It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Florida Attorney Dies From Cell Phone Induced Cancer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aquariusdude
a reply to: gort51

Yep and I think people like attorneys are the canary in the mine..Attorneys spend an inordinate amount of time on there cell phones..My attorney also died of a brain tumor on the side of the head where he used it. Johnnie Cohcran also died from a tumor from cell phone use...

Lawyers...hmmm...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
All those microwaves travelling around, cant be good for biological life, considering microwaves are used for cooking.

So is heat. But it's nicer than absolute zero.

BTW, you are emitting microwaves right now.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Ok...What have you contributed to this thread with those comments?
edit on pmqupmSat, 14 Feb 2015 21:35:13 -060035u1314u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
www.hko.gov.hk...

Has it ever occurred to you that your body is emitting radiation? Yes, all objects, including human bodies, emit electromagnetic radiation. The wavelength of radiation emitted depends on the temperature of the objects. Such radiation is sometimes called thermal radiation. Most of the radiation emitted by human body is in the infrared region, mainly at the wavelength of 12 micron. The wavelength of infrared radiation is between 0.75 to 1000 micron (1 micron = 10-6 metres). This wavelength is longer than that of red visible light so this explains the name 'infrared', meaning 'beyond the red'.

The amount of thermal radiation emitted by an object depends on its surface temperature, area and characteristics. Warmer object emits more thermal radiation than cooler one. Handheld infrared ear or forehead thermometers are used to probe body temperatures by detecting the infrared radiation emitted by human bodies. Infrared cameras are also used for fast screening of travelers with a fever at airports, ports and border crossings.

Infrared radiation detection also finds application in meteorology - images captured by satellite showing intensities of infrared radiation emitted by cloud tops and ocean/land surfaces. Higher cloud tops are of lower temperature and emit infrared radiation of smaller intensity. Hence we can observe temperature distribution of cloud tops on an infrared satellite picture. The advantage of infrared satellite images over visible images is that the 'night vision' capability of the former makes them useful round the clock. An interesting point to note is that weather forecasters usually prefer the use of different colours (red, blue, green, etc) to highlight different cloud top temperatures so as to facilitate his/her analysis of cloud structure. Members of the general public, however, seem to prefer white and greyscale cloud pictures. Hence on the Observatory's website, you will find higher cloud tops being depicted in brighter white colour in infrared satellite images. Perhaps white clouds and blue sky are just so natural to us that any fancy-coloured cloud pictures are not consistent with our intuition!

I would love to see where you saw that our bodies emit microwave radiation...??
edit on pmqupmSat, 14 Feb 2015 21:34:45 -060034u4514u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Ok...What have you contributed to this thread with those comments?

Speaking truth to ignorance, of course.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Never mind our bodies do in fact emit some microwave radiation..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I would love to see where you saw that our bodies emit microwave radiation...??

How many cites would you like? I do radar for a living, you know.

Firs t of many

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aquariusdude

I am sure its nowhere near the levels of a cell phone...Or a tower or your microwave... Last I checked you don't heat your food by being right next to it..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I already found out that the human body emits very low amounts of radiation.. Comparing Cell phones to the human body is however ludricous
edit on pmqupmSat, 14 Feb 2015 21:46:24 -060046u2414u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

edit on pmq000000pmSat, 14 Feb 2015 21:47:51 -0600470000005114000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Aquariusdude

Congratulations, Please keep up the good work...................They'll wake up one day...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Neither does your cell phone. Your microwave oven does because the food's inside a tuned cavity - basically, it's in a resonant waveguide.

The phone sees your head as an impedance step change, and the bone as another, and the spinal fluid around your brain as another. At each step, you reflect most of the signal and some of the rest flows around the boundary. The rest goes into heat.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I already found out that the human body emits very low amounts of radiation.. Comparing Cell phones to the human body is however ludricous

Is it? It's there 24 hours a day. From the moment of conception. How do you know it's not an issue? The only fix is to chill yourself down to absolute zero. You know, heat is used for cooking. So you're only safe from heat if you have none.

