It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gamergate and Cyber Bullying

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

And you're not a very good liar.
By the way, you just contradicted your previous contradiction that I called you upon earlier.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Score another point for Based Mom.

I'm glad someone's getting the word out about this...

When I learned of the existence of this disgusting crap, I nearly shat bricks...

Common Core is total garbage.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Good. I know I'm a thorn in your side on this issue, but I don't want to stress you out or anything. Not knowing what's really going on with you.

As i said, pay it no mind. Your concern is appreciated, but unnecessary.

If I really thought I was hurting you, I would just stop replying to you. You know that right?

If you're sincere, that puts you ahead of most AGGs....the vast majority would go HARDER, once they learned they were "hurting" their opponent.

So I'll continue.

Please do, I could use a laugh.

I hate the word gate so much is hate really a worse word?

You're not really serious, are you?

I get that there is some harrassement of the gamerhaters but the hate coming in under the umbrella of gamerhate is much worse.

Citation Needed.

You don't seem to want want to acknowledge that there are thousands of trolls flocking to gamergate and infecting it.

Because you've failed to provide any examples, proof, evidence, etc, that your claims are anything more than fictions, cooked up by your imagination.

Personally, I don't consider nasty emails, or annoying and/or scary tweets, to be genuine harassment....that, to me, falls under the category of "morons, saying stupid things on the internet"...twitter accounts can be blocked, as can email addresses. G.I.F.T. seems to suggest that, generally speaking, if you deprive a troll of their audience, they give up, and find someone else to annoy..

People pester me online all the time..i don't consider it harassment.

Now, for the purposes of your statement, we'll flip the switch that makes water dry, and the sky red, turns up to down, and makes Margret Thatcher, and Janet Reno, the most beautiful women on earth....it also makes inane online pestering into actual harassment.

Is it happening to AGGs? yes...is it happening to GGers? yes. Is there ANY proof that it is, by and large, being committed by their opposition? No.

Go back and read my theory on what I think is actually happening here..

Now, flipping the switch back to "normal world" now....because I'm thirsty..

The bullying is much worse for those opposing gamerhate or pushing feminist views into the gaming industry then vice versa.

Firstly, it's not bullying....secondly: CITATION NEEDED!

So how does gamerhate and this discussion effect you personally? Why stand up for the hashtag when there are other things you could do?

It effects me because I am a gamer. My primary hobby is video games. A climate is now being created, where my hobby, my identity is being dragged through the mud, and defamed...a climate is being created, where people like me are likened to f**king ISIS....I mean, jesus, how in the hell can you stand behind idiotic rhetoric like that, and still claim to be denying ignorance?

You believe all the propaganda, all the lies, all the misinformation....whether you like it or not, you are on the side of people saying that gamers are terrorists.. Whether you like it or not, you are on the side of people who want to inject gender politics into my hobby, who want to force this crap into our schools, and indoctrinate our children...the side you support is f**king evil.

So maybe gamerhate exposes something that needs to be exposed.

lol, way to minimize GG's accomplishments..

I can then add my voice and actions to it and have an affect on the issue without going under gamerhate and standing up for feminsts views in gaming and against the trolls.

wtf are you even talking about right now?

So the second question is why shouldn't I just support the issues without joining the trolls. You're not a troll and thousands of people like you are not, but it's the thousands that are that really bother me. CAn't I still be effective?

If you are for proper journalistic ethics in the video games press, then you are for GG....if you are for games just being games, and not being used as a battleground for idiotic gender politics ideologues, then you are for GG...if you are for just enjoying your hobby, without being called a f**king terrorist, then you are for GG...

it really is that simple.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Female GamerGate supporter "What I couldn't say"

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Another one worth watching..

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Anti-GG threatening a journalist who wrote a neutralish *not really mostly negative* article.

So, amazing.
Who's the bullies again?
Do you really need any more proof?
Though I highly doubt any proof will sway you.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Mate, I don't think he's even watching anymore....

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I know.
Typical aGGro style.
Spew libel and run.
My post was more rhetorical than anything else.
To drive my point home to anybody watching.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Really good article on the gamergate scandal:

Zoe and Life after Gamergate

I would direct the kind reader's attention to the entire article, and also to read the comments.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

Lol. No, not a good article.

and the comments are a complete f**king disaster zone. I'd advise anyone wanting to keep hold of their sanity, to avoid it like the plague.

The echo-chambering, and crippling groupthink over there is just astounding.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Actually, they're spot on. Don't avoid Ars Technica. Their commentors are usually some of the most tech savvy around.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Actually, they're spot on. Don't avoid Ars Technica. Their commentors are usually some of the most tech savvy around.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

No, they're not spot on....

