It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Florida Attorney Dies From Cell Phone Induced Cancer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
South Florida Attorney Jimmy Gonzalez testifies in front of the Pembroke Pines Fl Commission regarding the dangers of cell phone use and how using his cellphone for a period of 10 years for well over 30 minutes a day caused cancer to appear in the very spots on his body where his cell phone was heavily used..He succumbed to cancer a month after his testimony.

So are people with EMF sensitivity really crazy? Or should we start paying more attention to them? Let me know what you think.

Note that Pembroke Pines did in fact pass a resolution warning residents of a possible cell phone cancer link.

www.nbcmiami.com...

edit on amq000000amSat, 14 Feb 2015 10:25:00 -0600250000000014000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

edit on amquamSat, 14 Feb 2015 10:49:44 -060049u4414u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
At what point did the attorney die? From what I read the attorney got cancer at locations where he used his cell phone and then had the cancer removed and is now cancer free.

Gonzalez, an attorney who used to use his cellphone for several hours a day, is now cancer-free.

Maybe I just missed the dead part.
edit on 2/14/2015 by mikelkhall because: Because I can

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mikelkhall

Yeah just watch it until the end.Also beginning of video shows he lived from 1972-2014...He died too young

edit on amquamSat, 14 Feb 2015 10:32:17 -060032u1714u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Aquariusdude

Sorry about that. I just went to the source you provided and read the piece and didn't even think of watching the video. I should have been more thorough.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I had a professor in college ten years ago warn us about the dangers of emf from cell phones.
I always use my phone in loud mode and never have it up to my head.

He warned us about the transmitters used in Fast Food Drive throughs as well.

Not surprised

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mikelkhall

No worries.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm calling shenanigans on this one.
People would be falling over dead in the streets with all the folks using cell phones. Kids heads would be exploding...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Yep! You had a very good professor..I am now also using my cell phone in speaker mode.They also sell airtube headsets where sound is carried via a tube instead of a wire.This should in theory reduce emf exposure to the head.

edit on amq000000amSat, 14 Feb 2015 10:46:53 -0600460000005314000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

My attorney also died from cancer from using his cellphone on the very side of the head where he used his cell phone..People are dying..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
www.medscape.com...

Long-term use of both mobile and cordless phones is associated with an increased risk for glioma, the most common type of brain tumor, the latest research on the subject concludes.

The new study shows that the risk for glioma was tripled among those using a wireless phone for more than 25 years and that the risk was also greater for those who had started using mobile or cordless phones before age 20 years.

"Doctors should be very concerned by this and discuss precautions with their patients," study author Lennart Hardell, MD, PhD, professor, Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Örebro, Sweden, told Medscape Medical News.

Such precautions, he said, include using hands-free phones with the "loud speaker" feature and text messaging instead of phoning.

The study was published online October 28 in Pathophysiology.

Pooled Data

The recent worldwide increase in use of wireless communications has resulted in greater exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF). The brain is the main target of RF-EMF when these phones are used, with the highest exposure being on the same side of the brain where the phone is placed.

Pathophysiology is a peer reviewed journal for those that care..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I can't even stand picking it up to text, I worry I'll get tumors in my hands. I don't trust them when they say something is safe, the gov has a long track record of lying to protect their own interests. Why believe them when they say something is safe?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Totally agree with you! It really boils down to money.. Cell phones are a huge business.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Exactly, and sadly so is the cancer industry. Altogether they're making billions upon billions off of us, they'll do anything they can to protect the income.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Yep!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I know some extremely heavy cell phone users who are just fine after 15+ years of all-day use of them. According to cell phone cancer's proponents, they should be drooling lumps with swiss cheese brains in end-stage or dead by now.
Chalk it up to coincidences at this point because there's just no rock solid evidence of direct cause whatsoever in our country of 315+ million. Furthermore, anyone with the attention span of even a fly knows correlation does not equal causation (people with agendas love to twist that around, though)
Of all the cell phones in use out there, you'd expect to see both a clear direct and indisputable link in a significant number of people, not a mere few suspected hundred (if that, at best)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aquariusdude

My attorney also died from cancer from using his cellphone on the very side of the head where he used his cell phone..People are dying..

There are millions of cell phones and how many deaths? A few dozen? I'm only saying that there are hundreds of ways to die and cell phones are not very high up on the list of leading causes.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Where did you get the numbers for only a few hundred cases? And if you want to wait 20-30 years before its an accepted fact that cell phones due cause cancer then it may be too late for you..Why not take measures to minimize the risk by using an airtube headset or using the speakerphone? I also posted a peer reviewed study indicating a link between cell phone use and brain cancer..If all this is not enough for you then I don't know what to say.

And like cigarettes some people die from lung cancer some don't (And like cigarettes it was many years before it was an accepted fact that cigarette use does significantly increase lung cancer risk etc)We have only been heavily using cell phones for 15 years..Also read the manufactures manual it does tell you keep the cell phone a certain distance for there SAR rating..

I know plenty of smokers that don't have cancer does that mean cigarettes are safe? No

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: Aquariusdude

There are millions of cell phones and how many deaths? A few dozen? I'm only saying that there are hundreds of ways to die and cell phones are not very high up on the list of leading causes.

I would love to know where you got a few dozen deaths from cell phone use..As far as I know no organisation is tracking deaths from cell phone use.. Me and you both don't know how many deaths cell phones are causing.. If you want to play russian roulette with you life go ahead continue to use cell phones in the way that manufacturers do not recommend..

People are really amazing..Even with faced with direct evidence they still continue to be in denial...
edit on pmq000000pmSat, 14 Feb 2015 12:18:09 -0600180000000914000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I said suspected cases, not confirmed. The numbers of confirmed cases are what exactly? Nearly none, correct? If you can count the number of confirmed cancer cases linked in even the fuzziest of ways to cell phone use, we still don't have anywhere near enough to call causation with.

Smokers are a different story indeed. Apples & oranges, different carcinogenic cause. We're talking about the theory of cellular use causing cancer, not burning combustible materials & inhaling them.
edit on 2/14/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
www.newsweek.com...

As the Internet lights up with images of the iPhone 6 plus emerging from people’s pockets bent like a used paperclip, it may be useful to consider this: Apple explicitly tells you not to carry your phone in your pocket, due to the radiation exposure threat it poses.

In the little handbook that comes with every iPhone (the one that gets discarded almost immediately because, it’s a cell phone, we all know what to do with those, right?) Apple also explicitly states that the phone is not supposed to touch your body much, if at all.

Dr. David Carpenter, the director of the Institute for Health and the Environment University at Albany, New York has spent several years reading research on radio-frequency exposure and has testified to Congress on the subject. He says he is very wary of cell phones.

“My personal sense is that the evidence for increases in cancer is quite strong. It’s not one hundred percent, but most studies have shown that [people with] high exposures have elevations in leukemia, brain cancers [and] some other kinds of cancers.”

He predicts that cancer rates will go up in the coming decades.

“Latency for brain cancer is 20 to 30 years. Cell phones haven’t been around for all that long. I think it’s likely that we’ll see an increase in cases over the next years,” Carpenter says.

Still want to keep your phone on your body and next to your head? Keep doing it then..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join