Or that's how that poster's logic goes.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Neither does your cell phone. Your microwave oven does because the food's inside a tuned cavity - basically, it's in a resonant waveguide.

The phone sees your head as an impedance step change, and the bone as another, and the spinal fluid around your brain as another. At each step, you reflect most of the signal and some of the rest flows around the boundary. The rest goes into heat.

So if the microwave needs to be in a tuned cavity in order to cook then how come the discovery of microwaves happened outside of a tuned cavity..

In 1945 the specific heating effect of a high-power microwave beam was accidentally discovered by Percy Spencer, an American self-taught engineer from Howland, Maine. Employed by Raytheon at the time he noticed that microwaves from an active radar set he was working on STARTED TO MELT A CANDY BAR HE HAD IN HIS POCKET. The first food deliberately cooked with Spencer's microwave was popcorn, and the second was an egg, which exploded in the face of one of the experimenters.[6][7] To verify his finding, Spencer created a high density electromagnetic field by feeding microwave power from a magnetron into a metal box from which it had no way to escape. When food was placed in the box with the microwave energy, the temperature of the food rose rapidly.

On 8 October 1945,[8] Raytheon filed a United States patent application for Spencer's microwave cooking process, and an oven that heated food using microwave energy from a magnetron was soon placed in a Boston restaurant for testing. The first time the public was able to use a microwave oven was in January 1947, when the Speedy Weeny vending machine was placed in Grand Central Terminal to dispense "sizzling delicious" hot dogs. Among those on the development team was robotics pioneer George Devol, who had spent the last part of the war developing radar countermeasures.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Is it? It's there 24 hours a day. From the moment of conception. How do you know it's not an issue? The only fix is to chill yourself down to absolute zero. You know, heat is used for cooking. So you're only safe from heat if you have none.

Or that's how that poster's logic goes.

Comparing microwave levels from the human body to cell phones is really grasping at straws..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

So if the microwave needs to be in a tuned cavity in order to cook then how come the discovery of microwaves happened outside of a tuned cavity..

Not only is it considered apocryphal, he would have had to be standing with his leg against the feed horn. Consider - the water molecules in his leg would have been a lot more polar than the fat molecules in the candy. He'd have been doing the safety dance before the candy melted.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Comparing microwave levels from the human body to cell phones is really grasping at straws..

One comes from inside you, constantly, every minute of your life.

The other is reflected, refracted and absorbed multiple times before reaching your brain, and is only minutes in duration.

eta: if you're all upset about cooking with microwaves, you're really going to be sad to discover that dielectric effect heating doesn't require microwaves to work. Most diathermy machines and RF drying kilns use HF radio.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Doesn't say anywhere that he was standing next to the feed horn..Nor does it mention him doing a "safety dance" before the candy melted...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Doesn't say anywhere that he was standing next to the feed horn..

He'd have to have been. Square of the distance is a harsh task master.

Nor does it mention him doing a "safety dance" before the candy melted...

That's the point, innit? If it had actually melted the candy in his pocket,it would have heated his leg more. This is what "apocryphal" means when applied to a story like this. i.e. it's not quite true the way it's told.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

One comes from inside you, constantly, every minute of your life.

The other is reflected, refracted and absorbed multiple times before reaching your brain, and is only minutes in duration.

eta: if you're all upset about cooking with microwaves, you're really going to be sad to discover that dielectric effect heating doesn't require microwaves to work. Most diathermy machines and RF drying kilns use HF radio.

Ok if you think the bodies with very low level of radiation is the same as much much higher levels of radiation from cell phones then I don't know what else to tell you..I purchased a high end microwave meter and I will test my body and a cell phone to compare.. I will post results in this thread.. I should get it Tuesday..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Doesn't say anywhere that he was standing next to the feed horn..

He'd have to have been. Square of the distance is a harsh task master.

Nor does it mention him doing a "safety dance" before the candy melted...

That's the point, innit? If it had actually melted the candy in his pocket,it would have heated his leg more. This is what "apocryphal" means when applied to a story like this. i.e. it's not quite true the way it's told.

It is very well known that the discovery was accidental...It doesn't take much heat to melt a candy bar last I checked...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join