It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicotene - the new wonder drug (why smokers like to smoke)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Guy, it's not only about nicotine, it's about the delivery method. You keep saying this by referring to smoking, and "anti-smokers".

Get real.

I backed up my claims, FYI.

How about this, nictoine is an extremely deadly poison in high doses, yet beneficial in pure form at low doses. Why don't you stick to talking about nicotine, and quit mentioning "anti-smokers"... is that too much to ask?

Here's another way of looking at it. I'm pretty sure most "anti-smokers" aren't against nicotine, they're against... you know... smoking cigarettes, especially around them. I'm also fairly certain most of these "anti-smokers" don't feel the same way to vaping. Most people who are "anti-smokers" are either neutral or positive about vaping.

Smoking it detrimental any which way you look at it.
edit on 8-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I looked through the whole thread. What was your claim and how exactly did you back it up?

Further, the post is about the beneficial uses of nicotene and how Big Pharma might have created the anti-smokers campaign in order to take control of the best source of nicotene from Big Tobacco?

Now just exactly how to I discuss that topic without talking about smokers and anti-smokers?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Are you sure I don't have a clue?

yes...

then stick with the facts of your Op and steer clear of the smoking bulldust.....smoking is bad any way you look at it...as far as the nicotine goes it would not surprise me in the slightest if in small doses it has health benefits

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Dude, you're not worth it. You pick apart little bits and lose perspective constantly. You're not seeing your own double standards, and the nit-picking which I'm sure will follow any response I give disincentive me from helping you out. This was for the thread, not you.

I'm out of here.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

but you still haven't told me what your claim was and how you backed it up!

Don't worry - others can see the truth of your statements. Its all posted!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I should also like to point out something.

Has anti-smokers ever stopped in over 60 years? Are we still be inundated with misleading and false statements even today.

Now we have an anti-smoker begging for mercy?

Have you ever granted mercy to a smoker?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Lakesidepark

You are the only poster to link the topic of this thread with the rush to regulate e-cigarettes.

As a vaper, you know the value of e-cigarettes to smokers who wish to reduce their risk and still get that hit of nicotene (sorry tired e-cigarettes and can't see the attraction myself but I do recognise that many others do and respect the right of these people to make their own choices).

As a vaper, you have also, I am quite sure, noticed the lies that the anti-smokers are saying about e-cigarettes in order to rush in legislation and basically legislate the e-cigarette out of existance.

You should also know that tobacco taxes including the Master Settlement Agreement payouts are worth about 40 Billion dollars in tax revenue. Big Tobacco itself only makes about 9 Billion.

Tell me something.

If vapors can see the lies about vaping - why don't they see the lies about smoking? Do they think that if they throw smokers under the bus politically that it will somehow save them?

Why don't vapors stand with smokers to fight the anti-smoker campaigns...to save nicotene as the valuable wonder drug that it really is and secure the right of people to buy their drugs from someone other than Big Pharma?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yes smoking is not good for your lungs. But addiction i think is mostly because of chemical additves put in there to profit more by keeping it fresh and fluffing it up. I actually do think they put some in there to keep you hooked too. It is not just tobacco in those cigarettes.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If you were wheezing and had a grey tinge to your skin - there was alot more wrong with you than smoking!

Are you seriously claiming that smoking doesn't make people wheeze and hack?
If you're really a nurse I'm glad you're in Canada and won't ever be treating anyone I care about.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Famous smokers:

www.therichest.com...

None of these smokers have "grey-tinged" skin and I am pretty sure that they don't wheeze either!

And you know they don't wheeze how? You're personal friends with them? You smoke stogies with them at parties in Ontario?

What a joke.

Here's what those women really look like:

Keira Knightley.
Lindsay Lohan.
Mila Kunis.
Mary Kate Ashley.
Rihanna.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18981912]DelMarvel[/post

oh lord - yes every smoker wheezes and looks grey. that would be about 45 million people in the us alone - none of them are attractive at all! No smoker ever has a relationship or feels well at all!

Rhianna can sing but can't talk without wheezing. You can hear Keira Knightly wheeze in the movies! I don't know why they would hire these people when they are just wheezing, grey-faced smokers. And there are SO many non-smoking singers and actors just hanging around doing nothing.

Tired of Control

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
First of all folks...

NICOTINE...not nicotene....

Second.

Addictive substances are not innately negative. Look at our glorified caffeine, for instance.

Anything in too great of a quantity is bad.

Nicotine has been too greatly entwined with tobacco (understandingly as it is the primary source for it in our world). Look at Botulism. Once, a horrific concern.

Today, something injected for sake of appearance. Could be more uses, who knows?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

As I mentioned - if you are wheezing and your skin has a grey tinge - you likely have more wrong with you than smoking. Most likely a respiratory ailment like bronchitis (caused by a micro-organism, treated with antibiotics, and never-smokers get it too).
Stopping smoking while you have bronchitis would make you feel better!

