It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do I do? When this happens!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I do not believe in God, I never followed any religion or attended church. I flipped through the pages of my friends bible and my other friends Quran once. But never got fully into reading it, it just wasn't my thing.

I had an odd dream where I was sitting on a bench in a park and there was a book next to me on the bench. It was hard covered,blue in color with golden patterns around the edges. When I opened it I saw Arabic and Latin writings in it, I know what Latin and Arabic look like but I am no translator.

As I turned my attention to the left a man came up and sat on the bench next to me. He was a plain dressed as an elder gentleman, with a cane, a small hat and a suit with a vest. He looked at me and then at the book and said "So how are you enjoying the good book?"

I looked back at him and asked "What is the good book?"

He smiled and said "A good message that was turned into a belief" that is when he got into explaining. He said "The message was meant for individual belief and perception of an idea. What mankind did wrong is build a system and a belief structure around a message and idea that was meant for an individuals path and search for truth".

He then asked me "What do you believe?" I looked at him and decided to share my some what personal Philosophy I told him --
"I don't believe in God well not in the way that people believe. I believe there is maybe something out there and it already knows what is in my heart and thoughts. I believe it is the message and intent that counts, but life is like a school within it's own creation. We live to learn and the more we learn the more we realize how lost we are, but it is in that moment do we truly push the envelope and find that which we are looking for. Everyday is a lesson no matter how bad or good it might be and within every person is a teacher."

He then smiled, put his hand on my head and patted my head. He said "Then why do you hide from me and ashamed to accept me" As I looked up I woke up due to my alarm clock going off. My eyes opened straight away and I realized it was all a dream.

It was a dream.Right?

I never had any vivid dream travel such as this and it was clear as day.

I do not believe! But! What does one do when someone like that shows up?
edit on 9-2-2015 by ViciLaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ViciLaw

Awesome dream and thanks for sharing. I found much truth in the contents of your dream. It seemed to intrigue you, judging by your post. Idk, for me religion is a belief system while spirituality is more of the experience. As we grow, individuals go through different stages, and many cling to religion as a dogma, instead of using it to grow closer to the divine.Lol, to put it another way: the map is not the territory.

Working with dreams can be a great tool for self discovery. Time passes differently over there, and one's conscious mind is less of a shield to examining our deepest feelings. Perhaps consider doing some dream work, like keeping a journal for example.

edit on 9-2-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I agree with the message regardless of its source. You don't need to believe in religion to believe in God. Nor do you need to believe in a God to believe in universal love, What exactly is it, that you don't believe.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Some will come and tell you the title of the book. Others will come and tell you the name of the man.

What do you do now? Thank them, smile knowingly and continue on with what you were doing already. Change if you want, or how you want. You have a no strings attached blessing here. Use it as you like.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I don't believe anything. Either I know or I don't know.
The thing people call God by various names is a big "maybe."
I guess that would make me an agnostic mystic if we have to assign words to concepts.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
well if that happened to me, I would probably spend the next day wandering the city on bike or foot (not car) to see what other signals/signs are ready to land in my lap. I would actually call out of work and do that if thhe message you received is as vivid and clear as you state.

Do not ignore it. A force is attempting to reach you now very directly. For all you know, you will be walking your city dumbfounded, and stop to take a seat to catch your breathe. Only to realize, you end up sitting on the very exact same spot and location in your DREAM!!! (sans book and old man, or not.....)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
If the dream was very vivid/lucid i would say it was orchestrated by either your higher self or spirit guide.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Perhaps he was talking about the conception of God as the eternal observer, and only relevant for yourself. The "God" known to others collectively, technically only being a concept, a concept that you have challenged, but, when you think of God as a device, then imagining that there is somebody watching you and that is always there for you, then, you can say that God is a valuable thing to understand and to contemplate - whether or not he is "real" is irrelevant.
edit on 10-2-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Absolutely fascinating post, so vivid and sincere.
I don't pretend to know the mysteries of the universe, including the dream-world. But whether your dream was a message from beyond, or from your subconscious, the implications are... interesting.

