It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do I do? When this happens!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ViciLaw

I agree with ketsuko.

I'm not sure whether this is God speaking to you; maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Either way, God chooses whomever He wants. Since I am a Christian, I will use the Bible as an example.

As it says in 1 Samuel 16:7 "...For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart."

All throughout the Bible, you have God choosing those who others believe are not the right choice...a few examples include:
David-chosen to be King even though he was the youngest of 8 sons, scrawny, and a shepherd.(1 Samuel 16)
Moses-Chosen to lead the Hebrews out of Egypt, even though he was a murderer, doubter, slow of speech and would stutter.(Exodus 2:12, and Exodus 4).
Rahab- A prostitute chosen to hide and protect two Hebrews spies (Joshua 2).
Elijah- a prophet who dealt with cowardice and depression to the point of asking God to take his life (I Kings 19)

In the New Testament, Jesus chooses many people. Many of the disciples were fishermen. They were not scholars, priests, or of any high status. Examples would be Peter and John (Acts 4:13)
Saul, who was a murderer and persecuted others, was also chosen, and became Paul (Acts 9)
Jesus also chose tax collectors to have company with, even though they were shunned in society. Zacchaeus was chosen by Jesus (Luke 19:1-10). There are many more examples.

If you also look at many of the saints, they lived lives of sin before they became saints (an example would include Saint Mary of Egypt). And even after they started to know God, sometimes they would still fall, and fall hard. The point is that they are trying, and that God knows this. I think there is a general misunderstanding that God always chooses those who have high status and who don't have problems to deal with. The reality is, the Bible is full of examples of people who were not revered or honored by people, who had doubts there even was a God, and God still chose them. God chooses those who are a work in progress (aren't we all?), so they can be made perfect by Him, regardless of status. One can have all they need in this world, but be arrogant. One can also be poor, and be bitter and hard-hearted. No matter what, if a heart is closed and hard, then it isn't open for God to work with.

edit on 13-2-2015 by shieldmaiden because: added another point

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ViciLaw

START MEDITATING!!!! Look within yourself for the light and have faith in YOURSELF the universe is talking to you in a straightforward more what more do you want how can you doubt it just BELIEVE in yourself and seek knowledge and you'll be good he who seeks shall receive

<< 1   >>

join