIS (and winning)? That Syria is resisting ISIS occupation? What exactly do you mean by "unchallenged"?

In context the term unchallenged means that everything you try to pacify us with is not posing a challenge to the islamic state.

It will take a more serious global effort to defeat the violence being done in the nema of God.

Seems like the thought is being put forth that we should do nothing and that thought will cause your submission or death.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Not really. ISIS is losing ground left and right. They've ticked off Egypt. There needs to be no response from us and ISIS will go away on their own.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

O ok random violence is acceptable?

The term infidels comes to mind.

Maybe not you but we are in this together.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

That specific demographic being "anyone who isn't ISIS, even the ones who aren't ISIS enough for our liking!"...

That specific demographic?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Dunno where you got that idea.

Anyways, who isn't an "Infidel" in the ISIS ideology?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join