It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainians Rage Against Military Draft: "We're Sick Of This War"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This new government was never voted on by the people.

There was an election after the revolution. There was the presidential election to pick Poroshenko and then a full general election.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sometimes the truth doesn't support your narrative...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Of course the Poster of this thread is completely biased and doesn't even try to present a balanced picture.

Ukraine is having typical success in it's efforts to conscript men.

www.kyivpost.com...

This detailed article admits that volunteers have dwindled to join the military. However it states that,

"In Zakarpattia Oblast, only 410 out of 1,110 people who received draft notices came to mobilization centers, Oleg Lysenko, a representative of General Staff said recently."

A very far different statistic than what the OP puts forward.

This story paints a very real picture of conscription and how difficult it is on Ukrainians. The story doesn't hide the difficulties in raising an army.

ATS readers should consider the source, as always. When you see the same posters pumping out inaccurate information you get to see a pattern. Mis-information is being posted at ATS...ON PURPOSE...to support a state agenda. As always beware...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Problem only with kyivpost it`s not reliable, what did you think the woman was talking about when she spoke about "propaganda lies ?"

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I would guess at the height of the American Civil war you probable could get a lot women against the war, some say the casualty count is dreadfully low. It could be as high as 50,000; that is just in one year of fighting. The English civil war in ancient times was said to be the bloodest in history. Civil wars pit brother against brother, familis are split so no I don't imagine this war in Ukraine is all that popular. Note, Draft riots in New York during the early part of our civil war.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

WTF is this?

On Feb. 8, Ruslan Kotsaba, a vocal campaigner against the military draft, was arrested in a courtroom in him home town in western Ukraine. In his recent video address to President Petro Poroshenko, Kotsaba claimed he would rather spend up to five years in jail for refusal of being drafted to the army than start killing his “fellow citizens who live in the east.”

Now Kotsaba actually faces up to 15 years in jail, because the security service has accused him of state treason and obstruction to activity of military forces, Security Service of Ukraine senior adviser Markian Lubkivskyi wrote on his Facebook page. Lubkivsky said that the SBU found evidence of his crimes among his belongings.

The arrest caused an outcry among the public, and highlighted the differing opinions of the war that Ukraine has had to contend with since mobilization of young men began more than nine months ago.

*eta:
I knew Ukraine had issues with freedom of press, but 15 years for speaking against the Government?

Wow. I just read Ukraine ranks on place 131 of 178 countries on the Press Freedom Index.
To be fair, the index is from 2010... reading about this journalist makes me doubt the situation got any better though.

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

ATS readers should consider the source, as always.

Indeed.

edit on 10-2-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

"In Zakarpattia Oblast, only 410 out of 1,110 people who received draft notices came to mobilization centers, Oleg Lysenko, a representative of General Staff said recently."

To come to mobilization centre and get feel of things is one matter and to actually pack bags and enlisted into army's mobilization call is another.

Most of the men visit the mobilization centre and then go home to pack bags to visit Russia.

Why can't Ukraine join the Customs Union and then make a strong pitch for CU to join the EU. What is the big problem in that? Through CU, Ukraine might even get access to mega markets of China, India, Turkey and now Egypt.

Idiots watch movies on TV and build fake dreams of living lavish in Europe.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Did you even read all of the link you supplied? Like the people who were not allowed to vote? That election screams of a corrupted election in that country. If we got this much info, how much are we not allowed to hear of. I can't talk about bad campaign promises, look at the bad one's in our own country where a small percentage of them actually occur. Even though I no longer think Obama is looking out for Americas best interest, he completed a lot of the campaign promises he made, more than any other president I remember did.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I dont see drafts working in the 21st century.

Well except in countrys that have more patrotism than brains.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The best way for forward for all of us, globally, is to convince people to refuse to fight the wars of the ruling elite, and never take up arms except in the strictest self defense.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Maybe the Proles are going to grab pitchforks and torches and chase these ruling, sociopathic, parasites from the Manor House? Ukraine maybe where our freedom begins? Maybe where you are? Maybe everywhere? I see the bright sunlight of the new day on the horizon.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
For those Ugranian people who do not want to be ruled over by Putin's Russia then I suggest
you don't worry about the draft but hurry to your nearest military recruiter to join. Why? Putin's wants Ukraine hell or high water.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Let the most natural urge,the protective instinct of a mother and her cry for peace echo across the world.
No more war and suffering .
www.liveleak.com...
youtu.be...
edit on 10-2-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
The best way for forward for all of us, globally, is to convince people to refuse to fight the wars of the ruling elite, and never take up arms except in the strictest self defense.

Buddy you have earned 10 STARS !

That's my plan too........despite all this arguments and logics..............I have no plans to fight for either side because on both the sides there are bankers, super elites, oligarchs, corrupt powerholders...........who are too bored with their lives and need some more "sick" form of entertainment like wars, civil wars etc.

Greed from western elites is obvious but the greed from eastern oligarchs (like them looting Russia) is one of the main reason why westerns found a "weak enemy" type of reason to test them.........in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

No # they are against this war.

The war is about oil Russia, China, and the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Btw, in Rada today..................

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Good, because if ever the draft gets called here, non of my sons are going to war either, ever.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

I hope the whole world will take her lead. Maybe we can skip to the part where we "beat our swords to plow shears and learn war no more".

As long as there are young men willing to die for unjust causes, there will be old men willing to profit from it.

It's a very naive and Utopian notion, simply rejecting war, even when it's in defense of your people and nation.
If only we'd all thought of that during WW2... oh no, wait, then you would ALL BE SPEAKING GERMAN by now.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Good, because if ever the draft gets called here, non of my sons are going to war either, ever.

Even when another country has invaded your nation?
I'll bet your sons would have an entirely different view.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Btw, in Rada today..................

www.liveleak.com...

Looks like he remained calm in the face of a ranting mad man.
Nice to see a cool and calm leader knowing how elected politicians are supposed to behave.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Soldiers and people are dying, getting maimed, amputated, houses burned etc. etc. and this man is cool, calm and collective.

Those who show such demeanor in the face of such calamity are................EVIL !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join