I've had a few vivid dreams I cling to fervently. One in particular when my children were young, so real that no one can tell me it didn't happen on some level. My father, who died when I was 15, walked (in the dream) into the backyard and picked up/hugged my children then came into the kitchen and sat down and talked to me. It was such a beautiful dream.

One thing I know is that a dream will tug at you until you figure out what it means. But only you can determine what that is. And all I can say is, you'll know it when you know it!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
As a Christian who hasn't actually set foot in a church for close to 20 years, I say we all have to walk our own path. It seems you've been called to set foot on yours. Understand that I am not telling you what the path is, only that it exists. If you choose to set foot on it? Well, that's up to you.
edit on 10-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
what is there to do? go to church? pray? start following a religion? meh...just don't push yourself to something which is not you. Accept this precious experience and try to do your best to be good and you now know that you don't know. And that is very good starting point

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The old man showed up again and showed me a desert. He showed me a man on a horse with a golden helmet and red feather like decoration on top, there were many men with long spears marching in a desert behind the man on the horse. It came to an opening and the sands parted there were giant stone stairs leading under the desert. I came to two giant stone doors and on top was an eagle chiseled into the stone.

When I asked him what it means he said "During days of now man kill out of hate and greet, in the days of old man killed for knowledge and power that came from it". He then put his hand on my head and said "Have faith and it will guide you here".

What does he mean by faith? Intuition? Following my gut to where this library might be?

Who is this man is he it? God?

edit on 11-2-2015 by ViciLaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Dreams are tricky. You could get a hundred different interpretations and each might cause you to second guess how you perceived events in them. I think ultimately as the one who had these dreams you will know the answers when you find them. To find them means you are looking for them. The only advise I would give from my experiences is, test the spirits in such dreams. Good and bad will both walk up to any one of us smiling. Also, God reveals himself plainly to us.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

At least you DID hear.
I DO believe ,yet have no true visions I only FEEL a peripheral element. BUT as if instinctively I believe,not by any dogmatic rule just Jesus and God are there,nothing else needed as It all appears compromized anyway by such wrong.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Interesting. At first I thought He meant guide you to an underground bunker, lol.
But then you mentioned library. In the dream, you knew it to be a library?
Maybe, have faith and you will be guided to hidden knowledge?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

At least you DID hear.
I DO believe ,yet have no true visions I only FEEL a peripheral element. BUT as if instinctively I believe,not by any dogmatic rule just Jesus and God are there,nothing else needed as It all appears compromized anyway by such wrong.

But why did I hear and see? I am a non-believer!
and don't say the whole "The Creator works in Mysterious ways" line

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Why indeed.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I can relate in the sense that I have very vivid dreams, and at times they have meaning that pertains to every day life. So know that you are not alone.

I know you mentioned that you are a non-believer, but I know that in the Bible, God appeared to non-believers. Let's say God doesn't exist, there would still be no harm in praying and asking God to reveal Himself to you.

If these dreams leave you questioning, what I would do is ask God to reveal Himself to you.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I asked him "Why?" and he replied with "Your faith is deeper then a well and even from a bottom of a well light looks up".

He then showed me an Eagle falling to the ground and being eaten by a bear I asked him "What does this mean?" he replied with "Nations rise and fall and so do their empires, but from the embers rises a new nation an Empire like no other. It will be a land of peace, prosperity and it will be humanitarian to those in need".

What does he mean? What Nations does he speak about?

When I asked him he told me "Look to the East and the West, the winds of change will blow the sails".

I still do not understand why he or she is speaking to me

I'm just a man who had a very tough life, I nearly killed myself once cause of heavy depression. I gave people money that returned hate and judgement in return, I suffered from a serious health illness and I barely make it through the month paying my bills.

Why would it choose to speak to someone like me? Why not someone more important who can actually do something?

I also keep seeing a Raven and a Purple Blueish Dove outside my window from time to time. Are they omens?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ViciLaw

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

At least you DID hear.

But why did I hear and see? I am a non-believer!
and don't say the whole "The Creator works in Mysterious ways" line

Because God calls whom he chooses even the non-believers. What you choose to do with His call is up to you. It has been obvious from your threads that you are searching for something. Well, you have an answer and an offer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join