It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Florida Attorney Dies From Cell Phone Induced Cancer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Sure apples and oranges..Keep using cell phones next to your head then and keep it on your body they are completely safe! There's a reason why cell phones have a SAR rating..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
well this is not the first time. i can't find the one i was wanting, it was a few years after cell phones became the all life sustaining instrument that people make them out to be now.

there was a woman who died from a cancerous tumor on her brain, scans and x rays showed that it was shaped like a cell phone with the a antenna extended.

here are a couple of stories about the risks and studies.

An Orange County woman walked into a breast cancer clinic with a tumor roughly the shape of her cell phone. She routinely carried the phone in her bra to improve her Bluetooth connection. The tumor was unusual, but her surgeon didn't think much of it.
Then another woman came in with the same story.
"Wouldn't you know it, a month later we have another lady come in," said Dr. John West, surgeon at the Breast Care and Imaging Center in Orange. "She has the same history. The cancer was located just directly under where she put her cell phone.
Could your cell phone be dangerous?

The WHO's International Agency for Research on Cancer said last year that cell phone radiation is "possibly carcinogenic," meaning that cell phone use might be associated with brain tumor risk, specifically for glioma.

"The evidence, while still accumulating, is strong enough to support a conclusion and the 2B classification," Dr. Jonathan Samet, a scientist at the University of Southern California who chaired the working group, said in a statement.
Sheryl Crow Suspects Her Cell Phone Caused Her Benign Brain Tumor -- But Is It Possible?

this is from a reseacher, who studied cell phone cancer. the video from which it came from is below.

From Publishers Weekly
In 1993, when the cell phone industry's chief lobbyist hired epidemiologist and pathologist Carlo to refute claims that cell phones, which had never been subjected to premarket testing, cause cancer, no one thought he would discover otherwise. But after six years of exhaustive analysis and scrupulous peer review, the results proved, according to this report, that radiation from a cell phone's antenna can cause the formation of micronuclei red flags for cancer in the brain.

and here is the a article about the case that i was wanting.

“The tumor was exactly in the pattern of the antenna,” Reynard told King. In 1989, Susan Elen Reynard, then 31, was told she had a malignant astrocytoma, a brain cancer that occurs in about 6,000 adults in America each year. To David Reynard, the shape and size of Susan’s tumor — a hazy line swerving from the left side of her midbrain to the hindbrain — uncannily resembled a malignant shadow of the phone (but tumors, like clouds, can assume the shapes of our imaginations). Suzy, as she was known, held her phone at precisely that angle against her left ear, her husband said. Reynard underwent surgery for her cancer but to little effect. She died in 1992, just short of her 34th birthday. David was convinced that high doses of radiation from the cellphone was the cause.
Do Cellphones Cause Brain Cancer?

and one more, also notice that Israel,have required warnings laberls be placed on cell phones, India, has lowered the RF exposure limit to 1/10th of the existing level, and requires mfg's to list the levels on the phones, and Italy’s Supreme Court ruled that a 60-year old business executive’s brain tumor was caused by his heavy and long-term use of a mobile phone (5-6 hours a day for 12 years).

The most studied disease in human subjects is brain tumors. Several large epidemiological studies, including case-control and cohort studies, were carried out on hundreds of thousands of human subjects to determine if a link exists between cell phone use and brain tumors. The results were mixed, which is not surprising due to the complexity and generic limitations of epidemiological studies, the long-latency nature of the disease (10-30 years and longer), and the relatively short elapsed time since the inception of wide-spread cell phone use (15-20 years). Study results also tend to correlate to the funding sources – industry sponsored research is more likely to show no-link than independently funded studies.
A Progress of Research on Cell Phone Radiation Health Effects

i think that there is much more than just a co winky dink in the case of cell phone cancer.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: Aquariusdude

I said suspected cases, not confirmed. The numbers of confirmed cases are what exactly? Nearly none, correct? If you can count the number of confirmed cancer cases linked in even the fuzziest of ways to cell phone use, we still don't have anywhere near enough to call causation with.

