It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Florida Attorney Dies From Cell Phone Induced Cancer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
linky

Overall, no increase in risk of glioma or meningioma was observed with use of mobile phones. There were suggestions of an increased risk of glioma at the highest exposure levels, but biases and error prevent a causal interpretation. The possible effects of long-term heavy use of mobile phones require further investigation.

from your link:

The possible effects of long-term heavy use of mobile phones require further investigation.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aquariusdude
www.medscape.com...

And if you read it, you'll discover it was funded by the Pandora Foundation. That's a bit worrisome, as they're dedicated to discovering that phones cause cancer. The primary author apparently works for Pandora, all his research certainly seems linked to them. So it's like a paper from CSPI saying meat is bad for you. I wouldn't be surprised that you'd get that outcome.

The type of study can't prove causality, either. And it depends on patient recall - it's a phone survey. They collected data on occupation and chemical exposure, but omitted that from the paper. Hmmmm. Some of his calculations also seem to use cherry picked subsets as well.

Before I'd jump on this as gospel in the face of many others that do NOT show any association, I'd take it as a data point and see if there are other similar analyses that corroborate it.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

from your link:

The possible effects of long-term heavy use of mobile phones require further investigation.

Of course it does. Only someone being disingenuous would try to say one study is absolute proof...especially so considering that the data is ambiguous and conflictory.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That was published in a peer reviewed journal.. I suppose the ones funded by the cell phone industry are better.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Your study is also interview based as well it seems..

Methods An interview-based case–control study with 2708 glioma and 2409 meningioma cases and matched controls was conducted in 13 countries using a common protocol.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That was published in a peer reviewed journal...

I thought that meant it wasn't to be trusted. Isn't that what you guys usually say? That it guarantees that it was controlled by Big Phone or whatever?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

My paper's interviews were better.

Plus they didn't fail to disclose their association with an anti-phone group. Tsk tsk!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That was published in a peer reviewed journal...

I thought that meant it wasn't to be trusted. Isn't that what you guys usually say? That it guarantees that it was controlled by Big Phone or whatever?

That's funny..The reason I make that clear because "you guys" are always clamoring that studies that aren't peer reviewed are not to be trusted..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

My paper's interviews were better.

Plus they didn't fail to disclose their association with an anti-phone group. Tsk tsk!

Sure they are.....

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I like how you tried to make the paper i posted look bad by saying it was interview based when the paper you posted is interview based..Hilarious
edit on pmqupmSat, 14 Feb 2015 15:04:07 -060004u0714u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

edit on pmq000000pmSat, 14 Feb 2015 15:43:10 -0600430000001014000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I like how you tried to make the paper i posted bad by saying it was interview based when the paper you posted is interview based..Hilarious

Hey...your paper states that the survey could skew the results. Mine didn't. That proves mine is better.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The coordination of the International Study and the national data collection in Europe and Israel is funded by the European Union (Quality of Life Programme under contract number QLK4-1999-01563) and the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC). Funding has also been obtained by national and local investigators in Europe and elsewhere from national and local funding bodies (for a complete list please see Interphone final report).

The UICC received funds for this purpose from the Mobile Manufacturers Forum (MMF) and Groupe Speciale Mobile Association (GSMA). Provision of funds to the INTERPHONE study investigators via the UICC was governed by agreements that guaranteed INTERPHONE's complete scientific independence. The following provisions ensure the scientific independence of the conduct, analysis and reporting of the INTERPHONE study:
The partial funds provided by the MMF/GSMA to the UICC complement funds received from non-commercial sources including the European Union and national and local research funding organisations.
The UICC retains full responsibility for the scientific oversight and the use of these funds, as well as the financial management of these funds.
The INTERPHONE International Study Group as a whole is responsible for the progress of the study, the choice of analyses to be conducted, and the interpretation and publications of results. All the decisions about the study are made exclusively by the INTERPHONE International Study Group.
The funders of the INTERPHONE Study do not have access to any results of the INTERPHONE Study before their publication. They may, however, be informed, together with representatives from other concerned organisations such as consumers' groups, a maximum of seven days before the publication of the results, under strict terms of confidentiality.

interphone.iarc.fr...

mmfai.info...

www.gsma.com...

Your study is funded by cell phone companies nice try..
edit on pmq000000pmSat, 14 Feb 2015 15:24:39 -0600240000003914000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

At least they stated it openly instead of conveniently omitting the affiliations and conflict of interest sections like YOUR study done and funded by Mr Pandora Foundation.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

At least they stated it openly instead of conveniently omitting the affiliations and conflict of interest sections like YOUR study done and funded by Mr Pandora Foundation.

Yeah it wasn't easy finding that..I would hardly say its open...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My dad is bigger than your dad.
I don't care my dad is gonna kick your butt.
My dad is gonna stomp your dad.

Lol.

I don't have a cell phone anymore but I highly doubt that cell phones cause cancer.
I have been smoking for over 40 years and I don't have cancer...yet...where is that wood to knock on.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikelkhall
My dad is bigger than your dad.
I don't care my dad is gonna kick your butt.
My dad is gonna stomp your dad.

Lol.

I don't have a cell phone anymore but I highly doubt that cell phones cause cancer.
I have been smoking for over 40 years and I don't have cancer...yet...where is that wood to knock on.

Yeah not everyone who smokes get cancer but the risk is there.. Why do you think cell phones don't cause cancer? Can you elaborate on that?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Canadian Goverment Introduces bill on EMF safety..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Doctor and Professors have been talking about the dangers of Cell phones, for at least 10+ years.
In the next 10-20 years there will be a huge number of brain tumours in adults.
All those microwaves travelling around, cant be good for biological life, considering microwaves are used for cooking.
Of course, industry will always tell you its safe....in moderation.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Yep and I think people like attorneys are the canary in the mine..Attorneys spend an inordinate amount of time on there cell phones..My attorney also died of a brain tumor on the side of the head where he used it. Johnnie Cohcran also died from a tumor from cell phone use..

Claims of a link between cell phone use and cancer are not new. In 2005, Dr. Keith Black, chairman of neurosurgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, told CNN that the malignant glioma that killed O.J. Simpson’s attorney, Johnnie Cochran, was the result of frequent cell phone use, based on the fact that the tumor developed on the side of the head against which Cochran held his phone.

“We do know that there is a significant correlation between the side that one uses their cell phone on and the side that you develop the brain tumor on,” Black said in 2005.

flcourier.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Yeah not everyone who smokes get cancer but the risk is there.. Why do you think cell phones don't cause cancer? Can you elaborate on that?

Ooo ooo because it's non-ionizing radiation. It doesn't have enough energy to break chemical bonds. That's why you don't have to worry about candle light and other far more energetic radiation than your cell phone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join