BTW - posting pictures of celebrities looking their worst is very common and none of those pictures are ever photo-shopped.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: amurphy245
a reply to: theMediator

What do you think about alcohol addiction? I believe alcohol is more of a widespread problem than cigarettes yet people don't think anything of it because it's socialy acceptable,and I think a lot of people are alcoholics without even realising it and I find it strange when someone has such strong feelings against smokers and drinks 6 cans of beer every night.

Pot calling the kettle black heh? Alcohol is pretty bad for our bodies, sure a little will be cleaned without any long term problems but the danger are numerous...on par with smoking.

Addiction is something to ward off in almost every situation. Moderation is the key.
I guess it's a matter of personal responsibility and for countries with socialized medecine, they can tax what makes us unhealthy all they want IMO.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Thank you for correcting the spelling.

As you mentioned, small doses of a poison is often found to be beneficial. Smokers get very small doses of nicotine and even smaller does of Vitamin B3 on a constant basis everyday.

If you were to take niacin in tablet form, you would get one larger dose once per day. The effect and delivery is totally different.

I find the subject fascinating simply because of its health aspects. Unfortunately the anti-smoker campaign has gone so far that it would be political suicide to admit that smoking has any benefits at all. Big Pharma is going to have to put out a lot of propaganda to re-educate the public.

When niacin was first discovered to be the cure for Pellagra, the public health community had to give it a name that did not correspond to anything having to do with nicotine because the public feared getting addicted. Niacin is a legislated additive to bread to prevent further Pellagra outbreaks

www.medscape.com...

Here is some more information on the uses of Niacin. it also gives needed doses of niacin at every age for health.

juicingtherainbow.com...

Tired of Control Freaks

Tired of Control Freaks.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I did some more research and found this:

www.newmediaexplorer.org...

There is a genuine theory that teen-agers start smoking, not because they want to look cool but because they may be fulfilling their nutritional need for niacin.

Niacin, like iodine, is hard to find in the diet without supplementing it somewhere. For example, to receive the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of niacin (20 mg), a person would need to eat 3 servings of poultry, 3 servings of pork and a baked potato with skin to get 20 mg of natural niacin. Other alternatives would include 5 bowls of fortified cereal or 15 servings of french fries. Another problem is that some people with gastrointestinal problems have trouble absorbing niacin, even if it is in the diet. I realized that there was nothing wrong with Festinger's Theory; what was wrong was the current view of nicotine as a cultural or behavioral symptom. A person has only 2 choices when it comes to oxygen, do it or die. The same choice applies to niacin and iodine. Without it we die. Lack of niacin or iodine may not be as quick a death as a lack of oxygen, but the results are just as certain. The result of this information was the formulation of a theory that teenagers may be smoking to fulfill the nutritional need for niacin. In order to test this, a comparison will be done comparing teen smoking and diet. The best way to do this is with a controlled survey of the high schools. If the information from the survey supports that teen smoking has a dietary link, then efforts will be made to improve the nutritional levels of that segment of our society that seems to have the least concern for nutrition, teenagers.

legacy.library.ucsf.edu...

now this is tobacco research handed over to government as a result of the Master Settlement agreement

I can't copy and paste the results into text but the level of niacin in cigarette smoke is quite a bit higher than I had thought!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

so this could explain why some smokers say that they just don't feel normal after they quite smoking. As the article noted there are lots of physical conditions that interfere with niacin absorption.

Smoking just delivers the niacin to the brain more effeciently.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

This is a blog post, not scientific research. You would have to be in complete denial to seriously believe that smoking is good for you.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

ok - fair enough. Now give me proof that smoking is bad for me and has absolutely no redeeming benefits.

Statistical studies called epidimiology are insufficient. telling me that smoking causes lung damage is insufficient. I posted the newspaper article about lung transplants from smokers in this post already. Those doctors had the lungs of heavy smokers in their hands and examined them under a microscope and still could not see any damage. The fact that lung transplant recipients have better survival rates is also proof that smoking does not damage lungs.

So go ahead - don't just tell me that smoking is bad bad bad bad - show me why!

Show me the one disease that smokers get that never-smokers don't get at all.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: GetHyped

ok - fair enough. Now give me proof that smoking is bad for me and has absolutely no redeeming benefits.

Lol! Believe what you want, son. If you want to smoke yourself into an early grave then knock yourself out.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Nicotene certainly does have an effect on the brain and the nervous system that gives the user a certain psychological advantage over the non-smoker. With the new electronic cigarette circumventing the harmful additives and harmful effects of the dried plant shreds of the tobacco leaves these psychological effects can now be enjoyed by health nuts.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join