It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booze now considered a weapon in rape cases

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So by this clause definition they alcohol companies are now responsible for selling weaponized poisons that cause rape unwanted pregnancy abused children abused spouses lost work time accident police time gun crimes, I literally can go on and on.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow Herder
So by this clause definition they alcohol companies are now responsible for selling weaponized poisons that cause rape unwanted pregnancy abused children abused spouses lost work time accident police time gun crimes, I literally can go on and on.

Don't give people ideas! I can see the lawsuits against my Makers Mark now! Then my poor Makers Mark will have to close it's doors forever and no more Makers Mark for me! WAHHHHHHH!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: Shadow Herder

Don't give people ideas! I can see the lawsuits against my Makers Mark now! Then my poor Makers Mark will have to close it's doors forever and no more Makers Mark for me! WAHHHHHHH!!!!

I have been mentally raped by ATS alcoholics.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
a reply to: PaddyInf

Above post asked the question before I could, but it's worth repeating.

What if the guy is drunk, too?

What if he's three times as inebriated, and he goes home with Fatty McBatty, and she decides the next morning that she should not have made the decision to have sex with him?
I guess we flip a coin, then?

The answer to all this BS is quite simple: personal responsibility. I know it's in short supply these days, but come on...

If a person chooses to drink too much, they are also choosing to accept responsibility for any and all foolish decisions they make while under the influence.

I don't live in cloud cuckoo land. I agree that people need to take a degree of personal responsibility for their actions. What I am saying is that the law is clear. It goes for men too. If a man feels he has been sexually assaulted while drunk he has the same rights as a woman. It's just that society is not as quick to take this as seriously.

Crying rape when you pulled a pig or are embarrassed with a couple in you is one thing. Taking home a girl who is totally bladdered and incapable of making her own choices is another thing completely.

What if you woke up in bed with some guy after a night out? All evidence is that he had sex with you. You can't remember a thing. Still feel the same now?

Getting drunk is not an open invite to sex. However I agree that having a drink should not take sex off the cards. It is a fine line and one that is too easy to cross.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf
then there is another problem, we all have a different tolerance to alcohol, i might need one drink someone else might need 10, so we cannot set a standard, and anybody could use the one drink they had as an excuse to make wild accusations to try and clear their conscience.

Taking home a girl who is totally bladdered and incapable of making her own choices is another thing completely.

that is a clear cut case, and you are totally right, but in other cases, the lines are blurred and the chances for abuse are plenty in my opinion

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So if, by chance, I am approached by a drunk woman at a bar and she wants to have sex with me can I have her arrested for entrapment or a different similar law? Seems to me that if its illegal for me to have sex with a drunk woman then it should be illegal for her to approach me.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Exactly my point. That is why personal responsibility falls to the man as well as the woman. It leaves the man wide open to women who abuse the system.

The law is in place to protect those I describe. I know for a fact that there are men who will purposely prey on women who are extremely drunk because they are vulnerable and 'easy targets' for a quick shag.

However there will be women who abuse the system as there are now.

Like I said earlier, its a minefield and potentially puts men in the firing line through no fault of their own.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

I agree completely and stated so in a previous post. Unfortunately society doesn't support men as it does women.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

In theory yes, but in reality, women are now in a state of perpetual victim hood, so nobody will believe you.
I just don't get why women do not speak against these nanny state type actions, that paint women as uncap able of functioning in society like they have a mental disorder or something.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

In theory yes, but in reality, women are now in a state of perpetual victim hood, so nobody will believe you.
I just don't get why women do not speak against these nanny state type actions, that paint women as uncap able of functioning in society like they have a mental disorder or something.

Some women do speak out, unfortunately it's not as many. It doesn't help when women are practically trained as children that they are targets of assault. Boys are trained as children too, but eventually they are no longer targets, they are then trained they are the enemy. The Us vs. Them mentality.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The problem I see, and it's one that no one really is addressing is the issue of consent.

If I was single these days, I would be bringing a portable breathalyzer with me to the bar to ensure that any woman that was coming home with me was under the legal limit (most states it's .08).

Not very sexy, but otherwise how can you really know if the woman can legally consent? She could have a BAC of .24 and be talking/walking just fine, but technically be so drunk she can't legally give consent.

Bars ought to have breathalyzers by the door so you can have your date blow before you go.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Also, American culture glorifies and worships alcohol. It wasn't until I stopped drinking that I started seeing it. We're really a bunch of drunks here in America. Next time you watch TV, pay attention to the commercials and placement in television shows. EVERYONE drinks.

Alcohol is a poison, it's a toxic solvent made from decaying plant matter. It kills anything it comes into contact with -- and yet we guzzle it down for a variety of reasons and justifications that are just patently false.

Does anyone remember their first alcoholic drink? I bet you wondered how anyone could drink the stuff. You probably didn't care much for the taste. That's because it's a poison and our bodies are tuned to tell us that when something is bad for us or going to make us sick.

I get a real kick out of people that tell me they drink fine wines and expensive liquor for "the taste". Okay, whatever -- if you had to force yourself to "acquire" a taste for it that tells me pretty much everything I need to know.

Health benefits from the antioxidants? Have some grape juice or eat some pomegranates. It thins the blood for heart health? Take a children's aspirin.

It's also pretty eye-opening to watch two drunk people talk to each other...if you can call it "talking". People today are horrible at communicating sober, so it's a train wreck when they're drunk.

Alcohol is the most accepted drug in the world, and it probably causes the most harm in the form of abuse, neglect, poor health, lost time/wages, accidents, and violence. There really isn't any good reason to use alcohol other than to fit in because of social pressure -- which I'll tell you ... is quite high in America.

But, people are going to do what they want -- this is why prohibition failed, and it's why the drug war has failed. People just need to be better educated, and have the reality of the negative consequences shown to them.
edit on 11-2-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Haha, dude, if you think Americans "worship" alcohol, you need to come to the UK...

You yanks don't have a clue

But I feel the same as you - I used to drink a lot, on the weekends and that, getting hammered but once I had kiddies I generally stopped it, except at special occasions and I really don't handle it well now. A few drinks and I am merry, the next morning I feel awful, hence why I avoid it for probably 360 days of the year. I much prefer a herbal remedy

I really don't understand the need to go and get smashed, but it is apparently the pinnacle of achievement for a weekend in the UK...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Bars ought to have breathalyzers by the door so you can have your date blow before you go.

If your date blows, then surely you have succeeded already?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join