It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster than light communication and breaking entanglement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IPFreely101

No not really, but the example is just that, an example showing the theory. FTL communications based on entanglement are not possible however.

If its already not possible how can there be a theory that it is? And I don't see how this method of communication would work regardless of entanglement. For instance, I can show how binary communication works without a computer. Why not just use binary?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

With quantum entanglement information sent from earth to mars will instantly be on mars via entanglement so it has nothing to do with causality.

If the chip manufacturers could use this technology we would have stacked DDR memory with no clock lines.
This whole FTL phenomena gets a lot less mysterious if you visualize a single wave that can only exist or not exist.
Collapsing the wave anywhere along its length collapses the entire length.

Los Alamos labs had a working model in fiber at least 30 years ago with future plans for keying satellites.
Quantum behavior is esoteric, if you don't get to play with highly collimated light sources you are just wasting your time trying to visualize the phenomena.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Entanglement and quantum teleportation are real. That is the part of his theory that is correct.

The theory that they can be used for FTL communication is not however.

Why not just use binary?

These are two different concepts. Binary is the nature of a code itself, we are talking about the means to send a code.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

These are two different concepts. Binary is the nature of a code itself, we are talking about the means to send a code.

We are talking about a new communication protocol regardless of the means which could be easily simulated and tested. The restrictions imposed by the means are not clear.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I am not getting you here?

You asked why not use binary?

Because binary is not the means by which a code is sent, and we are talking about means to sent a code.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I am not getting you here?

You asked why not use binary?

Because binary is not the means by which a code is sent, and we are talking about means to sent a code.

Right. Binary is the code. My question is why can't you send that kind of information? How is that different then setting up 1001 channels only in this case there would be only be one channel that was on or off. Seems like we are talking about 1001 Channels that are on or off. I am asking how this system would work and you seemed to have an understanding of how it would work Sherlock. So explain it.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Maybe you should read up on Quantum Teleportation first.

You could send a binary code with Quantum Teleportation, it's just not going to be FTL is what I mean.
edit on 14-2-2015 by IPFreely101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
What I take from this is FTL corresponds to things that exist and are effected by space. The quantum dimension (is that a good way to say it?) exists separately from space and probably creates space or space and time are a by-product of quantum dimensional physics. Therefor light speed is a speed limit in space and not in the quantum dimension.

So if we learn to communicate or even travel through the Quantum Dimension we will then have instant access to all of space both in communication and travel (if that's possible at some point).

Meaning we might be able to travel or communicate in the quantum to anywhere in the universe in an instant?

So...it seems as if there is no distance between 'stuff' in the quantum dimension. Does this make the quantum dimension a 'singularity'?
edit on 14-2-2015 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I see some people here saying FTL communication isn't possible or no way this can happen but they have no idea as to what they're talking about.

Of course it's possible if you have the slightest clue about quantum entanglement. The problem is, people have become so blinded and conditioned by the saying "nothing can travel faster than light", they can't grasp that nothing has to travel faster than light to communicate information via quantum entanglement. There's nothing traveling through intervening space between points A and B.

I suspect this communication is already here and in use. There's just no way that anyone is going to be told about this or given information about this until they discover how to secure these networks. If they introduced FTL communication to the public now it would simply crash the economy because nothing will be secure. So before something like a quantum internet is introduced to the public, they will first try to secure it.

There was a recent article about this:

Government Lab Reveals It Has Operated Quantum Internet for Over Two Years

www.technologyreview.com...

What they're doing is making sure they have a secure network because like I said, these things can't just be dumped on the public because the economy would tank.

You can do FTL communication through several ways. quantum teleportation, detecting entanglement via the uncertainty principle or through signal to noise ratios in information channels. Here's another test where the uncertainty principle was used to detect quantum entanglement in 4 different locations back in 2009.

Uncertainty Principle Used to Detect Entanglement of Photon Shared Among Four Locations

PASADENA, Calif.-Scientists at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) have developed an efficient method to detect entanglement shared among multiple parts of an optical system. They show how entanglement, in the form of beams of light simultaneously propagating along four distinct paths, can be detected with a surprisingly small number of measurements. Entanglement is an essential resource in quantum information science, which is the study of advanced computation and communication based on the laws of quantum mechanics.

Due to their fundamental structure, the entanglement of W states persists even in the presence of some sources of noise. This is an important feature for real-world applications of W states in noisy environments. The Caltech experiments have directly tested this property by disturbing the underlying correlations of the entangled state. When the correlations are purposely weakened, there is a reduction in the number of paths of the optical system that are entangled. And yet, as predicted by the structure of W states, the entanglement remains amongst a subset of the paths.

"Our work introduces a new protocol for detecting an important class of entanglement with single photons," Papp explains. "It signifies the ever-increasing degree of control we have in the laboratory to study and manipulate quantum states of light and matter."

www.caltech.edu...