Smokers are a different story indeed. Apples & oranges, different carcinogenic cause. We're talking about the theory of cellular use causing cancer, not burning combustible materials & inhaling them.

Confirmed cause of most cancers is extremely rare. There are just too many factors to "confirm" that one thing or another definitively led to the cancer. Most cancers are just given levels associated with various risk factors. That absolutely does not preclude that one of those factors was in fact the cause.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yeah I read about Dr George Carlo in the book Zapped why cell phones shouldn't be your alarm clock(great book)..I read that as soon as Dr Carlo found out cell phones caused cancer the cell phone industry pulled his funding and they blocked him from publishing his results!

Wow amazing case! And people are still in denial amazing..I guess its like the denial you get from cigarette smokers ...Good info! Thanks!
edit on pmqupmSat, 14 Feb 2015 12:41:18 -060041u1814u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

edit on pmq000000pmSat, 14 Feb 2015 12:43:23 -0600430000002314000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
When cell phones first became so abundant they were as heavy as-- and the size of a brick. Because of the huge batteries they required.

I thought things were better with these small phones we have now?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Without making a claim one way or the other about the cancer risk, the RF emissions have little to do with the physical size of the phone, but with the power amplitude of the emission as well as possible directive gains based on orientation.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aquariusdude

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

My attorney also died from cancer from using his cellphone on the very side of the head where he used his cell phone..People are dying..

There are millions of cell phones and how many deaths? A few dozen? I'm only saying that there are hundreds of ways to die and cell phones are not very high up on the list of leading causes.

I would love to know where you got a few dozen deaths from cell phone use..As far as I know no organisation is tracking deaths from cell phone use.. Me and you both don't know how many deaths cell phones are causing.. If you want to play russian roulette with you life go ahead continue to use cell phones in the way that manufacturers do not recommend..

People are really amazing..Even with faced with direct evidence they still continue to be in denial...

You just said you have no evidence then accuse me of ignoring the evidence you don't have. That is pretty amazing.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Possibly, although back then they did not have 4g lte ,HSPA etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Attorney that had cancer in the EXACT spots where he had his cell phone is not evidence for you?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Just because cell phone cancer deaths aren't being tracked by an official body does not mean there is no evidence..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Attorney that had cancer in the EXACT spots where he had his cell phone is not evidence for you?

Yes it is. It's evidence of one dead attorney.
Now show me where there is an outbreak of dead people with holes in their heads where their cellphones sit.
We are taking about millions of cell phone here. Should we not have thousands of sick people as a result of this?
I'm not claiming the phones are totally safe. Neither are cars or alcohol or prescription drugs. I can prove how dangerous those things are.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Yes it is. It's evidence of one dead attorney.
Now show me where there is an outbreak of dead people with holes in their heads where their cellphones sit.
We are taking about millions of cell phone here. Should we not have thousands of sick people as a result of this?
I'm not claiming the phones are totally safe. Neither are cars or alcohol or prescription drugs. I can prove how dangerous those things are.

I suggest you watch the interview of Dr Carlo(who was originally funded by the cell phone industry to prove there was no cancer risk) posted by hounddoghowlie..He discusses the cancer rates attributed to cell phone use.

I also posted a link to a peer reviewed journal showing that there is an increase in brain tumors for people that use cell phones..That combined with the death of the attorney with tumors in the exact spots where he used his cell phone.. isn't enough evidence for you?

What's enough evidence for you? When the U.S government officially declares that cell phones are dangerous in 20-30 years? There's a reason why cell phone manufactures tell people to keep cell phones away from there body..Its called covering there behind..
edit on pmqupmSat, 14 Feb 2015 13:46:09 -060046u0914u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

edit on pmq000000pmSat, 14 Feb 2015 13:46:45 -0600460000004514000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

edit on pmqupmSat, 14 Feb 2015 13:47:16 -060047u1614u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So are people with EMF sensitivity really crazy? Or should we start paying more attention to them? Let me know what you think.