Yes, they're very tech savvy, and that's really the ONLY reason i still read ANYTHING from there, despite rubbish articles from the usual suspects.

But when it comes to GG, they're WAY off base, and the majority of the people participating in the conversation are woefully misinformed, and are hardline AGG, and refuse to entertain the notion that perhaps they've been misinformed.

It's a bloody echo chamber in there, and anyone who doesn't agree with the group opinion, is downvoted straight to hell.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here's a good article that's on the fringe of Gamerate

www.salon.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

s**t, Amazing...i thought you completely checked out of this thread.

does this mean you're going to be replying to everyone?

ETA: lol...on the fringe? dude, it has literally NOTHING to do with gamergate.... Binder is an ignorant prick, who's invoking GG, so he can trip up the reader, and get some guilt by association action going....

Jesus, man...
edit on 3-26-2015 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

s**t, Amazing...i thought you completely checked out of this thread.

does this mean you're going to be replying to everyone?

ETA: lol...on the fringe? dude, it has literally NOTHING to do with gamergate.... Binder is an ignorant prick, who's invoking GG, so he can trip up the reader, and get some guilt by association action going....

Jesus, man...

LOL I love you too!

I still think it's relevant because it shows how the same trolls are latching onto diversity and feminism in Comics. These same people ARE still flying the gamerate banner, although I know that they don't represent all gameraters. It's also relevant because it brings up another issue "Social Justice Warriors." I don't think that Social Justice Warrior should be a derogatory tag. I think by using that term you hurt people like me that are actual Social Justice Warriors and doing good things in the world. Yeah?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
LOL I love you too!

lol

I still think it's relevant because it shows how the same trolls are latching onto diversity and feminism in Comics.

It does nothing of the sort....And it's not "diversity"..it's gender-swapping a well known comic book character. I personally don't care, as i don't read comic books, but even i understand that traditionally, Thor has been a dude. I can understand how people might be annoyed by this. I mean, what if superman, spiderman, batman, the green lantern, daredevil, guy gardner, lobo, wolverine, cyclops, gambit, or the silver surfer were swapped to women?...i have nothing against female superheros, but gender swapping an established character, in the name of "diversity" is f**king stupid, and smacks of pandering, and patronization....

You see trolls, i see comic book enthusiasts being annoyed by more feminist-driven, politically correct bulls**t....

These same people ARE still flying the gamerate banner

[CITATION NEEDED]

It's also relevant because it brings up another issue "Social Justice Warriors." I don't think that Social Justice Warrior should be a derogatory tag.

Then you clearly don't know what SJWs are all about, and how they act...it's a derogatory term for very good reasons.

I think by using that term you hurt people like me that are actual Social Justice Warriors and doing good things in the world. Yeah?

You're not a SJW...if you were, i wouldn't even be attempting to have a conversation with you...logical, fact-based discussion with a SJW is utterly impossible.
edit on 3-26-2015 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Do you mean good article as in savvy journalism with unbiased views, good article as in some dumb troll ranting, or good article as in it panders to a group-think mentality that has no consideration for the opinions of people who are closest to the product?

Right-wing parasites, misogynist Men’s Rights activists, and opportunistic grifters who so desperately latched onto Gamergate are on the prowl again.

Don't answer that question. The language in the first sentence explains it all.

My personal favourite character is generally the female in video games, although I am a male and perfectly comfortable being a male (although I am really rather gay), I love the kickass strong female lead, and if that's an option I will take it 99.9% of the time.

That being said, games are an art form. If someone makes art, you can criticize it, and if they want to change it, they can obviously do so. It becomes a problem when you are so unbelievably full of yourself and hung up on your personal ideologies that you think that you get to tell people how to make art. As a musician, I take deep offense to this. When someone pours their soul into something, you do not get to dictate what you want the finished product to be based on YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS. If that's where you are, you're at the point where you have to realize that someone else's art, no matter how much you might relate to much of it, is not about YOU.

And I realize that, if it's gotten to the point where you publicly ridicule and demand change of other peoples' artistic expression because it loosely conflicts with your world view or whatever, you are already past the point of being able to consider that not everything is going to be made to pander to you personally, and you are just going to have to get the hell over yourself, grow the hell up, and start being a respectable person instead of a class-A piece of trash know-it-all social reject. You know who tells people what their art should be? Hecklers. You know who likes hecklers? Me neither.

edit on 27-3-2015 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody
Really good article on the gamergate scandal:

Zoe and Life after Gamergate

I would direct the kind reader's attention to the entire article, and also to read the comments.

I guess we can add her to the list of professional victims...

"Quinn took another drink."

Oh the drama!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join