Again, this is important and it supports exactly what I've been saying. Even when entanglement is weakened or broken like we have seen in recent experiments, the signal to noise ratio can still be detected. This goes back to my question that hasn't been answered.

Why couldn't you detect entanglement breaking in one information channel while you still have strong correlations and signal to noise ratios in the subsequent channels?

Here's another test:

Quantum Entanglement And Faster Than Light Data Transmission

Over the past week there has been quite a buzz in the scientific community over a Dutch experiment reliably transmitting data instantly between two electrons via quantum entanglement. While many reports are sensationalizing the discovery, referring to it as a breakthrough in ‘teleportation’, there’s something almost as exciting as physical transportation already proven possible in the experiment: instant communication! While scientists have reached a 3-meter(or 10-foot) range with a 100% success rate, worldwide implementation would revolutionize communication. Instant text messages, infinitely scalable internet bandwidth, and sub-millisecond(or even sub-measurable) latency. Even now, our fastest long-distance communication efforts are too slow to be pushed any further. NASA, one of the foremost names in high-tech, has to wait 13-minutes to remotely issue a command to the Curiosity rover.

Two synthetic diamonds are produced to contain the soon-to-be entangled electrons and several Nitrogen atoms.

Data is encoded to be transmitted into the sending diamond’s Nitrogen atom.

The encoded data is manifested in alterations of the spin of the electron.

The receiver electron then shows the same exact manipulation in real time.

Since the data technically does not travel through physical matter to reach the receiver, there’s no inherent risk of natural effects on the transmission itself.

www.legitreviews.com...

Like I said, it's hard for people to think outside of "nothing can travel faster than light" because this is what they have been taught. So even in the face of evidence they can't see that FTL communication can occur via quantum entanglement because nothing will be traveling faster than light through intervening space between two points. It's instant communication.
edit on 14-2-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Maybe you should read up on Quantum Teleportation first.

maybe some day.

You could send a binary code with Quantum Teleportation, it's just not going to be FTL is what I mean.

OK. So in your opinion, would it be easier to just call Alice?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I think it is easier if I just called your mother to come pick you up.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So you managed to find a blog that manages to misunderstand the topic as badly as you do, and we are supposed to be convinced by that?

You can send random bits faster than light. Here are some random bits:

What does that mean? You have no idea, but yes random data streams like that can be sent faster than light.

Quantum entanglement turns out to be very useful for cryptography, but, not useful for FTL communication of meaningful information, the latter having not been done yet. If you think you can do it, then stop talking about it and do it and collect your Nobel prize.

But in the meantime watch the video that you posted, but apparently failed to comprehend, by Dr. Michio Kaku explaining that you can't send a recipe, for example, faster than light. He does of course admit what I just admitted that you can send random stuff FTL:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: neoholographic
Here's Dr. Michio Kaku saying information is sent faster than light. He just says the information isn't useful.

Right, the information is not useful, at least not for FTL communication. It's useful for encryption, but that's got nothing to do with FTL.

You mention that you understand Dr. Kaku says the information isn't useful when you post the video but that fact seems to escape you in everything else you post on this topic.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Like I said, it's hard for people to think outside of "nothing can travel faster than light" because this is what they have been taught. So even in the face of evidence they can't see that FTL communication can occur via quantum entanglement because nothing will be traveling faster than light through intervening space between two points. It's instant communication.

And we are only aware of this "instant" communication AFTER the results are correlated. This correlation cannot be done faster than light. Therefore real FTL communication based on QTeleportation is impossible. This has been pointed out several times.

edit on 14-2-2015 by IPFreely101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IPFreely101

I think it is easier if I just called your mother to come pick you up.

Too late, yo mamma just did

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

What does that mean?

either 30124362 or ���

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

What does that mean?

either 30124362 or ���

I have a question. Einsteain was talking about out primary dimension here only. Different dimensions operate on different rules i am sure. SO IF we punch through into the Quantum dimension dont it stand to reason that E=MC2 breaks down into just a equation there?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Heisenberg principle will not permit FTL communication.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
Heisenberg principle will not permit FTL communication.

If you stay in This plane of existence and not drop into the quantum dimension where standard models break right? Each dimension has different rules. Has anyone considered maybe einstein was a Disinformation agent a s part of his citizenship deal?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

First off, you need to read what I actually said. You're post doesn't have anything to do with any of the information I posted in this thread.

I agree with Dr. Kaku. At the end of the video he says:

USEFUL INFORMATION CAN'T TRAVEL FASTER THAN LIGHT.

I agree with that 110%

I have been saying over and over again, that information isn't traveling faster than light between point A and point B.

Some of you guys keep making the same argument that has nothing to do with anything that I'm saying. The simple question is this:

Why couldn't you detect entanglement breaking in one information channel while you still have strong correlations and signal to noise ratios in the subsequent channels?

I have asked this over and over again and it hasn't been answered. You guys keep making the same arguments that have nothing to do with anything that I have said.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Its because they are thinking the quantum world/dimension applies to this one and not a seperate entity.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join