Crazy. People have gotten cancer of the brain since people. Do you seriously think it only started since about 1990?

Note that Pembroke Pines did in fact pass a resolution warning residents of a possible cell phone cancer link.

I'm sure they have done a lot of research on the topic...oh wait, it's a bunch of lawyers trying to do science by fiat.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

it could be like anything else, my dad smoked till he died at 86 yet others are more sensitive to the same smoke

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I have never said"cancer of the brain" started in 1990..The attorney did not only have "cancer of the brain" He also had a tumor removed from the hand that held his cell phone..An MRI also revealed a tumor where the cell phone was in his coat pocket..Also it was not an attorney that passed the resolution in Pembroke Pines it was the city.......
edit on pmqupmSat, 14 Feb 2015 14:00:03 -060000u0314u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Exactly some people may get cancers other don't..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I have never said"cancer of the brain" Started in 1990..The attorney did not only have "cancer of the brain" He also had a tumor removed from the hand that held his cell phone..An MRI also revealed a tumor where the cell phone was in his coat pocket..

And, he never used his right hand? Or put the phone in his pants pocket? Did he have tumors there? And did no-one have brain tumors prior to cell phones? Just because Gonzalez couldn't think of any other reason why he should have cancers in those spots doesn't mean there isn't one - argument from incredulity.

In fact, advanced cancer often mets if you live long enough. Glio generally kills you pretty fast, and it's one of the most common brain cancers, and it's often right by one ear or the other. So you generally don't live long enough for it to seed, but if it does, the lungs are pretty common.

Also it was not an attorney that passed the resolution in Pembroke Pines it was the city.......

Oh, well then. In that case, it HAS to be proof. I'm sure Pembroke Pines knows all about that. Because, you know, Jimmy Gonzalez is an expert in statistics, physics and medicine. Whoops, wait, he's got a family law degree, which means he never had science or math in college.

But here's someone who did...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Plenty of other evidence has been posted in this thread..I posted a peer reviewed journal that states that brain tumors have gone up since cell phone use has started.. Also Dr carol who was originally funded by the cell phone industry to show that cell phones do not cause cancer in fact came out with the opposite conclusion.. Also Dr David Carpenter who testified before congress says studies have shown that cancer rates have been going up with high exposures..

Dr. David Carpenter, the director of the Institute for Health and the Environment University at Albany, New York has spent several years reading research on radio-frequency exposure and has testified to Congress on the subject. He says he is very wary of cell phones.

“My personal sense is that the evidence for increases in cancer is quite strong. It’s not one hundred percent, but most studies have shown that [people with] high exposures have elevations in leukemia, brain cancers [and] some other kinds of cancers.”

You wanna put your head in the sand and ignore this then that's your problem.

edit on pmq000000pmSat, 14 Feb 2015 14:33:00 -0600330000000014000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
www.medscape.com...

Long-term use of both mobile and cordless phones is associated with an increased risk for glioma, the most common type of brain tumor, the latest research on the subject concludes.

The new study shows that the risk for glioma was tripled among those using a wireless phone for more than 25 years and that the risk was also greater for those who had started using mobile or cordless phones before age 20 years.

"Doctors should be very concerned by this and discuss precautions with their patients," study author Lennart Hardell, MD, PhD, professor, Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Örebro, Sweden, told Medscape Medical News.

Such precautions, he said, include using hands-free phones with the "loud speaker" feature and text messaging instead of phoning.

The study was published online October 28 in Pathophysiology.

Pooled Data

The recent worldwide increase in use of wireless communications has resulted in greater exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF). The brain is the main target of RF-EMF when these phones are used, with the highest exposure being on the same side of the brain where the phone is placed.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
linky

Overall, no increase in risk of glioma or meningioma was observed with use of mobile phones. There were suggestions of an increased risk of glioma at the highest exposure levels, but biases and error prevent a causal interpretation. The possible effects of long-term heavy use of mobile phones require further investigation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join